997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Help with 997 turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 05:52 PM
boussoulas is infamous around these parts
Help with 997 turbo

Hi, i just picked up a 997 turbo silver on black. I have sent it to my friends shop and im giving it the full makeover.

Motor Mods.

Fabspeed exhaust, headers,bypass pipes and intake.
APR Chip
Upgraded Pleum and intercoolers.
protomotive turbo upgrades.
Kevlar clutch
Short shifter.

Im not sure what power i will be running till i dyno but i`m very scared that im pumping to much into the motor and i don`t want to blow it. What can you guys recommend me to do what i should buy for internals or if you think i should be ok?

Exterior mods

Gemballa GTR carbon spoiler
Fab speed side skirts and rear diffuser
Rin speed front skirt
tech art eye lids and carbon mirrors
20" i forged wheels black faces.

I`m not happy with the look of the car in silver, Im going to be painting the car and im not sure what to go with can you guys help me out? I`m thinking between a few choices right now.

Lambo lime green
Lambo Peral orange with the black up the middle like the GT street from tech art
Car complete flat black
or the new lambo peral Blue i added a pic of the blue for you to see.
Other than the flat black i will be going the black up the center of the car with whatever color i pick. And will be painting lips of rims color match to car.

Give me some help here guys

Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2008, 08:16 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
You're early. April first isn't for another couple months.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:42 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
If you kept the receipt I suggest you return the car given it is such a disappointment out of the box. I mean, honestly, why do all the motor mods with zero miles? Are you sufficiently sure it isn't fast enough already? Seems to me 480hp and 505lb/ft of torque is enough you may want to play around with it a bit before modding.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Bill Oxley is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by brownan
If you kept the receipt I suggest you return the car given it is such a disappointment out of the box. I mean, honestly, why do all the motor mods with zero miles? Are you sufficiently sure it isn't fast enough already? Seems to me 480hp and 505lb/ft of torque is enough you may want to play around with it a bit before modding.

And repainting a new car. That's a resale disaster. Actually, it's a disaster in any arena. fficeffice" /><O></O>
<O></O>
Return the car and buy what you really wanted!<O></O>
<O></O>

Old 02-03-2008, 09:08 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Why did you buy a silver car, only to repaint it? Doesn't make sense to me, especially when you could have had a paint to order factory paint job.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:22 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I do understand modding the car out of the gate. It allows a driver to have a personalized setup from day one .

The concern I have is with the combination of parts as I do not know how well this will all work together . I am not a tecnician but the changes suggested in the original post are quite dramatic .

I also notice nothing mentioned about suspension.

I also feel that special ordering a factory paint is what I would recommend .

In my opinion --the real essence behind any car is within the hands of the person driving it . If the person modding a car is confused with what he is trying to create it will reveal itself .

To the OP -- Before you spend so much effort and expense drive a few cars , decide what you really want , and be certain that it's safe in terms of the car , its resale, and most important of all --the driver and passengers .

Good luck.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:11 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I didn't know that Fabspeed made aero parts. Are you sure that the side skirts and rear diffuser is made by Fabspeed?

Old 02-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by boussoulas
I`m not happy with the look of the car in silver, Im going to be painting the car and im not sure what to go with can you guys help me out?
Is this a joke?? Totally irrational.

Unless you are going for the "uh-oh, better get Maaco" look, aftermarket paint is something I would stay away from.

That scene from the movie Bachelor Party with Tom Hanks where they took the guy's Porsche and painted it with flames just popped into my head. YIKES!

The car sounds like all those girlfriends I had in Canada back in high school . . .

Last edited by Barrister; 02-03-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:25 AM
boussoulas is infamous around these parts
let me clear it up a little.

sorry for the aero parts i meant speed art not fab speed lol. I had the car for a couple months now. it has 7000 km on it already, The only work not done to the car yet is the aero kit and the upgraded turbos. everything else is done already. The reason i feel like painting the car is because i don`t like silver and when i picked up the car i got it very cheap so it was an offer i couldnt refuse. I plan on keeping the car so resale is not an issue for me. as far as quality on paint, my shop dose flawless work they work only on exotics and you would be shocked with the work they do. I didnt bring up suspension because i have coilovers done already and it really sliped my mind.

The combo of parts are not a problem in my eyes. intake exhaust bypass and headers are all from fab speed. Than i had ecu sent out to APR where they tuned my chip according to what i had done to my car already. The only thing i need to do is the turbo upgrades, But i dont have enough experience to know if its safe to up the turbos without internals.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
let me clear it up a little . . as far as quality on paint, my shop dose flawless work they work only on exotics and you would be shocked with the work they do.
That's cool. But a lot of what you said above is very inconsistent with your original post. Some pics would also help.

Good luck.

Last edited by Barrister; 02-04-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:15 AM
Banned
Freak997TT is infamous around these parts
I would leave the engine mods/exhaust/ecu to Protomotive..Also i recommend u to go with Proto intercoolers instead of headers.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:42 AM
khaosai is infamous around these parts
Hi,

there are a few companies now that offer an exterior colour change using foil. I think there is a completed black one kicking around on some of these sites. This then gives you the option of removing the foil prior to resale.

Rgds.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:34 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
let me clear it up a little.

sorry for the aero parts i meant speed art not fab speed lol. I had the car for a couple months now. it has 7000 km on it already, The only work not done to the car yet is the aero kit and the upgraded turbos. everything else is done already. The reason i feel like painting the car is because i don`t like silver and when i picked up the car i got it very cheap so it was an offer i couldnt refuse. I plan on keeping the car so resale is not an issue for me. as far as quality on paint, my shop dose flawless work they work only on exotics and you would be shocked with the work they do. I didnt bring up suspension because i have coilovers done already and it really sliped my mind.

The combo of parts are not a problem in my eyes. intake exhaust bypass and headers are all from fab speed. Than i had ecu sent out to APR where they tuned my chip according to what i had done to my car already. The only thing i need to do is the turbo upgrades, But i dont have enough experience to know if its safe to up the turbos without internals.
You talk like a twelve year old. You spell like a twelve year old. Buying and installing coilovers slipped your mind? You just picked it up, but have 7000 km. already - with all those mods -when did you have time to accumulate all those miles?

C'mon son, time to post pics.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:47 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamie
You talk like a twelve year old. You spell like a twelve year old. Buying and installing coilovers slipped your mind? You just picked it up, but have 7000 km. already - with all those mods -when did you have time to accumulate all those miles?

C'mon son, time to post pics.
+1 (with poker glasses on.)

Old 02-04-2008, 07:04 AM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
I hear Fabspeed makes a sweet Flux Capacitor. Add that too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with 997 turbo