997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Help with 997 turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:10 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
If a Canadian kills another Canadian, is it murder?
I can't stop laughing....

Old 02-04-2008, 08:12 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nick M
Whether they're your cars or not, your boy is rocking some serious lip gloss homie.
What are they...like the spice boys or something?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:30 PM
boussoulas is infamous around these parts
The main point i was trying to prove is that i`m not a fake. I won`t say anything else its an online forum i really could care less what you think of me. Also thanks for calling me and my friend "spice boys" real mature. Sorry that were young and enjoying life. not 40 yrs old and go home to a wife everyday. Not that theres anything wrong with that. whatever.

anyways car we get back to the whole topic that i started? about the help needed with my turbo? or we just gonna bash eachother all day?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:59 PM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by boussoulas
The main point i was trying to prove is that i`m not a fake. I won`t say anything else its an online forum i really could care less what you think of me. Also thanks for calling me and my friend "spice boys" real mature. Sorry that were young and enjoying life. not 40 yrs old and go home to a wife everyday. Not that theres anything wrong with that. whatever.

anyways car we get back to the whole topic that i started? about the help needed with my turbo? or we just gonna bash eachother all day?

Old 02-04-2008, 11:34 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Go for class rather then flash. Keep the colors subtle. I agree on the not moding a new car until you put some miles on. Few people can out drive that car even stock, keep that in mind. Big horse power cars are the street are more for talk rather then fun.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by boussoulas
Also thanks for calling me and my friend "spice boys" real mature
Hey dude...it's your photograph...If you didn't want comments, you shouldn't have included it.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:42 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
About the color; I would keep it simple. No bright colors (other than Guards Red) for Porsche, this is no Lambo or Ferrari.

Let's continue offtopic a bit:

I don't know why everyone in US seems to be SO *****Y about repainting cars...

At least that's the impression I get from all the forums I visit. Don't you guys have good paint shops there?

Honestly, if you buy a car, you don't like the color and you even add further modifications, why the heck wouldn't you change the color too! That's why professional paint shops are for.

This is not the first forum I've seen where every one is bleeding and shouting "nobody won't buy the car anymore, the resale will fall!!"

I don't get it at all. Of course if the paintjob is poor (I know, it takes time to inspect) or the car has been in accident it's so but all this stuff is somewhat for an outsider like me

I don't know about you guys, but I would rather drive a 911 Turbo with a fresh paint with the color I like, rather than a 911 Turbo full of swirl marks and stone chips with a color I don't like....So sorry that I don't understand how the value goes down with repainting.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by Kaizu

At least that's the impression I get from all the forums I visit. Don't you guys have good paint shops there?

Honestly, if you buy a car, you don't like the color and you even add further modifications, why the heck wouldn't you change the color too! That's why professional paint shops are for.

This is not the first forum I've seen where every one is bleeding and shouting "nobody won't buy the car anymore, the resale will fall!!"
So in Finland, if you repaint a high end car completely, and resell it, the value is as high a non-repainted car?

Old 02-05-2008, 08:31 AM
bblanco80 is infamous around these parts
Just start with the basics exhaust,intake, Flash c how it is then if u have those done already think about going crazy with the turbos and internals

Old 02-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
So in Finland, if you repaint a high end car completely, and resell it, the value is as high a non-repainted car?
The market is so small with these kinds of cars so it's hard to answer but yes if the color is suitable for the buyer!

A base model 997 Turbo costs here $383k so every used high end car is much more favorable if you look at the price...

The same question can be asked about modifications, would a modded high end car value as high as original ?

In general modding your car (repainting can be seen as a modification too) is really waste of money

Old 02-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Kaizu
In general modding your car (repainting can be seen as a modification too) is really waste of money
I agree. In the US, most modifications will depreciate the value of the car, unless it's done by someone like RUF. Paint jobs, no matter how good of a strip down, complete repaint is done, always leads to depreciation here. Even with a flawless finish, the value of the car always depreciates. I think that's why so many frown on doing it. If you have no worries about resale value...then I'd agree...go for it.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:29 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !

Last edited by gmoney; 02-05-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
HAHAHAHA reading this thread cracks me up by second

Old 02-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamie
No more fake than this pic of my plane...

Old 02-05-2008, 11:29 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[quote=Kaizu;1659515]

Let's continue offtopic a bit:

quote]

Hmmm -- your words speak volumes ,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with 997 turbo