997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

R8 vs M3 vs 911 Turbo vs "Other" car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:06 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I have seen a Neon whoop a Viper at the track, does that mean the Neon is a faster car? This thread is so silly, I can't believe I read most of it!
The GTR for 70K is a poor mans Porsche! I said it
It is the best bang for the buck, and it will sell out!
Does it mean its better? What does better mean? Stop using subjective terms and you'll avoid having to defend them. Magazines do these shoot outs to drive car sales, not to demonstrate how amazing they can drive these cars!
If we were to select one person to drive a dozen cars at the same track, on the same day do you think his driving would be consistent through all 12 trials?
When people make anti-porsche statement on a pcar board what do you think the result will be?
Do any of you honestly feel threatened by this car enough to make such silly statements?
Some of you have TT's that will just eat a GTR with any amount of mone into for mods for lunch!
Respect the Nissan for what it is and leave the thread to apples-apples comparisons!
Lastly, if you consider your self to be a driver of equal or greater skill then one for a magazine then you would probably be driving and posting a lot less

Old 03-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Banned
240ka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JZRS4
I have seen a Neon whoop a Viper at the track, does that mean the Neon is a faster car? This thread is so silly, I can't believe I read most of it!
The GTR for 70K is a poor mans Porsche! I said it
It is the best bang for the buck, and it will sell out!
Does it mean its better? What does better mean? Stop using subjective terms and you'll avoid having to defend them. Magazines do these shoot outs to drive car sales, not to demonstrate how amazing they can drive these cars!
If we were to select one person to drive a dozen cars at the same track, on the same day do you think his driving would be consistent through all 12 trials?
When people make anti-porsche statement on a pcar board what do you think the result will be?
Do any of you honestly feel threatened by this car enough to make such silly statements?
Some of you have TT's that will just eat a GTR with any amount of mone into for mods for lunch!
Respect the Nissan for what it is and leave the thread to apples-apples comparisons!
Lastly, if you consider your self to be a driver of equal or greater skill then one for a magazine then you would probably be driving and posting a lot less
try again how about a Carrera is a poor mans porsche. and the GT-R is a 911 turbo and GT3 killer

Old 03-05-2008, 12:37 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 240ka
try again how about a Carrera is a poor mans porsche. and the GT-R is a 911 turbo and GT3 killer

Waiting for you to prove it. Magazines dont count. Especially when their tests dont replicate the real world.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Waiting for you to prove it. Magazines dont count. Especially when their tests dont replicate the real world.

haha heavychevy. you are quite sad man. now mags dont count.

but when the 911 turbo was getting the best reviews in them they did.

haha its just pathetic how much of a fanboy you are. i would waste more characters on your but its not even worth.

as i said . everyone see the sky is blue but you are the only one who manages to say its purple.

haha poor guy

Old 03-05-2008, 01:01 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
lets not discount anyone and their opinions just yet.....

Old 03-05-2008, 01:05 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
haha heavychevy. you are quite sad man. now mags dont count.

but when the 911 turbo was getting the best reviews in them they did.

haha its just pathetic how much of a fanboy you are. i would waste more characters on your but its not even worth.

as i said . everyone see the sky is blue but you are the only one who manages to say its purple.

haha poor guy
You are making broad generalizations that I've ever put much stock into mag tests.

So in essence you are assuming I am like you.

You are incorrect.

You continue to ignore the blunderous statements you've made here and have no intentions of backing up. On top of that you ignore the ignorant ones you've made when you get called on it. You either try and change the subject or change threads.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by gmoney
lets not discount anyone and their opinions just yet.....

aw man that was

thats heavychevys reality right there

Old 03-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by heavychevy
You are making broad generalizations that I've ever put much stock into mag tests.

So in essence you are assuming I am like you.

You are incorrect.

You continue to ignore the blunderous statements you've made here and have no intentions of backing up. On top of that you ignore the ignorant ones you've made when you get called on it. You either try and change the subject or change threads.

and you've tried over and over again to back up your statements and they are just ridiculous

Old 03-05-2008, 01:16 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
its a real pic though, not poking fun.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by gmoney
its a real pic though, not poking fun.

i believe that. tbut the lighting from the sun setting is creating that effect.

but the sky is still blue

Old 03-05-2008, 02:08 PM
HAHAHAHA, you just pwned yourself, dont try and cover it up.

If the magazine world is as a blue sky, then this is in fact reality, and you'll see lots more of it. AT THE TRACK!!!

Somewhere you dont seem to familiar with. How about going and watching some real drivers and graduate from magazine enthusiast to real enthusiast.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:24 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
try again how about a Carrera is a poor mans porsche.
Another stupid post by a new member who registered to bash Porsches. Do you have a Porsche?

My take:

I don't really care if the GTR beats the Turbo or the GT3. At the end of the day, the GTR is a very quick car, but it's still a Nissan (Blah blah blah, flame me). At the end of the day, the performance numbers don't really matter. Only about 98% of the owners can drive them at their full potential. It's going to be interesting to see the V-Spec.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Another stupid post by a new member who registered to bash Porsches. Do you have a Porsche?

My take:

I don't really care if the GTR beats the Turbo or the GT3. At the end of the day, the GTR is a very quick car, but it's still a Nissan (Blah blah blah, flame me). At the end of the day, the performance numbers don't really matter. Only about 98% of the owners can drive them at their full potential. It's going to be interesting to see the V-Spec.
and my point:

neither can most porsche owners so whats your point

second im not bashing porsches. I love porsche but when the comments are dumb excuses trying to find ways not to give nissan credit for their achievement with the GT-R is what im commenting to.

i dont understand why the porsche fanboys that are hating and not all are but why cant they just welcome the competiton and look to porsche to answer back instead of flat out hating and making up excuses for the the 911 turbo and GT3 keep coming up short

it only shows their insecurity. and if they want to say they arent insecure in their purchase then why not congradulate and welcome. instead of ones like heavychevy. who has an excuse for everything thats come out so far in regards to the GT-R and has yet to come.

everything is a conspiracy to him, none of the drives know how to drive the porsches properly etc etc. its just ridiculous excuse after excuse he comes with

Last edited by 240ka; 03-05-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:35 PM
gtrmonkey is infamous around these parts
There is no use in arguring this topic anymore....

All the agurement are the same and they end turning into attacks on other people. No new evendence has been brought to the table. Let people have there own opinions.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:05 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
You all take this stuff way too seriously. Is your car fun to drive?? Mine is. I'm quite sure all of the ones mentioned here are all fun to drive. Which one is the most fun?? whatever one I'm driving at the time. What the hell??

besides if the Turbos are so superior, why aren't they competitive in any pro race series?? Thay get slammed in world challenge and every other series. Hell, my cayman runs faster lap times at many tracks than my Turbo could ever hope to. And dare I say it...its more fun too. GASP!! go figure....

go on, say it...you know you want to. I'll say it for you.... But its still a cayman, and not a Turbo. I know... I don't care. Just like most GTR owners don't.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R8 vs M3 vs 911 Turbo vs "Other" car