997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

CAR Magazine: 911 vs GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Your on the UK site correct? If i am right which I am, you'll see several 12 second passes within a year of it reaching the US. SEVERAL. If I'm right, you leave here, I'f I'm wrong I'll leave there. Deal?
If it gets a 12-second pass, then the driver is deliberately being a muppet unless it's wet, especially if it's a prepped surface. As I say, there is no variable other than the surface/temp. and minor track elevation deviances. The engine management even corrects for altitude and temp. Providing the driver can hold their foot down and hold the steering straight, it will run an 11.X quarter. A 12.X quarter would just prove that the magazine is ran by a shower of bastards, who may also use a 4000lb car with live-axle and the weight distribution of a ship anchor to beat it round a track.

An hour, I'd like to see the tires and brakes last that long on one car.
Too bad, they alreay have.

There is no way it can be proven? You obviously have no track experience WHATSOEVER to make a statment like that. I agree about the coming stock, which is why I brought up the track, because to replicate track results you have to go to the track, and the first mod at the track is tires, so magazine racing goes poof.
We were comparing factory road cars. Your comments bear no relevance. In any case, if you're upgrading tyres for the track, you go to slicks. You have no evidence to suggest how either car will perform with slicks. Just a lot of rattle as usual. If you upgrade to similar tyres for the street, then I'll go for CCBs or throw in another 5psi and take out the seats. A mod's a mod.

Evidence of what? Theories that dont apply to the subject? You can make up anything, but finding the key knowledge to answe the question is something that seems to avoid you, and others.
All your 'key knowledge' is at odds with all evidence. I supply evidence, you make up excuses.

You read the magazines, well read the magazines where the TT has run 11.6 in ALTITUDE and Trapped 122. I;m not going to waist my time llooking it up for you, but users here have posted those times, and magazines as well, since thats what you realy on you should know this already.
The GTR has already ran 2 11.6s. One on a poor, unprepped surface and the other with the limiter in place. Altitude will make no difference because the engine's torque model will up the boost to compensate, and with thinner air the car may even be faster due to the lower drag.

[quote=heavychevy;1697043]
Teapot, look around. [/quote]
I see your mum. So what?

Hehehe, what is this? Who said anything about no seats? Go ahead and avoid the subject, but the very vids you hang your hat on are slapping you up side the head.[/quote]
You said it either earlier in this thread or on another thread.

[quote=heavychevy;1697043]Bingo, I know who you are. Didnt even have to look it up either.[/quote]
Good for you. Round of applause. I know who you are too... simply because your username is the same.

[quote=heavychevy;1697043]Porsche fanboy reutation username, clever, just to scared for people to know who you are heh? Comon, you and I both know you changed the name out of fear, but dont worry, your secret is safe with me, dialect says a lot. .[/quote]
Blah blah blah. You're so right. I always get scared when talking to fruitcakes on the internet.

You are a fun source of entertainment but sadly you have no detailed knowledge of the subjects you dicuss, only of the magazines that you read. therefore it is a waist of my time if you cant provide an intellectually based counter to my points, as fun as it has been to deal with your ignorance, you can continue to plague the 997 TT section as I only visited here to set the fanboys straight. good day
Sadly I just rely on practiced proof and throw theories and hearsay to the wind.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:05 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
[quote=Z07;1697191]If it gets a 12-second pass, then the driver is deliberately being a muppet unless it's wet, especially if it's a prepped surface. As I say, there is no variable other than the surface/temp. and minor track elevation deviances. The engine management even corrects for altitude and temp. Providing the driver can hold their foot down and hold the steering straight, it will run an 11.X quarter. A 12.X quarter would just prove that the magazine is ran by a shower of bastards, who may also use a 4000lb car with live-axle and the weight distribution of a ship anchor to beat it round a track.

Put up or shutup!

Too bad, they alreay have.
So they say, seem's like you're the muppet.

