997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

CAR Magazine: 911 vs GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:39 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I feel you, we just did 400 miles of back roads a couple of weeks ago, it was awesome. Yeah the two are a tad different, but if you can be on the limit on the mountain road you can be on the limit at the track, the track is easier IMO, I was leading us at 70 around 35 mph blinds turns. The roads were rarely traveled, but you never know.

I think you'll end up finding yourself moving up the ranks pretty fast, may be in black by sunday?

Here is a partial video.

Click here to watch vmax-mountain-run-08
I only felt it would be harder because of the double speed carrying out through corners..

Ask Stuart997, we did Bear Mountain and crazy runs with all of us NY tri state guy's, hairpin uturns with me and stu's back end coming out up the hill LOL, again i'm confident but know my limits, it's track season baby and i'm goin hard!

Old 02-26-2008, 11:40 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
i always feel better illm3 when i shut people down like z07.. LOL... yeah got a new GTR.. also got the new one coming in sometime soon.. i got the 5th state side.. CUSTOM COLOR and Custom INterior from the factory... i guess owning a few GT-Rs and knowing the people at Chait Day helps
WOW congrats buddy, can't wait to see it and hear your impressions!

Old 02-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
already drove it.. its a beast.. its kind of big for my tastes to be honest and its an automatic.. but its an amazing car to drive

Old 02-27-2008, 05:13 AM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is infamous around these parts
Z07... YOU REALLY NEED TO DO MATH... sticker on a 70k dollar car is actually over 80k after taxes...but what the hell would you know.you have never purchased a car in cash...
I purchase all my cars in cash as I don't like feeding the smelly, inflation-boosting, interest monkeys that plague society.

You seem to be telling me that the US dealers post stickers that exclude tax. That's different to the UK. The price on the car is the price you pay here. Your dealers need to learn maths by the sounds of things. Bloody hell.... prices that exclude tax.... wooden houses.... what am I dealing with here? It's like a bloody colony or something.....

Your point was still irrelevant, as we were discussing factory cars.

What do you own a GTS-T R33... with some KONIG rims.. LOL.. My friend i am well more educated then ANYONE ON THIS BOARD ABOUT THE GTR NEW AND FORMER.. You are a newbie..that really has no knowledge nor has owned either one..
"My friend I am well more educated...." F*cking hell. We need to build some schools on this colony, fast! If you even own a car, the educational-social hierachy has failed in a catastrophic manner.

PLEASE DONT MAKE ME BUST YOU WITH SOME SERIOUS KNOWLEDGE.. BOW OUT AND LEAVE THE ROOM.. come back when you turn 18.
Holy ****, heavychevy is no longer the dumbest person on the board. Congratulations!!! Consider the fact that I am replying to you as a charitable affair. It was God's intention that I spend some time with the under privileged. I must have committed some dreadful wrongs in a previous life.

Last edited by Z07; 02-27-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Me_qwkr I have read your posts here and in other threads and you are a tool that's so full of ****. Please you're not impressing anyone with your fantasy, "baller" lifestyle.

Last edited by Monaco; 02-27-2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:49 AM
br d is infamous around these parts
Z07. What's the point of this 'colony' crap? You're having a good battle with a couple of people here and everyone is giving as good as they get, you're all adults and can give and take to each other. But starting a general US slagging off is just pathetic and frankly makes you look immature. Nobody so far has taken an anti-UK stance when arguing with you.
I'm from the UK and get totally p*ssed off with the constant US bashing that goes on in this country, please leave it out of this thread.

brad

Old 02-27-2008, 09:25 AM
lee lovell is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by br d
Z07. What's the point of this 'colony' crap? You're having a good battle with a couple of people here and everyone is giving as good as they get, you're all adults and can give and take to each other. But starting a general US slagging off is just pathetic and frankly makes you look immature. Nobody so far has taken an anti-UK stance when arguing with you.
I'm from the UK and get totally p*ssed off with the constant US bashing that goes on in this country, please leave it out of this thread.

brad
What do you expect, he's a typical englishman. Exactly the reason why anyone with a full deck is emigrating.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:40 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Z07 cant come up with anything decent anymore because his AUTOMOTIVE knowledge is paltry and magazine related at best, so he resorts to attacking the Americans and our education system. LOL.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:52 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
Me_qwkr I have read your posts here and in other threads and you are a tool that's so full of ****. Please you're not impressing anyone with your fantasy, "baller" lifestyle.
This is going to be the best thread of the year!!!! Reminds me of "Festivus" and the "airing of the grievances."

