997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

CAR Magazine: 911 vs GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 05:39 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by stradaONE8
I honestly know very little about him. I didn't mean to endorse his positions or anything he said. I was simply stating things about the members I noted for being abrasive without reason.
Read the posts by Z07 and you'll see they are abrasive for a reason!

Old 02-27-2008, 05:48 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gtrmonkey
To me everyone has there own delievery system. Some people way is attacking other is passive. But to me (I am sorry I don't want to come off as an ***), you just side with heavychevy because he got a alot of post and you are just looking to double team on someone.
It's frustrating that he has ruined almost every thread, (with a comparison of the GT-R), by attacking people who are trying to explain the reason for the choices they've made. I saw the same narrow minded posts on S2KI when people tried to explain why they chose an S2000 over an EVO or STI. It's for the same reason I chose a S2000 that I chose the Porsche. It's more than just numbers.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:48 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gtrmonkey
Like you can talk, Ranting about how badass the Z06 compare to everything.

Dude, I've consdered every model of car, JUST to beat the Z06, because when it came out it had mega fanboy runaround just like the GT-R, but not nearly as overhyped. So I made it a point to get a car just to beat them, and that's what I do. Trust me, I've had it out with them too. The Z06 has earned it's stripes, the GT-R has not with these pathetic best motoring tests and garbage UK tests. The Z06 has earned it's stripes on the tarmac at the track, though still not nearly the soldier that the C5Z is, it's a monster in every form or fashion. The GT-R needs pitiful Best Motoring tests to make it look like its as fast as a Superleggera and beats the GT3 and TT by 3 and 4 seconds on a 1 minute lap.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:50 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Why is Z07 still posting, where the hell are the moderators in this place.

Or is the forum run by GT-R fanboys as well. Hence the 997 Turbo section being filled with more GT-R threads full of fanboys than 997 TT threads.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:55 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
^
Again, aside from your opinionated qualifiers, you have nothing to say. You don't offer any reason stating why the Best Motoring comparison is invalid or biased, you simply put a laughing smiley in place of a worthwhile reason and bask in your own smugness.
You often see this behavior in those who are, do I repeat myself, insecure?? If you actually backed up what you said with anything, it would be possible to have a discussion, but like most interactions with people such as yourself, it is relegated to a feeling of disdain rather than adult discourse.

I dare ask what you might do for a living that has given you such a sense of self worth, but I might be met with another sneer down that impeccably aristocratic nose of yours...

EDIT: I have been privileged to have experience with a Z06 and I fell in love with it for its own merits although I came into the encounter with few expectations. I post this before you call me another fanboy and post another smiley and win an argument in your head. Also clever way to avoid any replies to my posts by continuing to go after Z07.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 02-27-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:58 PM
^
Again, aside from your opinionated qualifiers, you have nothing to say. You don't offer any reason stating why the Best Motoring comparison is invalid or biased, you simply put a laughing smiley in place of a worthwhile reason and bask in your own smugness.
You often see this behavior in those who are, do I repeat myself, insecure?? If you actually backed up what you said with anything, it would be possible to have a discussion, but like most interactions with people such as yourself, it is relegated to a feeling of disdain rather than adult discourse.

I dare ask what you might do for a living that has given you such a sense of self worth, but I might be met with another sneer down that impeccably aristocratic nose of yours...
Z07 you changed name.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:05 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
I knew this was coming. You can never disagree with someone without the witch hunt.

You can ask switchcars if I am Z07 or whether I am his personal friend from real life, in Ohio.
I'm telling you I don't agree with his attitude to the whole situation either, hence my first post. I think he is just as biased by continuing the trend of calling out heavychevy and the name calling. Sorry I didn't apply my first post to him also.

I have no issues with anyone, I just joined, and it would be silly to join with intention of calling out someone. In all reality I was just trying to get a real discussion going without the absurdity between the members who all claim to be adults with such fancy vehicles.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 02-27-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Woah there buddy, for a noob, you sure act like you know what I've posted in the other 10,000 GT-R threads. I have posted my reasoning for Best Motorings races being garbage, and besides that anyone who has watched them for several years already knew that.

So before you go jumping to conclusions, how about you use the search feature to know what you are talking about before you go stirring the pot.

And why shouldnt someone who thinks a 911 is POS be banned again??????

You clearly have jumped the gun and have no clue what or who you are talking about, how about you try some other threads first.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:15 PM
I knew this was coming. You can never disagree with someone without the witch hunt.

You can ask switchcars if I am Z07 or whether I am his personal friend from real life, in Ohio.
I'm telling you I don't agree with his attitude to the whole situation either, hence my first post. I think he is just as biased by continuing the trend of calling out heavychevy and the name calling. Sorry I didn't apply my first post to him also.

