997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Delivery Date Upcoming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:09 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Sweet, Im still gonna plan for the 29th so if anything happens sooner it will just be a wonderful surprise. It would best if they didnt let me know it was ready until the actual day otherwise I know I wont be sleeping well. Just knowing the port arrival date I think will be causing me problems.

I think I need a therapy group for car addictions :P

Old 02-15-2008, 03:17 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raiyu
Sweet, Im still gonna plan for the 29th so if anything happens sooner it will just be a wonderful surprise. It would best if they didnt let me know it was ready until the actual day otherwise I know I wont be sleeping well. Just knowing the port arrival date I think will be causing me problems.

I think I need a therapy group for car addictions :P

There isn't a place large enough to hold the therapy group sessions. Too many of us need to attend.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Eurorus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mricorp
WTF is that supposed to mean?
It means that new 997 turbo will be out in a few months, and buying now turbo is on my personal opinion is bad idea, thats all!

Today I sold my SL 55 AMG 2008 modell, and I want to buy a summer car, and only 997 TURBO. I called my dealer in Germany and he told me that there is not point to buy new 997 turbo now, because in couple of months there will be facelifted version with improved engine 500+ hp and a bit more torque and some nice new toys. I booked one for august/september and thats all!!!! Will drive this summer as a Looser on my Cayenne Turbo 2006....

Old 02-15-2008, 03:57 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eurorus
It means that new 997 turbo will be out in a few months, and buying now turbo is on my personal opinion is bad idea, thats all!

Today I sold my SL 55 AMG 2008 modell, and I want to buy a summer car, and only 997 TURBO. I called my dealer in Germany and he told me that there is not point to buy new 997 turbo now, because in couple of months there will be facelifted version with improved engine 500+ hp and a bit more torque and some nice new toys. I booked one for august/september and thats all!!!! Will drive this summer as a Looser on my Cayenne Turbo 2006....

^^^^BULL

New headlights and tail lights everyone stop with the madness!!!! 911 Carreras, 4s and S get more. No turbo upgrade geesh!

Old 02-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by RTEAMSTRADALE
Just a clown. Meanwhile the guy has a picture of a 2008 SL, the one that just got completely re-done & redesigned.
dear person.... think before calling me clown.... Russians doesnt let that just be... im trying to be polite and just tell what I think.... so keep ur mouth clean! remember, dont insolte person that u dont know, something bad can happen.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by ZEMDOGG
^^^^BULL

New headlights and tail lights everyone stop with the madness!!!! 911 Carreras, 4s and S get more. No turbo upgrade geesh!
U want to say that there will be no upgrade for TURBO??????

Old 02-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by RTEAMSTRADALE
Just a clown. Meanwhile the guy has a picture of a 2008 SL, the one that just got completely re-done & redesigned.
by the way, I sold it today for 2% less then I bought it to some 18 year old girl!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 04:10 PM
U want to say that there will be no upgrade for TURBO??????

Yeah thats what im saying. No power upgrade. Headlights and tail lights. Maybe some new options. Thanks!

Old 02-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah thats what im saying. No power upgrade. Headlights and tail lights. Maybe some new options. Thanks!
Thanks!!!
Can I ask?!

When they plan to lunch it, and will it be possible to upgrade it???
I think I can trust you in this question, you work for porsche!

And, If I wrote something inpolite, I appologise for that!

Brgds,

Pavel

Old 02-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Im really just assuming from spy pics. I know Porsche through experience. Turbos are selling extremelly well. If it aint broke dont fix it. Or in Porsche language dont change it. It is highly unlikely especially with the GT2 coming out that we will see an power upgrade. Spy photos suggest slightly different F & R look but that should be it. I amy be wrong but I doubt it. Expect to see these cars in Septemeber!

Old 02-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Im really just assuming from spy pics. I know Porsche through experience. Turbos are selling extremelly well. If it aint broke dont fix it. Or in Porsche language dont change it. It is highly unlikely especially with the GT2 coming out that we will see an power upgrade. Spy photos suggest slightly different F & R look but that should be it. I amy be wrong but I doubt it. Expect to see these cars in Septemeber!
But will I be able to upgrade it to facelift????

Old 02-15-2008, 04:50 PM
I would assume so but I do not know. It looks like the internals of the headlights are the only things that are different.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:46 PM
i dont want to spend my summer without sport car, knowing that I can afford it and can get with wait line... Please suggest what to do?! Wait until this SUPER facelifted 997 will be out or buy NEW 997 TURBO and drive it for 3 years, maybe latter if it wont be very hard to do a Upgrade!!!!!???!!!!! Dont know what to do... yeah it seems rediculas situation, but it matters for me...

I really need other people oppinion!!!!

Buy now new turbo, or wait untill face lift will be out and then buy it! NB! all summer all my friends will drive porsches and lambos and ferraries and I will drive my SUV... k mon...

OR TAKE AN AUDI R8??!!!! SUGGEST!!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 06:57 PM
mricorp is infamous around these parts
i dont want to spend my summer without sport car, knowing that I can afford it and can get with wait line... Please suggest what to do?! Wait until this SUPER facelifted 997 will be out or buy NEW 997 TURBO and drive it for 3 years, maybe latter if it wont be very hard to do a Upgrade!!!!!???!!!!! Dont know what to do... yeah it seems rediculas situation, but it matters for me...

I really need other people oppinion!!!!

Buy now new turbo, or wait untill face lift will be out and then buy it! NB! all summer all my friends will drive porsches and lambos and ferraries and I will drive my SUV... k mon...

OR TAKE AN AUDI R8??!!!! SUGGEST!!!!
I'll give you my opinion....................

Take your threats and stupid posts over to the Mercedes board.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:31 PM
turbonator is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by raiyu
Looks like my car will be arriving at the port in Baltimore on Wednesday, the 20th. Im thinking the earliest they will truck it to the dealership will be that friday, and then prep it on Monday or Tuesday.

So should I start hoping for a Wednesday deliver on the 26th, is that reasonable, one week after it arrives at the port?

My dealer is Manhattan Motorcars in NYC

How was your experience so far with Manhattan Motorcars? Were you able to get a discount? I'm on the list there...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Delivery Date Upcoming