997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

R8 vs M3 vs 911 Turbo vs "Other" car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Banned
240ka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bbywu
But you didn't answer my question.

It is obvious this is the same UK car used in Final Gear and Car Magazine's test drive. If you can dyno 520hp from 102 octane, how do we know that this isn't the case for the test?

that's 102RON gas from the UK which isnt the same rating as US gas. 102 UK converts into 96 octane US

Old 03-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
We'll have to wait and see some more dyno graphs on 93 octane then. I've looked but that is the only one I could find so far.

thats 102 octane under UK scale which is 96 octane under US scale

BP 102 is 102 RON and 90MON. That equates to 96 Octane on the US scale ((102RON+90MON)/2).

source
http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_inte...tion_table.pdf

i had to join this forum just to clear that up so the Pcar boys wouldnt use their misinformation to try and prove another baseless point.

so Pcar boys thats not 102 US octane 102RON is 96 US octane

Last edited by 240ka; 03-02-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:53 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 240ka
thats 102 octane under UK scale which is 96 octane under US scale

BP 102 is 102 RON and 90MON. That equates to 96 Octane on the US scale ((102RON+90MON)/2).

source
http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_inte...tion_table.pdf

i had to join this forum just to clear that up so the Pcar boys wouldnt use their misinformation to try and prove another baseless point.

so Pcar boys thats not 102 US octane 102RON is 96 US octane
Sooo...what you're really trying to say is that the GT-R is really rated 520 on standard octane, not 480...which was the fundamental marketing strategy of comparison against the 911 Turbo's 480 hp.

Thanks for making my point even clearer.

Oh, BTW, I prefer P-car MAN...I work for a living...instead of trolling from forum to forum like some others.

Last edited by bbywu; 03-02-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
But doesn't this put into question everything about Nissan's marketing? If the car dynos 520 at the crank on higher octane, how do we know that the car wasn't given a 50hp advantage during Car Magazine's test?
So, we can take this further. How do we know that Porsche didn't modify the TT knowing it was going to go up against the GT-R?

Old 03-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Banned
Sooo...what you're really trying to say is that the GT-R is really rated 520 on standard octane, not 480...which was the fundamental marketing strategy of comparison against the 911 Turbo's 480 hp.

Thanks for making my point even clearer.

Oh, BTW, I prefer P-car MAN...I work for a living...instead of trolling from forum to forum like some others.

bro when has any skyline NOT been underrated. why are you so suprised.

the GT-R is putting down 520 at the engine on 96 octane on a motor thats not even broken in

you act like its a bad thing. the 911 turbo is out gunned end of story. there is no conspiracy. Nissan did what they said they would do.

now just wait for the Spec V. Nissan Has its guns locked on the Carerra GT which means beating the GT2 in the process. if they do like they said they would with the 911 turbo. those two are going down as well..

and you work for a living but you are here on this forum so what was the point in you saying that? ha

Last edited by 240ka; 03-02-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:34 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
bro when has any skyline NOT been underrated. why are you so suprised.

the GT-R is putting down 520 at the engine on 96 octane on a motor thats not even broken in

you act like its a bad thing. the 911 turbo is out gunned end of story. there is no conspiracy. Nissan did what they said they would do.

now just wait for the Spec V. the GT2 and Carrera GT are going down as well
First...I'm not your "bro"...

Second...I'm not suprised. Read my posts. I've had nothing but good comments about the GT-R. All I'm saying is if Nissan wants to market against the 911, they shouldn't downrate the engine HP rating to make a marketing comparison to the competition.

Third...if you had any track time at all, you'd realize that the 911 Turbo is hardly gunned down. I'll meet you at Road America to prove it.

Lastly...wait for the Spec V? What kind of silly comment is that. You joined 6speed to make this enlightening statement? That's like me saying "wait for the 998 GT2"...lame.

That'll be my last comment direct toward you...I don't feed trolls.

Attached Images  

Last edited by bbywu; 03-02-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
Almost like when you called me "dude"!

Old 03-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
Almost like when you called me "dude"!
Tony...when I call you dude...it's a term of endearment....

