997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT production numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:03 PM
wbrownie has a spectacular aura aboutwbrownie has a spectacular aura aboutwbrownie has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bbywu
A well kept car with options may retain some value, but not much. Ceramic brakes? May hold about ~10-15% value of the $8K+ spent. Carbon fiber interior, leather center console, probably no value retained. Sports chrono and LSD? Probably hold no value...but will be a deduction if your manual 997TT doesn't have 'em.
Spot on...

Old 01-22-2008, 03:02 PM
eaglejackson is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wbrownie
Spot on...
Exactly. Add to the list extra cost paint, extra interior leather or aluminum bits, aftermarket wheels, and all that kind of stuff. They cost a lot of extra money, they can add to your enjoyment of the car, but they add zero to the resale value. In fact, some of it may detract from the resale value (like wheels). That's not to say you shouldn't get such options, but rather make sure your expectations are inline regarding what they do to resale.

Last edited by eaglejackson; 01-22-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by wbrownie
+1 People don't think Ferrari's depreciate. If you drive them then they do and it gets steep quick with more miles.
well whats the point of owning a Ferrari if you can't drive it?

Old 01-23-2008, 08:25 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I ordered one in March of 2005, received it August of 2006 and paid MSRP of 144,583.00. I sold it in November of 2006 for 131,000.00. At that point there were very few used available and the 2008's were 9 months away. I still lost over 13,500 in 3 months plus the sales tax. My new Turbo Coupe, built last week, has a msrp of over 167,000.00. Don't even want to think about what I would lose if I don't keep this one.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:49 PM
golfguy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vtandon
Just wanted to know the production numbers so far on the 997 TT. I heard some where for 08 they cut the production down. Is that true?
here are the 997tt shipment numbers for usa by year:

coupe deliveries during 2006 - 1,156
coupe deliveries during 2007 - 2,773
cab deliveries during 2007 - 736

Old 01-24-2008, 06:34 PM
MichaelL is infamous around these partsMichaelL is infamous around these parts
Anyone who expects more than minimally increased sale prices for factory options or aftermarket modifications on any Porsche may be disappointed. Mileage over relatively low numbers can be another deduction to sale price and extensive modifications may make a car difficult to sell.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:48 PM
pod
pod is infamous around these parts
i think it boils down to

ferrari = money back
porsche = no money back

buy a porsche if you like driving, not for resale value as you can see the 996 prices

Old 01-24-2008, 11:24 PM
whyb2nd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ActionJaxon
Fawk depreciation..Porsche's are ment to be driven..If you care about depreciation that much, dont buy a new one.
+1: Porsche 997 Turbo>def: reliable supercar. If u don't like depreciation buy land.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:55 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Sometimes I found that my own eagerness to sell or trade a car in haste added the biggest depreciation. Within the market there will always be those who pay more or less than others and I have seen both sides of this coin with Porsches.

I decided to keep all the stock parts on my current car leaving the mods open to either private sale, placing them onto my next car or strongly negotiating it into a trade in number. I don't ever buy my cars as investments but I do try to preserve the value in them and I won't walk away from my car feeling like I gave it away . I also intend to hang onto this car for awhile and if I add anything expensive to it I want to be able to take it off leaving whoever (dealership /individual) buys it feeling like they lost out.

Just my 2 cents .

Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
I know they are going with SMG and more power in 09, but is the motor going to be completely different?
Rumor has it that 09 will not be dry sump.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:49 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Rumor has it that 09 will not be dry sump.
That's what I've been told too by a Porsche employee. They said it will be the M97 block. It seems the GT1 block on the current TT will be going away. Apparently, Porsche will save about $14,000 per car that way. I am glad I bought mine. Who knows....

Old 01-25-2008, 03:18 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
I know they are going with SMG and more power in 09, but is the motor going to be completely different?

What is SMG?

Old 01-25-2008, 08:05 PM
eaglejackson is infamous around these parts
SMG is BMW's Sequential Manual Gearbox, or in Porsche-speak, PDK = Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe = Porsche Dual Clutch, which is the paddle shifting manual transmission (with no floor mounted clutch pedal).

Old 01-26-2008, 09:21 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eaglejackson
SMG is BMW's Sequential Manual Gearbox, or in Porsche-speak, PDK = Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe = Porsche Dual Clutch, which is the paddle shifting manual transmission (with no floor mounted clutch pedal).
Call me crazy but I would so buy one of those Doppelkup****ersinthebootyhole transmissions. Talk about sweet.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:20 AM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by eaglejackson

Thank you. And when is Porsche releasing this?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT production numbers