997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

strong wheels for 997TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:57 AM
RTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Doesn't get much nicer than this

Thanks Duffy.

My bad photography doesn't do them justice. In person the dive in the center of the wheel is so deep & aggressive. Cant wait to put them on my car, bolted down w/ these babies... Did you put yours on yet?

Attached Images  

Last edited by RTEAMSTRADALE; 01-18-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:03 AM
RTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Those are beautiful - can't wait to see them on your cab. What finish - is it gloss? Did you use a specialty paint shop?
Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!

They are Gloss. Champion had them painted for me. I was expecting some slight imperfections (I'm an OCD nut) or something in the paint but was amazed at how well they came out, absolutely flawless. Whomever Champion uses did an unbelievable job. And Victor @ Champion was an absolute pleasure to deal w/. Bought my Tubi from them at the same time as the wheels.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by 997TT
I love the GT3RS wheels on the TT but those Champion MS61's look sweet. Are they lighter than factory TT wheels? And are they available in 19x12 for the rear?

The MS61's are Magnesium, they're a lot lighter than stock. The RS171's are the Aluminum version's which are also lighter than stock, I weighed them & came up w/ about a 16lb weight saving (vs. stock). I haven't seen the MS61's in person but from the pictures compared to the RS171's there are some slight differences in design. Hard to notice unless you look at both together but the RS171's have a deeper, more narrow at the center cap dive (I preferred this) & where the spoke meets the outside of the rim is slightly different. I'm not sure about the MS61's size (I'm sure Champion can answer) but the RS171's rear's are 11.5".

Porsche Factory 997 Turbo
8.5x19" 23 lbs. 14 oz.
11x19" 28 lbs. 13 oz.

HRE M40 Monoblok
8.5x19" 21 lbs. 8 oz.
11x19" 24 lbs. 14 oz.

HRE M43 Monoblok
8.5x19" 21 lbs. 8 oz.
11x19" 25 lbs.

Champion RS171:
8.5x19" 20 lbs. 1 oz.
11.5x19" 24 lbs. 3 oz.

Last edited by RTEAMSTRADALE; 01-18-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:42 AM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
RTEAMSTRADALE, thanks for the detailed answer! Your RS171's look awesome.... Can't wait to see them on your new ride.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:48 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RTEAMSTRADALE
Thanks Duffy.

My bad photography doesn't do them justice. In person the dive in the center of the wheel is so deep & aggressive. Cant wait to put them on my car, bolted down w/ these babies... Did you put yours on yet?
My car was built this week so I won't have it for a while. Being in the Pittsburgh area, with this weather it really doesn't matter. When are you expecting yours? As far as the Titanium Bolts go, I bought them from Poggipolini in Italy. They had three sets left and said they were not going to manufacture any more for a while. Said they would give me a great deal if I took all three sets. I don't know if I will keep the extra sets for the future or sell them.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RTEAMSTRADALE
Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!

They are Gloss. Champion had them painted for me. I was expecting some slight imperfections (I'm an OCD nut) or something in the paint but was amazed at how well they came out, absolutely flawless. Whomever Champion uses did an unbelievable job. And Victor @ Champion was an absolute pleasure to deal w/. Bought my Tubi from them at the same time as the wheels.
Thanks for the info - can't get over how great they look!! Sorry for one more question - do you have the front and rear offset numbers? Thanks again.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Thanks for the info - can't get over how great they look!! Sorry for one more question - do you have the front and rear offset numbers? Thanks again.
Champion RS171 Aluminum 1 piece Forged
19 x 11.5 + 44 offset
19 x 8.5 + 53 offset

No spacers/ TPMS compatible

There's some cool shots of the MS61 (Magnesium version of the RS171) here:
http://www.championmotorsport.com/
&
http://www.championmotorsport.com/997TURBORS171.htm

Here's what the RS171 looks like un-painted:

Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
My car was built this week so I won't have it for a while. Being in the Pittsburgh area, with this weather it really doesn't matter. When are you expecting yours? As far as the Titanium Bolts go, I bought them from Poggipolini in Italy. They had three sets left and said they were not going to manufacture any more for a while. Said they would give me a great deal if I took all three sets. I don't know if I will keep the extra sets for the future or sell them.

ETA on my car - sometime in March I guess. Last time I spoke w/ my dealer he said estimated build completion date is Feb 1.................. I know what you mean on the weather, I actually turned down a September 2007 build because I didn't want to take delivery right before the winter, especially w/ a Cabrio. And it gave me more time to make changes to my order. I made A LOT of changes/additions for the better so glad I had the extra time but now the winter cant pass fast enough!

Old 01-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by 997TT
RTEAMSTRADALE, thanks for the detailed answer! Your RS171's look awesome.... Can't wait to see them on your new ride.

Anytime... THANKS!

Old 01-18-2008, 04:13 PM
BADBRUNO is infamous around these parts
Rteamstradale

RTEAMSTRADALE can you provide some information on those wheels bolts you provided?

thanks

Badbruno

Old 01-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by BADBRUNO
RTEAMSTRADALE can you provide some information on those wheels bolts you provided?

thanks

Badbruno
Poggipolini Titanium Wheel Bolts:

"Poggipolini Titanium's beautiful torx head lug bolts are strong, beautiful and light. Poggipolini has provided critical titanium aluminum and multi-phase alloy components to Formula 1 teams for many years. In fact, Poggipolini Titanium has been an official sponsor and technical solution provider to Ferrari F1 since 1988. The bolts feature an independent seat that ensures a perfect fit between the bolt and the wheel. Save weight, and get that incredible Poggipolini Titanium look! A custom adaptor that mates to the bolts for installation is included with this 20-bolt kit"

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...0-p-45243.html

I may know someone (not positive if he's interested in selling/ he bought a couple of extra sets) if you're interested. He's a 6-speeder so he can chime in if he see's this & you want a set.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:20 PM
997TT HKG is infamous around these parts
Old 03-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Allan R. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lpm 505
This is my GT Silver 997TT with GT3RS wheels.

Your turbo looks fantastic with the GT3RS wheels!

A

Old 03-27-2008, 06:34 PM
BADBRUNO is infamous around these parts
Just received my set of Champions

Well I just had my set of Champion RS98's mounted on my GT silver

Light and deep dish edge.. I'll send some pics

thanks for the Advice

It made a difference

Badbruno

Old 03-27-2008, 07:06 PM
shnapps is infamous around these parts
lpm505 has good taste, his car looks great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: strong wheels for 997TT