997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Help with 997 turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:57 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Good paint shops or not, painting a 'new' car will hurt resale. I would not touch a re-painted car unless it was 15+ years old or so and came with the territory (restoration etc).

'Fresh Paint' never looks good on a classified ad. Ranks right up there with 'minor water damage' in classified ad out of New Orleans.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:20 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kaizu
About the color; I would keep it simple. No bright colors (other than Guards Red) for Porsche, this is no Lambo or Ferrari.

Let's continue offtopic a bit:

I don't know why everyone in US seems to be SO *****Y about repainting cars...

At least that's the impression I get from all the forums I visit. Don't you guys have good paint shops there?

Honestly, if you buy a car, you don't like the color and you even add further modifications, why the heck wouldn't you change the color too! That's why professional paint shops are for.

This is not the first forum I've seen where every one is bleeding and shouting "nobody won't buy the car anymore, the resale will fall!!"

I don't get it at all. Of course if the paintjob is poor (I know, it takes time to inspect) or the car has been in accident it's so but all this stuff is somewhat for an outsider like me

I don't know about you guys, but I would rather drive a 911 Turbo with a fresh paint with the color I like, rather than a 911 Turbo full of swirl marks and stone chips with a color I don't like....So sorry that I don't understand how the value goes down with repainting.
NO matter how good a paint shop is, they can never re-create the quality of a factory finish. 16 years in the auto business and have yet to run into a body shop that can match the manufacturers quality.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:21 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
GANGSTA!

Old 02-09-2008, 04:48 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boussoulas
Attachment 60917

i don`t think i need to add more. i will get pics of my turbo up sometime this week when i go down to see it at my friends shop.
Pics?

Old 02-09-2008, 06:21 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Safe to say I'm embarrassed at how we've treated this member.
He's provided the requested pictures (just because there's no sign, so what - the railing behind the Testarossa/SLR matches that behind the 360, the yard is consistent in a few pictures, the garages are the same, etc - - and a collection like this would have circulated the net in a month if this guy has spammed from someone else), yet we've continued to bash him for BS reasons like his friends lip gloss and his yard's landscaping?
And then bash him for being young with exotics, likely paid for by his dad? You think every exotic-owner on this board is self-made? Get real. He didn't come on here bragging about his collection and claiming to have paid for them himself.

He asked a few Qs, is apparently new to the Porsche tuning world, and we treat him like this? Pretty smooth. We've come off as a bunch of typical old P-car ******.

If you want to go with one of your color choices but not repaint, you can apply matte black vinyl. It's smooth (cannot tell it's vinyl) and you can take it off later.
It was actually done to several Ferraris in Europe.
Regarding power, I would do it in stages rather than all at once. The plenum work and internals are probably not necessary.
EVO has a 610hp kit which is pretty simple and fun - I think it's just headers, exhaust, filter, and ECU. Maybe something else, not sure. Don't own a Turbo yet so I haven't triple-checked the details.

Regardless, welcome to the 6 and hopefully the rest of your stay here will be better. Thanks for posting the pictures, the cars look nice. Though I don't understand the need for 3 Murci's.

Last edited by WyattH; 02-09-2008 at 06:26 PM.