We were comparing factory road cars. Your comments bear no relevance. In any case, if you're upgrading tyres for the track, you go to slicks. You have no evidence to suggest how either car will perform with slicks. Just a lot of rattle as usual. If you upgrade to similar tyres for the street, then I'll go for CCBs or throw in another 5psi and take out the seats. A mod's a mod.
No evidence, I have lists of times from Road Atlanta, VIR, Sebring, Roabling and traqmate files to show times with various tires and how they affect the lap times, but as usual you think everyone live on your same magazine = real (world)

All your 'key knowledge' is at odds with all evidence. I supply evidence, you make up excuses.

My knowledge is at odds with SOME magazines, which have put their foots in mouth on more than one occasion.

The GTR has already ran 2 11.6s. One on a poor, unprepped surface and the other with the limiter in place. Altitude will make no difference because the engine's torque model will up the boost to compensate, and with thinner air the car may even be faster due to the lower drag.
Altitude no difference.

this is too easy.

Teapot, look around. [/quote]
I see your mum. So what?
what is a mum?

Hehehe, what is this? Who said anything about no seats? Go ahead and avoid the subject, but the very vids you hang your hat on are slapping you up side the head.[/quote]
You said it either earlier in this thread or on another thread.
I said RACING SEATS WHICH ARE CLEARLY VISIBLE IN THE VIDEO FROM BEST MOTORING. (wow)

Porsche fanboy reutation username, clever, just to scared for people to know who you are heh? Comon, you and I both know you changed the name out of fear, but dont worry, your secret is safe with me, dialect says a lot. .[/quote]
Blah blah blah. You're so right. I always get scared when talking to fruitcakes on the internet.
fruitcakes, you've run out of intelligent dialogue so it's petty namecalling now?

Sadly I just rely on practiced proof and throw theories and hearsay to the wind.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:40 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
It depends what you're looking for. The Z06 is a difficult but rewarding drive, with a fantastic, modifiable, variable displacement engine. The GTR is an easy, consistent, user friendly drive, with AWD security.

Z07,

What makes you such an expert on the 997tt, Gt3, Z06, or the GTR for that matter? How do you know so much? Have you owned all these cars? For that matter have you even driven any of these cars?

Just for sh#ts and giggles, what do you drive?

I think the GTR is awesome. I'm just getting tired of watching (Mr. Automotive Authority) Z07 talk like he personaly knows each driving characteristic of all these cars.

The GTR is a great car. So shut the f@#$ up already.

Do they even build cars anymore in the UK?

Old 02-25-2008, 07:13 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
He drives an R33 GTR/skyline. I doubt he has any experience in the cars he argues so vehemently about.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Is Nissan paying this Z07 moron to pormote the new GTR on online forums? Check this out. The thread has nothing to do with a GTR. It's a hp question at high altitudes.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...93#post1697693

Old 02-25-2008, 07:52 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
He drives an R33 GTR/skyline. I doubt he has any experience in the cars he argues so vehemently about.
Where did you get the idea he drives a skyline? He was called out about what car he drives on another thread then he quite responding. I actually thought he got banned. Arguing with him, is like arguing with the know it all 15 year old down the block. The best thing to do is, just don't feed the TROLL.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:00 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Does he really? Kudos to him, best Skyline as far as looks go.. But guess what, you are right, and for the most part everyone magazine races with no experience of them first hand :/

Old 02-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by airflite1
Where did you get the idea he drives a skyline? He was called out about what car he drives on another thread then he quite responding. I actually thought he got banned. Arguing with him, is like arguing with the know it all 15 year old down the block. The best thing to do is, just don't feed the TROLL.

It's in his screen name on the GTR forum. At least he claims that he has one, but we all know how the internet works.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Henjie is infamous around these parts
Do your homework, RE070's are the closest thing you can get to R comps without being them. They are much stickier than PS2's. Sport Cups dont slide nearly that easy or loud, again, do some homework.

