997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

R8 vs M3 vs 911 Turbo vs "Other" car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:47 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 240ka
what you fail to realize is that the GT-R has a rev limiter on it. why do you think the 1/4 mile vid with the GT-R in austrailia ran an 11.67 and only trapped 111.6mph? b/c of the REV LIMITER that hit at the third quarter of the the track

There is no mention in the article of the GT-R hitting the rev limiter, and there is also a video of that same GT-R with it's hp and everything STATING it's delimited.

Besides, how can you dyno a car without going over 111 mph. Not many cars dyno in 3rd gear.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Banned
240ka is infamous around these parts
ha and you are using numbers that ArtM3 posted. if i remember correctly. he banned me from m3forum b/c he tried to say that the GT3 and 911 beat the GT-R by 3secs on the BM video with the Gallardo SL, GT-R, GT3, 911 turbo and NSX.

and when i called him out that he was wrong as two left shoes and posted the track times for each car showing it was in fact the GT-R that beat the 911 and GT3 by 3 secs. he banned me

but that if thats the same guy im thinking of from m3forum

Old 03-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by heavychevy
There is no mention in the article of the GT-R hitting the rev limiter, and there is also a video of that same GT-R with it's hp and everything STATING it's delimited.

Besides, how can you dyno a car without going over 111 mph. Not many cars dyno in 3rd gear.

heavychevy how about doing full research instead of cherry picking just so you can to try and prove why the 911 turbo is better.

look at the graph man starting at point 3, you can see the GT-R starts to flaten out towards the peak which suggest fuel is starting to be cut. ther is definately a rev limiter on the GT-R.

Last edited by 240ka; 03-02-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bbywu

Can I add this to my sig?

Old 03-02-2008, 09:02 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by forhamilton
Here is my conclusion:

The Nissan is fast and butt ****in' ugly. I will not own one.

Tell us how you really feel.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:09 PM
heavychevy how about doing full research instead of cherry picking just so you can to try and prove why the 911 turbo is better.

look at the graph man starting at point 3, you can see the GT-R starts to flaten out towards the peak which suggest fuel is starting to be cut. ther is definately a rev limiter on the GT-R.

why didnt they mention the rev limiter then, that would be too vital to have been left out. Also the rev limiter is 111 mph, not 109.

And finally, they dynoed the car in 4th gear, which would have meant they went past the 111 mph rev limiter as I dont know a car that cant go past 111 in 4th gear, may be wrong on that though.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:20 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
i'm a little late to this party, and haven't read all 5 pages in detail. but wanted to add this top gear video of R8 vs GT3 incase it wasn't posted already... take it for what its worth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Myv8qjHNM

Old 03-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Banned
why didnt they mention the rev limiter then, that would be too vital to have been left out. Also the rev limiter is 111 mph, not 109.

And finally, they dynoed the car in 4th gear, which would have meant they went past the 111 mph rev limiter as I dont know a car that cant go past 111 in 4th gear, may be wrong on that though.
there are plenty of jabs and sly remarks in this article pickin on the GT-R they even called it a "rice rocket." with that being said do you think they are giong to also state the fact that the 911 turbo was out performed even with the GT-R speed limiter activated. thats just more poo shoved in porsche's face

so far its only been stated that the US spec GT-Rs wont have a speed limiter

as i said why do you think in the first couple car mag tests the GT-R was posting 11.6@ 120-121mph(motor trend, edmunds, car adn drive etc) and now you are seeing slower trap speeds once again i reference the 1/4 mile vid of the GT-R in Aust. SPEED LIMITER oh wait i forgot. its rigged and they are baised towards the GT-R instead of the beloved 911 turbo which they have all been baised torwards for years and for good reason

its all there heavy. either you are going to break down everything or some things. and pull what you are looking for from it

Last edited by 240ka; 03-02-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:39 PM
there are plenty of jabs and sly remarks in this article pickin on the GT-R they even called it a "rice rocket." with that being said do you think they are giong to also state the fact that the 911 turbo was out performed even with the GT-R speed limiter activated. thats just more poo shoved in porsche's face
They would CERTAINLY have mentioned that.

so far its only been stated that the US spec GT-Rs wont have a speed limiter
and, several cars have been delimited.

as i said why do you think in the first couple car mag tests the GT-R was posting 11.6@ 120-121mph(motor trend, edmunds, car adn drive etc) and now you are seeing slower trap speeds once again i reference the 1/4 mile vid of the GT-R in Aust. SPEED LIMITER oh wait i forgot. its rigged and they are baised towards the GT-R instead of the beloved 911 turbo which they have all been baised torwards for years and for good reason
YOU DIDNT ANSWER THE QUESTION,

HOW DID THEY DYNO THE VERY SAME CAR IN 4th GEAR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

its all there heavy. either you are going to break down everything or some things. and pull what you are looking for from it
Answer the question. Does fourth gear stop short of 111 mph? I highly doubt it. So for them to have gotten that power on the dyno IN 4th gear, there had to be no limiter. OR it would have kicked in on the dyno.

Not to mention 111 is the limiter, NOT 109.

SEE, the difference with me and you is that I provide useful information with every arguement, you and your fanboy club like to sling insults when I question certain things with more sound logic and facts, but I am also answering your queries with such. Too much to ask for some of the ********.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
Tony...when I call you dude...it's a term of endearment....
Thanks, I think. LOL.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:47 PM

Can I add this to my sig?

sure but edit out the grammatical error for me.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Answer the question. Does fourth gear stop short of 111 mph? I highly doubt it. So for them to have gotten that power on the dyno IN 4th gear, there had to be no limiter. OR it would have kicked in on the dyno.

Not to mention 111 is the limiter, NOT 109.

SEE, the difference with me and you is that I provide useful information with every arguement, you and your fanboy club like to sling insults when I question certain things with more sound logic and facts, but I am also answering your queries with such. Too much to ask for some of the ********.
I emailed the company that owns the GT-R in England for some answers. If they respond, I'll post them.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
I emailed the company that owns the GT-R in England for some answers. If they respond, I'll post them.
According to GTC, the car was stock, they only ran it with the 102 octane, and the speed limiter was on.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:48 AM
Chuck_H is infamous around these parts
Old 03-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Nobby is infamous around these parts
Around the Bedford West circuit the Gt-R is nearly two seconds faster than the 997 Turbo and that's with a car with only 400 miles on the clock.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R8 vs M3 vs 911 Turbo vs "Other" car