I have no issues with anyone, I just joined that would be silly to join with intention of calling out someone. In all reality I was just trying to get a real discussion going without the absurdity between the members who all claim to be adults with such fancy vehicles.
As I said before read Z07s posts from other threads, when treated with respect he is very abusive to everyone that that doesn't agree with his ideas. The treatment he is receiving is do to his own attacks. I think it's human nature to get aggesive when your constantly attacked. Again go and read his posts, he attacks everyone.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:19 PM
^Fair enough (to heavychevy), like I've been saying, I don't know much about you, I just joined. I have been basing my arguments from your actions in this thread where you sure seem to act quite snobbish with your, too poor to afford Porsche comments and your constant sense of smugness.
I didn't do all my research in your so called 10,000 posts, and that is my fault
1) I don't have the time.
2) Would it be so hard to just say it again if your reasons are so compelling? We can't always research archives of threads to have a discussion, this isn't a legal case.
3) You still are avoiding the issue of you being less than mature with your replies.

If anything, I started reading this thread to see how people would be reacting to this news and see if I could get any info from the Porsche owners themselves.
The first thought I had of the TT vs GT-R video was of validity as the guy driving obviously was terrible. As for the 3 way comparo with the GT3, I didn't think their method was bad, but people brought up certain concerns. Again, all information I came to find.
That being said, I found this horrific example of a discussion among car enthusiasts just flinging insults at each other, which is the reason for my first post. And then you continue to act smug and avoid any real conversation. So sorry if I stirred the pot, you were just adding salt to it...

To airflite, I don't doubt he is abrasive. He wasn't helping the discussion either by continuing to feed the fire. I will take your word for it. I didn't come here to research member habits and discuss them. This is what I do to keep myself sane in my otherwise insanely busy life, I was just trying to get a discussion about cars back on track.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 02-27-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Sometimes your just sucked into the Drama!!

Old 02-27-2008, 07:21 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
^Fair enough (to heavychevy), like I've been saying, I don't know much about you, I just joined. I have been basing my arguments from your actions in this thread where you sure seem to act quite snobbish with your, too poor to afford Porsche comments and your constant sense of smugness.
I didn't do all my research in your so called 10,000 posts, and that is my fault
1) I don't have the time.
2) Would it be so hard to just say it again if your reasons are so compelling? We can't always research archives of threads to have a discussion, this isn't a legal case.
3) You still are avoiding the issue of you being less than mature with your replies.

If anything, I started reading this thread to see how people would be reacting to this news and see if I could get any info from the Porsche owners themselves.
The first thought I had of the TT vs GT-R video was of validity as the guy driving obviously was terrible. As for the 3 way comparo with the GT3, I didn't think their method was bad, but people brought up certain concerns. Again, all information I came to find.
That being said, I found this horrific example of a discussion among car enthusiasts just flinging insults at each other, which is the reason for my first post. And then you continue to act smug and avoid any real conversation. So sorry if I stirred the pot, you were just adding salt to it...

To airflite, I don't doubt he is abrasive. He wasn't helping the discussion either by continuing to feed the fire. I will take your word for it. I didn't come here to research member habits and discuss them. This is what I do to keep myself sane in my otherwise insanely busy life, I was just trying to get a discussion about cars back on track.
This thread has gone far beyond the GTR / 997tt debate. Z07 is a POS that needs to be banned from this forum. I have read way too many of his attacks on numerous other threads. It is Z07 who starts all this ****. I'm just tired of looking at his frickin avatar. Moderators please ban Z07 so that we can continue with some constructive healthy debates.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:10 PM
I have about had it with your intolerance of my posts which are actually informative in nature and a seeming soft spot for the Z07 guy, you obviously havent been reading closely enough, I'm tempted to believe you are another GT-R fanboy as you've only been here long enough to see me argue with informative posts and Z07 call 911 POS's and attack the American culture yet you're waisting your time and mine trying to ridicule me.

As far as I'm concerned you can keep your opinions of me to yourself as you are not making the situation any better and I dont have time for your nonsense.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Uh, I let it go. If anything I tried to get this topic back on track. Also I said I don't know much about Z07 and his history nor about yours.

I honestly come here as a resource for my interests, it was listening to all of you treat each other like crap and ruin a perfectly good opportunity for discussion that caused me to post. Yes it was intolerance because I believe that we are all here for, as I said before, a common interest. Most members simply ignored Z07 or moved on from his inflammatory comments, but you had to have a pissing contest.
So I called you out. Sue me. I'm over it. I am trying to get a discussion going again.
I am new here I realize, but aside from e-seniority, my actions and attitudes have not been childish nor personal in the sense that I was attacking you.

I'm done arguing. I hope you are too.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:44 PM
For Fun, StradaONE8 what do you drive, if its not a GT-R, are you trading it for one, and if not why. Many people have tried to get these treads back on topic, so lets try again, What are your opinions on why you drive what you do?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CAR Magazine: 911 vs GTR