997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

white TT with HRE P40 brushed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 04:54 PM
dkreidel is infamous around these parts
white TT with HRE P40 brushed

As promised, here are a few pics of my new TT. I picked it up in Bellingham WA on 1/9/08, and drove it 1,400 miles home to Orange County California over 2 long days through some "interesting" weather. It is dirty, and I just returned from Hong Kong this morning so I wasn't too inclined to stage any fancy pictures - but you can see how nicely the HRE P40 brushed wheels go with white. The Ralph Boothe center caps were sent to HRE for brushing and clearcoat to match the wheels. The first pic shows how the caps come standard from Ralph Boothe, before brushing and clearcoat. Although it doesn't look like it in the photos, the caps match the wheels perfectly in color and tone. The centers are machined from 6061-T6 aluminum, the same alloy as the forged wheels. The centers are retained by three #10-32NF stainless steel set screws that have to be secured before the wheel is installed - they ain't going anywhere! The cloisone badges secure to the caps with PAL nuts and some RTV for insurance. The interior is natural gray leather with black deviating carpets. I'd post interior pics, but they would be unremarkable unless compared to the standard natural gray carpets - perhaps Jason and I can coordinate a thread showing the differences since he has a natural gray interior with natural gray carpeting.
So far, no problems at all - next is an exhaust so I can hear myself coming, and probably the PSS10 coil overs.

Dick

Last edited by dkreidel; 01-26-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:12 PM
firestarter is infamous around these parts
Looks very nice, and I really dig the license plate, that is the icing on the cake

Old 01-26-2008, 05:17 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Dick, the car looks absolutely beautiful! LOVE the center caps and your wheels - looks really hot on the car. I am still waiting - it is killing me!

Old 01-26-2008, 05:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
oh hell yes.. good stuff!

Old 01-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
VERY nice!

Old 01-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Surprisingly, more people interpret the plate as "you go slow" instead of the intended "why go slow"

I guess lot of old guys remember the Yugos

Old 01-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned
kuch997 is infamous around these parts
Looks pretty sic!!! Congrats! What type of front spoiler is that, factory painted or aftermarket?

Old 01-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Rob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant future
Wheels look amazing and the center caps are the jewel in the crown. They match perfectly.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:39 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
Awesome!!! Go with the PSS10's next to finish to look.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:05 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Looks great Dick!

Old 01-26-2008, 06:16 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Such a good look, those wheels are a big hit, I love them!

Old 01-26-2008, 06:27 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Man, your car is looking even more sweet than when I saw it in my garage when you were "just passing through". Those wheels + caps look killer! I'm sorely tempted in getting the same for mine but I don't want to be like some folks I know that swap their wheels often! I'm sorely tempted in getting my lips and sills painted! How has your lips held up so far?

We'll have to take some pictures of our interiors so we can compare the two. Send some my way and I'll take the same angle so others can see the difference.

Jason

Old 01-26-2008, 07:12 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Awesome wheels, beautiful car, great choice !

Old 01-26-2008, 07:13 PM
eyesurg is infamous around these parts
Sweet, those are the wheels! I think I'm about to order hre p40s and my car doesn't arrive till Mar.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:15 PM
The painted lips and rockers have help up perfectly - very surprising since it they are all white and any chips would be very noticeable. I did pick up one very small chip on the chin spoiler while driving through the Siskiyou Mountain passes in Oregon - lots of sand and magnesium chloride were on I5 to keep the snow and ice in check.

I will need to replace the OEM clear film forward of the rear wheel arch as it is already yellow and looks like hell. I'll talk to the local Ventureshield people and see what they recommend, but I'm inclined to not put the Ventureshield on the nose of the car since it is white and any yellowing would be unacceptable to me.

I'm leaning towards the Tubi exhaust, but still haven't heard one "live" and will need to do so before committing one way or another.

Dick

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: white TT with HRE P40 brushed