Far all we know the RE070's could be similar to the Advan A048's that the Japanese Time Attack guys get specially made and not available in the U.S. but are so much faster than any U.S. Tire as well.
Nah, the RE070s are not the closest thing you can get to R comps. They're sticky, but definitely not as good as tires like the Yoko Advan Neova and Bridgestone RE-01R. Heck, Falken and Hankook make tires that are better than the RE070. The only reason why it figures so prominently in a lot of import cars is that it's OE on the Impreza WRX STi for a few years now.

And the RE070s are definitely far from the Advan A048s which are real R-compounds. A048/MPSC > RE-01R/Advan Neova > RE070. BTW, A048s are available in the US, and no, the Japanese-spec A048s are not any different.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:30 AM
The Doctor is infamous around these parts
Fifth Gear's review of the GTR:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2lPZT6BfiIg[/media]

Old 02-26-2008, 05:05 AM
Z07
Banned
Haha. Thought you said you knew who I was.

I have had experience of driving a C5 and C6 Z06 but I have no experience of driving a Porsche... or of being robbed.

Last edited by Z07; 02-26-2008 at 05:07 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:09 AM
Z07
Banned
Originally Posted by airflite1
No dummy. I'm just not stupid enough to post a picture of my car or house on the internet. Seriously, who would be that dumb?

In any case, how would you know whether I'd hadn't simply gone to an estate agent site and copied a few pictures from there. Everything on the internet is ****. Using information on the internet I can disprove science and the occurrence of every major historical event.

Last edited by Z07; 02-26-2008 at 05:22 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Z07
Banned
It's in his screen name on the GTR forum. At least he claims that he has one, but we all know how the internet works.
The GTR forum where you're still making an **** of yourself and being called out due to your lack of understanding on car dynamics.

Heavychevy: "Handling characteristics are purely dependent on weight distribution."

Other member: "So why do many nose heavy cars understeer?"

Heavychevy: "Eyes don't knoooo."

You are a failed engineer who trawls the internet trying to prove his worth but just end up validating your failure.

And sure, whatever my username says, that must be the car I drive. Maybe I should re-register as Zonda F CS or Veyron_man or something huh?

Old 02-26-2008, 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by Z07
The GTR forum where you're still making an **** of yourself and being called out due to your lack of understanding on car dynamics.

Heavychevy: "Handling characteristics are purely dependent on weight distribution."

Other member: "So why do many nose heavy cars understeer?"

Heavychevy: "Eyes don't knoooo."

You are a failed engineer who trawls the internet trying to prove his worth but just end up validating your failure.

And sure, whatever my username says, that must be the car I drive. Maybe I should re-register as Zonda F CS or Veyron_man or something huh?
Now you're making up stuff? At least you can keep it somewhat mature but maybe not since you havent provided any technical information or have no knowledge whatsoever.

But I suppose defeat will make you want to start doing childish things. Pretty pathetic.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:39 AM
Originally Posted by Henjie
Nah, the RE070s are not the closest thing you can get to R comps. They're sticky, but definitely not as good as tires like the Yoko Advan Neova and Bridgestone RE-01R. Heck, Falken and Hankook make tires that are better than the RE070. The only reason why it figures so prominently in a lot of import cars is that it's OE on the Impreza WRX STi for a few years now.

And the RE070s are definitely far from the Advan A048s which are real R-compounds. A048/MPSC > RE-01R/Advan Neova > RE070. BTW, A048s are available in the US, and no, the Japanese-spec A048s are not any different.

You obviously havent done your research, the Japanese time attack A048's ARE quite different and there are hundreds of people from last years super lap battle in california that would agree with me. they are specially designed for the time attack in Japan and not the same as the ones sold here.

You are making assertions you obviously have not done much research on, besides, the treadwwear rating speaks for itself, and the numerous accounts from people that have driven on the tire as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CAR Magazine: 911 vs GTR