997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Delivery Date Upcoming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:58 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Delivery Date Upcoming

Looks like my car will be arriving at the port in Baltimore on Wednesday, the 20th. Im thinking the earliest they will truck it to the dealership will be that friday, and then prep it on Monday or Tuesday.

So should I start hoping for a Wednesday deliver on the 26th, is that reasonable, one week after it arrives at the port?

My dealer is Manhattan Motorcars in NYC

Old 02-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Eurorus is infamous around these parts
nice job, in 5 months will be facelift of 997 TURBO.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Baltimore shows arrivals on 18th and 24th. What boat are you on?

I'd expect 2-3 days from arrival to NY, IF your dealer sends a truck for it. If it rides with all others, it could be longer.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:20 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
He said the boat's arrival was delayed a few days, so I imagine if those dates are with the delays then Im most likely on the 24th which means I'll be lucky to have it that Friday (29th)

As for the face lift, originally I had like a July allocation but someone bailed on a January build and they bumped me up.

If all they update is the headlights/taillights its a turbo, what do I care? Plus, I would rather spend this summer enjoying my broken in turbo then losing sleep for a month while waiting for it to arrive in August.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:00 PM
mricorp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eurorus
nice job, in 5 months will be facelift of 997 TURBO.
WTF is that supposed to mean?

Old 02-15-2008, 01:01 PM
mricorp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by raiyu
Looks like my car will be arriving at the port in Baltimore on Wednesday, the 20th. Im thinking the earliest they will truck it to the dealership will be that friday, and then prep it on Monday or Tuesday.

So should I start hoping for a Wednesday deliver on the 26th, is that reasonable, one week after it arrives at the port?

My dealer is Manhattan Motorcars in NYC
I think we are probably on the same boat!

Old 02-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Renoir is infamous around these parts
Congrats!! I would add a couple of days....then if it happens earlier it's a nice suprise!!

Old 02-15-2008, 01:04 PM
RTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura about
CONGRATS!!!!!!! I think mine is on that boat too.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:11 PM
RTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mricorp

Just a clown. Meanwhile the guy has a picture of a 2008 SL, the one that just got completely re-done & redesigned.

Last edited by RTEAMSTRADALE; 02-15-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:17 PM
He said the boat's arrival was delayed a few days, so I imagine if those dates are with the delays then Im most likely on the 24th which means I'll be lucky to have it that Friday (29th)

As for the face lift, originally I had like a July allocation but someone bailed on a January build and they bumped me up.

If all they update is the headlights/taillights its a turbo, what do I care? Plus, I would rather spend this summer enjoying my broken in turbo then losing sleep for a month while waiting for it to arrive in August.

Plus if you're going to wait for the refresh might as well just wait for the S. If you wait for the S may as well wait for the next Turbo. You can never win by trying to get the absolute latest Porsche 911, there's ALWAYS going to be a newer version around the corner. The only way to come out ahead is to get your car asap and enjoy the heck out of it the longest!

ps: Besdes if you ask me the pictures so far of the refresh are not an improvement whatsoever, I mean the rear lights are a tragedy.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:18 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
If you keep waiting for the latest and the greatest you'd be left holding your $%#@ in your hands forever. I'd rather be enjoying it now personally, you can always buy another....its only money. Lifes too short.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:18 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mricorp

Yeah seriously what a dick comment to make

Anyway if it gets to port on the 20th and they get it early Friday why not pick it up that day or Saturday? Sounds feasable to me!

Old 02-15-2008, 01:30 PM
NYSpeedRacer84 is infamous around these parts
Perhaps offer to pick it up yourself?

Old 02-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Lol I'd love to pick it up myself and put some miles on it, whats the prep process anyway for these cars, just stick on the front lip and go ? hehe

With the facelift I was in the same boat with the M5, but I took dealer stock so I didnt care. I like both the old tails and the new tails on the M5. I think I'll feel the same way about the turbo.

The current ones are definitely distinct, and the new ones will probably be cool too, but who cares, its a turbo!

We should have a new turbo owners meet as soon as we all get our cars hah

Old 02-15-2008, 02:03 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Lol I'd love to pick it up myself and put some miles on it, whats the prep process anyway for these cars, just stick on the front lip and go ? hehe

With the facelift I was in the same boat with the M5, but I took dealer stock so I didnt care. I like both the old tails and the new tails on the M5. I think I'll feel the same way about the turbo.

The current ones are definitely distinct, and the new ones will probably be cool too, but who cares, its a turbo!

We should have a new turbo owners meet as soon as we all get our cars hah
There going to have to remove all the plastic/stickers, hook it up to the system tester. test drive it. Put on the lip. No more than an hours time really and then detail it. That's why im saying if they get it early enough and stock it in their computers and get everythig going you should have it POSSIBLY same day : )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Delivery Date Upcoming