Old 03-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned

Second...I'm not suprised. Read my posts. I've had nothing but good comments about the GT-R. All I'm saying is if Nissan wants to market against the 911, they shouldn't downrate the engine HP rating to make a marketing comparison to the competition.

Third...if you had any track time at all, you'd realize that the 911 Turbo is hardly gunned down. I'll meet you at Road America to prove it.

Lastly...wait for the Spec V? What kind of silly comment is that. You joined 6speed to make this enlightening statement? That's like me saying "wait for the 998 GT2"...lame.

That'll be my last comment direct toward you...I don't feed trolls.

haha calm down BRO. its not that serious. and i joined b/c you guys were thinking that the GT-R ran on 102 octane when it was 102RON meaning 96 octance. but that yall were going to take that and run with it trying to find another way to flame the GT-R based on false assumptions

it is what it is.

the GT-R is the New King and benchmark. yall can say yall rather the 911 turbo for whatever reason yall like to keep coming up with.

fact is. you all keep making up excuse after excuse to keep from giving the GT-R the full credit it deserves. the competition is good for everyone.

and if i was a porsche owner i would want this b/c its showing me how much porsches been ripping me off as a customer.

the fanboys will stay pissed and make up excuses. the pcar owners that are car enthusiast welcome the compeition and is now looking at porsche to answer back.

its not that big of a deal. porsche has been a zone all by its self for a long time and it ovbvious the fanboys have also. this as shaken things up and porsche is no longer in a league of their own.

now that they have to prove again why they make the best everyday super. this time around they have a legit competitor to go against and arent in a comfortable position like they have been for the past decades.

its good for us consumers. welcome the compeition. and this isnt solely directed at you so please dont take it that way.

its direct at those so keep making up excuse after excuse. like "heavychevy" thats why he stopped posting at nagtroc. he's been called out on plenty of forums b/c of its antics. he's very knowledgeable but then he stops arguing from knewledge and facts and moves to his ownpersonal opinions and rhetoric

and the main thing bpeople are forgeting is that that the GT-R has a rev limiter.

Last edited by 240ka; 03-02-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:19 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I knew this test was full of it. Look at two of the TT's corner speeds. they are FAR below all of the other cars. DRIFTING, just like I tried to explain to the fanboys, but they didnt want to here it.

So explain how the TT is that much slower in two turns than ALL of the cars and then fastest in the last turn. This test is garbage, and there is your proof.

Next explain how a car with the slowest cornering speeds had the fastest speeds on the straights BY FAR!!!!!!!!! Yet the GT-R is faster in every way??????? And after drifting through two WHOLE turns, only a second down. Man, I'm telling you, the truth shall set you free.

Doesnt add up and the articles that the mag writers SAY the TT is faster in a straight line somehow slip through the cracks.

So all you 997 TT owners, dont buy into the magazine hype and put your tail between your legs, there is more to this story than meets the eye (or magazine).
amen to that! +1!

Old 03-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
amen to that! +1!
what you fail to realize is that the GT-R has a rev limiter on it. why do you think the 1/4 mile vid with the GT-R in austrailia ran an 11.67 and only trapped 111.6mph? b/c of the REV LIMITER that hit at the third quarter of the the track

Last edited by 240ka; 03-02-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
haha calm down BRO. its not that serious. and i joined b/c you guys were thinking that the GT-R ran on 102 octane when it was 102RON meaning 96 octance. but that yall were going to take that and run with it trying to find another way to flame the GT-R based on false assumptions

it is what it is.

the GT-R is the New King and benchmark. yall can say yall rather the 911 turbo for whatever reason yall like to keep coming up with.

fact is. you all keep making up excuse after excuse to keep from giving the GT-R the full credit it deserves. the competition is good for everyone.

and if i was a porsche owner i would want this b/c its showing me how much porsches been ripping me off as a customer.

the fanboys will stay pissed and make up excuses. the pcar owners that are car enthusiast welcome the compeition and is now looking at porsche to answer back.

