997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tubi Exhaust....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Jason A is infamous around these parts
Tubi Exhaust....

Just wanted to let everyone know that our 997 came with one and I am not that impressed. The sound is about the same as the stock exhaust. It is nothing like the change from a stock ferrari to a tubi exhaust. If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Here is a link to some photos I took......... http://picasaweb.google.com/JasonApplebaum/TubiExhaust

Old 01-15-2008, 01:22 PM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Ive heard it as well and its nothing to even consider IMO.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
So your selling just the Exhuast correct?

Without Headers & Tips right?

Old 01-15-2008, 02:04 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I just heard a tubi today...it was no question louder than stock...but not worth the money.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:22 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
It is definitely louder than stock, and worth considering. It is very expensive, but none of the available exhausts are cheap.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche997TT
So your selling just the Exhuast correct?

Without Headers & Tips right?
I dont think I am selling it just yet.... It depends how it fits with my other mods.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:46 PM
crocrr is infamous around these parts
Very subjective topic. I have one, I love it, especially once it has a few miles on it. Definitely louder than stock.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
I'd personally get a loud exhuast...

You want the haters to hear you coming..LOL

Old 01-15-2008, 09:08 PM
DSUNNYM1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
Ive heard it as well and its nothing to even consider IMO.
I was really considering the Tubi.

Sound aside,,, what about performance increase??
anything to write home about or not really??

Old 01-15-2008, 09:49 PM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
I have the Tubi setup an like it a lot, it is definitely louder than stock.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:04 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
The tubi is louder than stock and sounds great, but very expensive. I have the fabspeed quiet on mine and it's just right, had the gen 3's, they were a bit loud for me. The nice thing about FS is that you can switch cans back and forth from gen 3 to quiet to bypass pipes if you want. It's all very subjective.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:23 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
The Tubi sound is more of a quality and tonal change than volume. Kind of like having nice perky B cups vs a massive DD. Remember any exhaust will get louder over time a the engine breaks in, and after you chip the car.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:59 AM
MKS
MKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jason A
Just wanted to let everyone know that our 997 came with one and I am not that impressed. The sound is about the same as the stock exhaust. It is nothing like the change from a stock ferrari to a tubi exhaust. If anyone has any questions please let me know.
how many miles on the tubi? mine sounded almost like stock til i got around 1000miles on it then it started to sound louder and better so drive it more and you will be impressed

Old 01-16-2008, 10:46 AM
haudimal is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
The tubi is louder than stock and sounds great, but very expensive. I have the fabspeed quiet on mine and it's just right, had the gen 3's, they were a bit loud for me. The nice thing about FS is that you can switch cans back and forth from gen 3 to quiet to bypass pipes if you want. It's all very subjective.

How do you seal the connection Cat->muffler? I don´t get it leak-proof with the v-band clamps... Any ideas?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tubi Exhaust....