Old 02-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
yeah got a new GTR.. also got the new one coming in sometime soon.. i got the 5th state side.. CUSTOM COLOR and Custom INterior from the factory... i guess owning a few GT-Rs and knowing the people at Chait Day helps
So wait, I'm confused. Do you already have a new GT-R or do you have one on order?

Old 02-27-2008, 10:18 AM
i currently own 3 GT-Rs.. have a new one on order and was invited to japan a few months back to test drive the new gt-r for a week...

As for Z07 and the others.. When you GROW UP....come back to the forum... you guys are like little kids that really have no clue.. and the fact you go to other forums to get your information means that your just a forum junkie.. GET A LIFE.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:28 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
As for Z07 and the others.. When you GROW UP....come back to the forum... you guys are like little kids that really have no clue.. and the fact you go to other forums to get your information means that your just a forum junkie.. GET A LIFE.
You have good knowledge, but man you need to work on your delivery. You sound worse then any of those others you mentioned. Which is a shame, because you do know your ****.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by br d

brad
Kudo's to you Brad

Martin

Old 02-27-2008, 02:26 PM
gtrmonkey is infamous around these parts
I have a clue about the gtr and I am from state side, yes I do some know some people with R32 R33 R34 state titled. Rode and Drove all of them. Yet to ride or drive the Newest GTR. R32 is my personal favorite. But if I had my choices It would be R31 GTS-R. I just love that car.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:50 PM
AS FAR AS THE IDOT THAT CALLED ME A TOOL...

I feel for you. I use to feel the same way you did..Jealous. As I use to be a kid without a license with the dream of owning the cars I had hanging on my walls. Then I grew up. Got a License. Owned a good size company, and now play with the toys i had on my walls.

Yes, it is true I am not a man of great words. But i am a man of great knowledge. Truth is there is NO ONE ON THIS BOARD. with the knowledge like i have on the GTR..

The truth is this.. I would take the Turbo over the new GTR for many reasons.

1. Turbo can come in stick.. (argue all you want.. STICK RULES.. unless you got 1khp and a dogbox.)

2. Traction. (The Drive.. the new GT-R does feel heavy. It doesnt pull out of the turn like the turbo does.)

3. Interior (I swear i hated the new 997 vs 996 interior. But the GTR Interior is far from anything to rave about.)

4. Style (HANDS DOWN... Turbo smacks the look of the new GTR)

Other than that... i shall be owning both very soon..

AS FOR MR. Z07

Lets meet.. Lets put your car knowledge to a test. For instance.. WHERE DOES NISSAN GET ITS TECHNOLOGY FOR THEIR TRANSMISSION....

Well let me INFORM YOUR THICK HEADED EGOCENTRIC BRITISH BUTT... The R32-R34 transmission was derived from the 959.. A PORSCHE...

The new GT-R transmission was derived from BUGATTI.. A PORSCHE OWNED company.

Futhermore.. Lets see who NISSAN aimed for their target.. Out of the dozen or so supercars.. They had choose to target the Porsche Turbo.. As around the world the Porsche Turbo is seen as a monumental feat of technology.

Lets furthermore think about the comparison between the 996 vs R34 GTR.. Every record the R34 held.. WAS BROKEN BY A 996 TURBO.. GOSH GO FIGURE THAT..

At the end of they day you buy what makes you happy.. Me nor anyone else on this board will make a full influence on ones car purchase. We can contribute to their questions and give them opinions. But its up to you to spend the money and make the choice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CAR Magazine: 911 vs GTR