its not that big of a deal. porsche has been a zone all by its self for a long time and it ovbvious the fanboys have also. this as shaken things up and porsche is no longer in a league of their own.

now that they have to prove again why they make the best everyday super. this time around they have a legit competitor to go against and arent in a comfortable position like they have been for the past decades.

its good for us consumers. welcome the compeition. and this isnt solely directed at you so please dont take it that way.

its direct at those so keep making up excuse after excuse. like "heavychevy" thats why he stopped posting at nagtroc. he's been called out on plenty of forums b/c of its antics. he's very knowledgeable but then he stops arguing from knewledge and facts and moves to his ownpersonal opinions and rhetoric

and the main thing bpeople are forgeting in this new test is that the GT-R has a rev limiter.

Stop posting? Try being not allowed to post because I kept making some fanboys and a certain clueless moderator look like the clueless clowns they are.

You seemed to ignore the fact that you've been challenged. I expect well see a lot of fanboys yapping and jumping up and down with the magazines, but when it comes time to put up or shutup, they'll get just that. Ignored.

And I know you have seen the questionable figures on that very dyno as well. You seem to ignore that part. I'm not big on dyno numbers so I'll just copy and paste.
Originally Posted by ArtM3
peak HP is at 6600 rpm
dyno torque ~ 410 at 6600
crank HP = correction f (20% loss assumed) x 4th/3rd x rpm/5252 x T
= 1.2 x 1.248/1.595 x 6600/5252 x 410 ~ 484 HP
weird how that works out, I'm sure the 96 octane gave it a few ponies
Originally Posted by ArtM3
he says it's 520 HP, calculated from 457 whp..how does he know the loss factor?
he says the torque is 444 (wheel) in 4th gear, but the test was run in third...
so it's actually 1.248/1.595 x 444 ~ 347 (wheel)
assuming 20% losses, about right for an awd on a roller dyno, 2 drivshafts, etc.
347/0.8 = 433 (crank) exactly nissans rating
the HP is calculated from the torque as follows: (the dyno measures torque, calcs HP
HP = rpm/5252 x T so it would be off the same proportion, and be ~480

Besides I could care less. The TT will spank the GT-R in a straight line, and for people who know how to drive one properly, it'll spank it on the track too. I happen to be in that population of people that can wheel a TT.

The magazines wont help you in the real world even if you keep them taped to the winsheild while you're getting beat down on the track.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Banned
Stop posting? Try being not allowed to post because I kept making some fanboys and a certain clueless moderator look like the clueless clowns they are.

You seemed to ignore the fact that you've been challenged. I expect well see a lot of fanboys yapping and jumping up and down with the magazines, but when it comes time to put up or shutup, they'll get just that. Ignored.

And I know you have seen the questionable figures on that very dyno as well. You seem to ignore that part. I'm not big on dyno numbers so I'll just copy and paste.

Besides I could care less. The TT will spank the GT-R in a straight line, and for people who know how to drive one properly, it'll spank it on the track too. I happen to be in that population of people that can wheel a TT.

The magazines wont help you in the real world even if you keep them taped to the winsheild while you're getting beat down on the track.
haha heavychevy if you could only step out of yourself and see your postings. you would see how ridiculous your postings get lke the rest of us do. you are trying to base your arguments on a 911 turbo that doesnt have a speedlimiter vs a GT-R that does. and the 911 turbo still gets outperformed

thats why the 911 turbo was able to make up ground on the str8s. what do you think happens when the rev limiter is deactivated? ill let you answer that one

Last edited by 240ka; 03-02-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:42 PM

Can I add this to my sig?

Old 03-02-2008, 08:46 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Here is my conclusion:

The Nissan is fast and butt ****in' ugly. I will not own one.

R8 over-rated and over-hyped. Does have sex appeal.

M3 - Wrong game, wrong day. Needs so much more.

P - Most HP, Most TQ, Lightest. WTF? Twice the price, all the power and the loss? Better get a new game face.

I don't give a **** what anyone says, the competition is pushing all these cars over the edge and WE are winning. Thank god the ACR wasn't in the competition.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R8 vs M3 vs 911 Turbo vs "Other" car