997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TPC Inactive!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
TPC Inactive!

I was shuffling through all of the different on screen display options today (got a little too curious I guess) and must have accidentally reset the type of wheels/tires I am using. I didn't actually change wheels/tires and I kept it on the same setting it was originally but it is still trying to "learn" the wheel/tire positions. I made sure that it is set to "summer tires" (it's always summer here in So Cal) but now I have the warning light and the message that the TPC is inactive "system learning." I looked in the manual and found that this is normal during the "learning" phase.

My question is, how long will it take to re-learn the wheels/tires so that the annoying warning light will turn off?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Barrister; 02-06-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:27 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Barrister
I was shuffling through all of the different on screen display options today (got a little too curious I guess) and must have accidentally reset the type of wheels/tires I am using. I didn't actually change wheels/tires and I kept it on the same setting it was originally but it is still trying to "learn" the wheel/tire positions. I made sure that it is set to "summer tires" (it's always summer here in So Cal) but now I have the warning light and the message that the TPC is inactive "system learning." I looked in the manual and found that this is normal during the "learning" phase.

My question is, how long will it take to re-learn the wheels/tires so that the annoying warning light will turn off?

Thanks for any help.
I did the same thing I just let it be beacuse I was planning on taking it in to Newport Porsche anyway for other things. But the light just went off by itself the next day.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:37 PM
QUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Barrister

Thanks for any help.
Happen to me just yesterday. It took about 5 miles for it to learn and then the alarm turned off.