997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

R8 vs M3 vs 911 Turbo vs "Other" car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:52 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Driven by whom?

Old 03-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
gtr is a pos but faster than the turbo, would never spend 70gs on a matchbox toy but you gota give it credit

Old 03-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Banned
240ka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
According to GTC, the car was stock, they only ran it with the 102 octane, and the speed limiter was on.

thank you, the graph shows the rev limiter was activated. you can see the fuel supply looks to be gettting cut to keep the GT-R from hitting the limiter hard. i wasnt even going tokeep going back and forth with him about it. b/c he chooses not to do full research he keeps it limited and likes to cherry pick.

but heavy wants to come with one conspiracy theory after another.

the 911 turbo wouldnt have been able to close any gaps on the Str8s if the GT-R's rev limiter was disabled.

so now they are gong to go back to saying "oh well the gt-r is ugly, i wouldnt spend 70k on it. its a rice rocket" whatever

they cant help but to be sore losers. the ones that are sore losers

the GT-R is a phenomenal car that best both the 911 turbo and GT3. People can rag on the badge all they want it doesnt change the outcome. if anyone havent notice the test are moving beyond the 911 turbo. and now the GT3 is being tested against the GT-R where it also comes up short

there are plenty of porsche owners that respect and welcome the GT-R. and i cant wait to see porsche answer back. just going to continue to go back and forth. and as i said. Us as comsuners are the ones who are winning

Last edited by 240ka; 03-03-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Nobby is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Driven by whom?
Oh god heavychevy , your love for the 997 Turbo is starting to look embarrassing.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:37 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Dude, you come in here and say the GT-R beat the TT at X track by 2 seconds and no further info?

And I should be embarrassed? So I guess we should just take your word for it huh?

Old 03-03-2008, 10:40 AM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 240ka
there are plenty of porsche owners that respect and welcome the GT-R.
I'm certainly one.. I've been waiting for this car to come to the US for more than a decade. I don't think I'll buy one....but I certainly welcome it to our shores and race tracks.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by DAVE W
I'm certainly one.. I've been waiting for this car to come to the US for more than a decade. I don't think I'll buy one....but I certainly welcome it to our shores and race tracks.
sweet man i love and have much respect for the 911 turbo. and hoped for years nissan would give us a skyline that would truly rival the 911 turbo in every way. i felt they were capable of it and they've done it.

i think porsche should use the cayman platform b/c it will outperform the 911's but we know they arent going to want to risk the cult following they have for the 911.

that cayman platform would make a nasty performer

Old 03-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by 240ka
thank you, the graph shows the rev limiter was activated. you can see the fuel supply looks to be gettting cut to keep the GT-R from hitting the limiter hard. i wasnt even going tokeep going back and forth with him about it. b/c he chooses not to do full research he keeps it limited and likes to cherry pick.So because some guy posts on the internet what he says GTC said, it's official. Try selling that to Bill Gates.

but heavy wants to come with one conspiracy theory after another.

the 911 turbo wouldnt have been able to close any gaps on the Str8s if the GT-R's rev limiter was disabled.
Are you sure about that?

so now they are gong to go back to saying "oh well the gt-r is ugly, i wouldnt spend 70k on it. its a rice rocket" whatever
that's a matter of opinon, just like the souped up beetle comment for the 911, live with it, some people WILL NOT like the GT-R. PERIOD.

they cant help but to be sore losers. the ones that are sore losers

the GT-R is a phenomenal car that best both the 911 turbo and GT3. People can rag on the badge all they want it doesnt change the outcome. if anyone havent notice the test are moving beyond the 911 turbo. and now the GT3 is being tested against the GT-R where it also comes up short
IN THE MAGAZINES, in stupid made up tests that have no real world relevance. If you want to hang your hat on that, then go ahead, but dont say I didnt warn you.

there are plenty of porsche owners that respect and welcome the GT-R. and i cant wait to see porsche answer back. just going to continue to go back and forth. and as i said. Us as comsuners are the ones who are winning
True enough, but that doesnt change the fact that magazine accuracy is far from real world results.
Glad you are so gullible, I am not.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Banned

haha gullible Heavy? the facts are there. you cant find ONE just ONE piece of evidence or facts why and how GT3 or 911 turbo can beat the GT-R. they cant even beat it when the GT-R has a rev limiter on it.

i fyou want to get into name calling. ill keep it cordial. but the fact is that your post are coming down to ignorance. everything is a conspiracy in your eyes, everything has been rigged, everyone has favored the GT-R.

everyone can step outside and see that the sky is blue but you will always find a way to say "its not blue, its purple" but yet cant prove why when everything points to the fact that its blue

you continue to argue the 911 turbo is better but have no way to prove it. even some of the porsche boys are calling you out on it b/c its ridiculous

andthese test have no real releveance now? if the 911 turbo came out on top it would be the bible and used by many to flame the GT-R as being nothing but a hyped up pipe dream. but with the 911 turbo not winning. its turned into ""thes test have no real relevance"

hahaha you are a thick one ha

Last edited by 240ka; 03-03-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Nobby is infamous around these parts
Dude, you come in here and say the GT-R beat the TT at X track by 2 seconds and no further info?

And I should be embarrassed? So I guess we should just take your word for it huh?
Oh dear, read the article ,which one is upto you as every magazine to date has the GT-R ahead of the Turbo.

God help you if you ever see a Gt-R on the road .

Personally i would still take a Turbo over the GT-R but i'm still mighty impressed what Nissan has done here.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:07 AM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Tell us how you really feel.
Yeah, next time I will be more to the point.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Nobby
Oh dear, read the article ,which one is upto you as every magazine to date has the GT-R ahead of the Turbo.

God help you if you ever see a Gt-R on the road .

Personally i would still take a Turbo over the GT-R but i'm still mighty impressed what Nissan has done here.
I cant wait to see a GT-R on the track, I'm not much of a street race guy, but the GT-R doesnt have a chance on either with me driving.

Your magazines are showing you what will happen if you drive a 911 like crap and the GT-R well. Which can and may be the case at some DE's. But a well driven GT3 will mop the floor with the GT-R and the TT will beat or tie it (course dependent).

We have some real times by real GT3 drivers here in the states, so we'll see what's what for real. The UK at this point seems to be an extension of Japan/Best Motoring with their media and terrible driving.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
Wait, so now you're doubting that I emailed GTC? Go get a life!
If you don't believe me go call them yourself. I'm telling you that was their reply, but you're so freaking blinded that the GT-R is as fast if not faster than the TT , you will not believe anything. When you're ready to open your eyes and see reality, let me know. Until then SHUT UP!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Banned
If you don't believe me go call them yourself. I'm telling you that was their reply, but you're so freaking blinded that the GT-R is as fast if not faster than the TT , you will not believe anything. When you're ready to open your eyes and see reality, let me know. Until then SHUT UP!!!
he directed that at me

Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 AM

This is the internet man, they are in a different country, you usually dont get emails back so quickly in these cases. You said you emailed them, you said they responded, your a rare poster who I dont know. Not exactly willing to take your word for it.

I have no problem saying the GT-R is as fast as the TT, have said it many times. But the media protrayal is off, by quite a bit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R8 vs M3 vs 911 Turbo vs "Other" car