997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

R8 vs M3 vs 911 Turbo vs "Other" car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:51 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by airflite1
Fixed
cute...

Last edited by bbywu; 03-03-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:10 AM
gtrmonkey is infamous around these parts
I don't know why people keep on bring up power to wiegth, saying it impossible for the gtr to run the 1/4 mile that fast or it impossible to run the ring that fast. The fact of the matter was the gtr was 7 years in the making, one of the longest draged out lanches in the history of automobiles. I don't dout nissan maded a fast car like this. There is no reason to. The gtr is the most mechinally efficient car to date.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:19 AM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gtrmonkey
I don't know why people keep on bring up power to wiegth, saying it impossible for the gtr to run the 1/4 mile that fast or it impossible to run the ring that fast. The fact of the matter was the gtr was 7 years in the making, one of the longest draged out lanches in the history of automobiles. I don't dout nissan maded a fast car like this. There is no reason to. The gtr is the most mechinally efficient car to date.
How can a person even reply to this? You really don't have a clue!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:00 PM
I am sorry I don't have a clue. Your right!!!! were is your facts , were is your reasoning, because frankly I don't see any. I am sorry you are so high and mighty on the internet at the moment. Do you know anybody with in the industery? Do have some insider information that nobody has? Franky your argurment about light and low works for the most part, but the beatuy of science is the fact that you can discover new ways to make something faster. Have you though that!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:07 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
I am sorry I don't have a clue. Your right!!!! were is your facts , were is your reasoning, because frankly I don't see any. I am sorry you are so high and mighty on the internet at the moment. Do you know anybody with in the industery? Do have some insider information that nobody has? Franky your argurment about light and low works for the most part, but the beatuy of science is the fact that you can discover new ways to make something faster. Have you though that!!!!!!!!!!
Are you even old enough to have taken an english class. If you have, I'ld see if you can take it again!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:07 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !

Old 03-04-2008, 12:17 PM
I am sorry that my typing is horrible, that I will give you credit for that. The point I was trying to make is that with technology this day and age just about anything is possible. Something that is tall and heavy can beat a light and low car when given the proper tehnology, look at the design of the gtr its ugly but mechinally effeinct and then the gearbox. What makes the gtr fast is the fact that it has lastest of technologies put into it.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:21 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !

Yeah, I'm sure all the race teams are finding ways to add weight to their cars now.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Ok, go head and laugh, your right that was a stupid point.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:30 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Its easy to set a car in your sights (997TT) and make one that meets or exceeds its performance (GTR). The hard part was doing it for $70k, the (sole reason for which I am impressed with this car) and will probably pick one up when the hype dies down.

I believe based on questionable magazine tests and reviews its got the 997TT beat in some specs but until I see two owners duke it out on the track I will reserve final judgement. But the fact that both are mentioned so often is a good thing for Nissan and they should be thrilled with all the hype.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:35 PM
I am wondering if the 997 will get DSG?

Old 03-04-2008, 12:40 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
it will get a variant of it, but when is a mystery.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:45 PM
This has been beaten to death! Given equal traction a car that has a low center of gravity is lighter, and with same horsepower will always be quicker. I did work in R&D with a snowmobile manufacturer and also raced for several years. After that I did the Tech inspections for the Pro race circuit. Lightweight, durability, a low center of gravity, along with weight transfer and handling are what's important in a race chassis. When a race team builds a chassis that doesn't meet the weight minimum, weight is added not only as low as possible but also where traction is needed most. We're talking consumer cars here so there will always be compromises based on what the manufacurer thinks the consumer wants. The GT-R sounds like a great car, but I still think of it as a fast EVO or STI. Do to the high center of gravity and extra weight it's going to be limited in performance. What I'm really interested in, is how are they going to decrease the weight in the next generation and how is it going to affect it's duability? Also what's it going to do to it's price and it's daily drivability.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:51 PM
200 lbs would be easy to drop from the GTR. No rear sets, light weight front seats, some rays wheels, carbon brakes, 6 speed trans (rumors are out there) vs. current trans and your well on your way without going carbon this or plastic that on the outside.

As for price? anyones guess. if they go carbon brakes skies the limit. with the other tweaks...I'd venture a 10-20k bump guess.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:52 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
They have a difficult road ahead in that aspect. The things that make the GT-R fast are what add all the weight. All the gadgets and nannies cant go anywhere. Their track going version is going to be 3600 lbs, and that one has the back seats removed I beleive.

When the hype dies down, maybe we'll get some legit tests. At least we surely will when it gets to the U.S.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R8 vs M3 vs 911 Turbo vs "Other" car