997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

RUF Appetizer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:30 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by KompressorKev
i don't know if this video has been posted yet, but it's an awesome vid of the RT12 in Mexico Blue. and driven by Tim Schrick, with some awesome camera work and sounds!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HboR3Mwx8HI&feature=related
Tim Schrick can drive for sure... remember that video of him sliding the CGT around those mountain roads?

Oh, and a bit of completely useless trivia-- I heard he from the same family as the company bearing the name that's known for Schrick racing cams (for BMW M3's) and a lot of other motorsports components.

Anybody know if this is true?

Old 03-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by hesperus
Tim Schrick can drive for sure... remember that video of him sliding the CGT around those mountain roads?

Oh, and a bit of completely useless trivia-- I heard he from the same family as the company bearing the name that's known for Schrick racing cams (for BMW M3's) and a lot of other motorsports components.

Anybody know if this is true?
Yes Tim is the son of the Schrick company's founder. Schrick cams are familiar to many I think.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Banned
ISO9001 is infamous around these parts
I'd love to see a Walter Rohrl lap in a CTR3.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bbywu
You're saying this like it's a bad thing. Ruf is not the only tuner that strips and rebuild's production cars...look at Sportec and Techart...or Shelby and Callaway for that matter.
Just a little side note. RUF actually gets empty body shells from Porsche and builds the car from the ground up, so it's not a rebuild. Otherwise I don't think they can get their own VIN numbers on the cars.