997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Carbon fiber or piano black Center Stack?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
Carbon fiber or piano black Center Stack?

Thinking about changing to either CF or Piano Blk for the center stack. Leaning towards the CF to match the existing piece though.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:46 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
What a beautiful interior - the deviated stitching is hot! CF to match the rest of the CF.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:46 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
CF vote here....

Old 01-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I'd go piano black, and that's what we do most often. Also consider flat black, as it hides the buttons better.

The problem with CF is you cannot successfully do this aftermarket with ease. The tolerance around the buttons is barely enough for us to lay down a 3 stage clear, let alone carbon fiber.

Go with paint. Offered on our ORDER page now.

We have also done a number of jobs like this where we painted the door release levers, the surround of the horn button, the three silver sections of the steering wheel, and numerous other bits, all painted to the same finish.

Last edited by Eric (Plug Guy); 01-14-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:27 PM
mricorp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
I'd go piano black, and that's what we do most often. Also consider flat black, as it hides the buttons better.

The problem with CF is you cannot successfully do this aftermarket with ease. The tolerance around the buttons is barely enough for us to lay down a 3 stage clear, let alone carbon fiber.

Go with paint. Offered on our ORDER page now.

We have also done a number of jobs like this where we painted the door release levers, the surround of the horn button, the three silver sections of the steering wheel, and numerous other bits, all painted to the same finish.

I am going to have to talk to you about this when my car comes in.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:18 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I think the flat black would look nice. I was wondering how hard it would be to make them from CF because of the buttons, etc.

Eric did you ever have any success on the silver horn crests? PM me if you have.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:19 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Dave I just noticed the Ruf Shift ****. Nice!

GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
Cf!!!!

Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
"The interior is HOT!!!" says Paris Hilton

Old 01-14-2008, 04:30 PM
jmac is infamous around these parts
Took the following pic at a dealer in Dallas this past fall. I really liked the black interior pieces... The other carbon fiber pieces would still look great with it...

Jmac

Attached Images  
Old 01-14-2008, 04:38 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
I agree with Eric that flat matte black could really look great.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:18 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
.....so how easy is that piece to remove and reinstall?

Old 01-14-2008, 05:21 PM
BankBuster23 is infamous around these parts
maybe it's just me...but I like as is....ver nice!!

Old 01-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
gmoney - not too bad, but takes some time to go slowly. Pull side panels first. The switch removal takes a bit of time too. But we have dealers do this all the time. Send us the panels, we do the dirty work, send back, they reinstall. We've done all the a/c vents, door trim, door pulls, defroster, even the CHRONO - yep it comes out, cupholder trim, glovebox opener, damn near every piece. In a few cases, it was murdered - black on black, NO silver whatsoever left in the car. In other cases, we brought some color in.

Alpine - ONE silver crest for airbag is in da house. But it's not for sale. You'd have to sign a 9-page waiver from 6 lawyers first. The installation of the crest would be insane, but yes, I have one. Email me, I'll shoot some pics. eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 01-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jmac
Took the following pic at a dealer in Dallas this past fall. I really liked the black interior pieces... The other carbon fiber pieces would still look great with it...

Jmac
Jmac,
Thanks for the pic, looks good in black.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber or piano black Center Stack?