997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

R8 vs M3 vs 911 Turbo vs "Other" car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 11:57 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nobby
Oh dear, read the article ,which one is upto you as every magazine to date has the GT-R ahead of the Turbo.

God help you if you ever see a Gt-R on the road .

Personally i would still take a Turbo over the GT-R but i'm still mighty impressed what Nissan has done here.
Forget the road...I'm thinking track. I don't know about the others here, but I for one can't wait to face one on a track. Win or lose (I'd call myself average driver...maybe slightly above average...not by much) it'll be fun...

Last edited by bbywu; 03-03-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
This is the internet man, they are in a different country, you usually dont get emails back so quickly in these cases. You said you emailed them, you said they responded, your a rare poster who I dont know. Not exactly willing to take your word for it.

I have no problem saying the GT-R is as fast as the TT, have said it many times. But the media protrayal is off, by quite a bit.
If you like I'll forward you the email. I'm a rare poster, but have been a member from almost the beginning. Let me know if you want the email. I'll be a little more civil in my posts from now on, I apologize about the shut up comment.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:00 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Forget the road...I'm thinking track. I don't know about the others, but I for one can't wait to face one on a track.

Make sure to get it on video.

I want to face a modded one so there arent any excuses. Trust me, it will be domination of massive proportions.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:08 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
If you like I'll forward you the email. I'm a rare poster, but have been a member from almost the beginning. Let me know if you want the email. I'll be a little more civil in my posts from now on, I apologize about the shut up comment.
I can do the same, my apologies as well. We'll just have to agree or disagree on the subject.

Whitee@bellsouth.net

Old 03-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Banned
240ka is infamous around these parts
Make sure to get it on video.

I want to face a modded one so there arent any excuses. Trust me, it will be domination of massive proportions.

haha wow. no need for a modded one. one thats barely broken in and rev limited is good enough

its funny how you basically act like you are a better driver than those in these videos.

just the world of heavychevy, even though you are the onlyone in it

Last edited by 240ka; 03-03-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by 240ka
haha wow. no need for a modded one. one thats barely broken in and rev limited is good enough

its funny how you basically act like you are a better driver than those in these videos.

just the world of heavychevy, even though you are the onlyone in it

HAHAHAH, you wish. My car will severly put to shame a GT-R.

I watch driving and drive a lot, on the track. I know good driving when I see it, and when I dont.

With a little time to learn the track I'd beat Car magazine and Evo's times easily. I'd bet I could find at least 20 people at every PCA (Porsche Club of America) that could do the same.

You ARE talking about magazine editors and writers, NOT enthusiasts and racers. And even they dont seem to really be trying to properly drive the 911's. They have simply been exposed.

Since you are quite the mag racer, go to fastlaps.com and see that someone beat both times by EVO magazine in a stock 996 Turbo.

So they cant be that great now can they? Or maybe the 996 Turbo is a darkhorse.

MUHAHAHAHAHAH.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:25 PM
I see you are in Florida, whenever you want to put your theory to test and a stock rev limited GT-R up for me to lap, just let me know. I'll come to you.

But I'll allow some mods anyways, as beating up on a stock GT-R wouldnt be fun. If you have friends with one, invite them too.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned
I see you are in Florida, whenever you want to put your theory to test and a stock rev limited GT-R up for me to lap, just let me know. I'll come to you.

But I'll allow some mods anyways, as beating up on a stock GT-R wouldnt be fun. If you have friends with one, invite them too.

it wouldnt really matter b/c you would just come up with some type of ridiculous excuse or conspiracy for the reason why you lost. thats all you're capable of doing

Old 03-03-2008, 01:00 PM
So are you backing out or what?

If I dont show, or lose, all of the fanboys who hate my postings will thank you because there will be nothing left for me to say.

Oh, I see, you are just that, a fanboy and arent actually getting a GT-R, just yapping your mouth about it.

I figured as much would happen in real life, ALL TALK.

Sebring/Homestead/Moroso, take your pick. If I can get someone to let me drive their 997 TT I'll beat you with that too.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:10 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 240ka
it wouldnt really matter b/c you would just come up with some type of ridiculous excuse or conspiracy for the reason why you lost. thats all you're capable of doing
I think you were called out. If you're so sure you'll beat him, How about the loser picks up the tab for the track time. Remember it's all for fun if you lighten up you could make a lot of friends at the track.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Nobby is infamous around these parts
Does he know a Z06 is faster than the turbo too ?

Old 03-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by airflite1
I think you were called out. If you're so sure you'll beat him, How about the loser picks up the tab for the track time. Remember it's all for fun if you lighten up you could make a lot of friends at the track.
this is besides the point and we are getting away from the poitn of this discussion.

these test are to prove which car is better. with the same driver every test has shown the GT-R will post better times than the 911 turbo or Gt3 consistently.

thats a fact that cant be run from or avoided the fact that people are continuously having to try and grasp at straws to attempting to find angles to argue a poitn that not arguable only shows how fruitless the arguements are.

theres not ONE test with a 911 turbo or GT3 beating the GT-R. if there is one that comes which i highly doubt. yall will try and use that to be more valid than all the other test already been done with the GT-R beating the 911 turbo and GT3.

Last edited by 240ka; 03-03-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:46 PM
tortesq1 has a spectacular aura abouttortesq1 has a spectacular aura about
Who cares which vehicle is faster ? We are talking about split seconds here. The real issue here are the pricepoints of the vehicles. A TT buyer is unlikely to be a GTR/ZO6/Viper buyer. They are different pricepoints. For all of those who are hammering the TT - would you really take a GTR over a TT ? Under the same rationale, the F430/Gallardo buyer is at a different pricepoint than the TT purchaser. I think you must retain some level of perspective here. For example, I love my TT, but I'd rather have an F430. We all have our priorities in life. Anyway, they are all fine sports cars and I'd be proud to own any of them. That being said, the GTR is too fugly for my taste.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by tortesq1
Who cares which vehicle is faster ? We are talking about split seconds here. The real issue here are the pricepoints of the vehicles. A TT buyer is unlikely to be a GTR/ZO6/Viper buyer. They are different pricepoints. For all of those who are hammering the TT - would you really take a GTR over a TT ? Under the same rationale, the F430/Gallardo buyer is at a different pricepoint than the TT purchaser. I think you must retain some level of perspective here. For example, I love my TT, but I'd rather have an F430. We all have our priorities in life. Anyway, they are all fine sports cars and I'd be proud to own any of them. That being said, the GTR is too fugly for my taste.
b/c of the things yall are now saying who cares about this and that. are the same things yall were saying what made the TT so great before it was getting beaten up on by the GT-R.

the things the TT is good at was a big deal but now the GT-R is better at those same things. now the mentality is "whats the big deal" and "who cares"

yall are basically lowering the TT's bar and saying that anything over that is pointless. like one guy mentioned. that the TT is already at limits beyond us being able to push as average consumers. so anything exceeding that is pointless.

which was one of the lamest excuses i have ever heard. b/c people are looking for car to get faster and faster. espeically race car drivers. b/c the GT-R is better than the 911 turbo and GT3 at their own game. many of you just cant deal with the fact yalls dream cars arent at the top anymore

so thats why there so much, dislike, hate, and distaste for the GT-R.

its like that when the champion(911 Turbo) gets knocked out cold by the challenger(GT-R)

Last edited by 240ka; 03-03-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:06 PM
HOLY CHANGE OF SUBJECT BATMAN!!!!!!!!

You just said a speed limited GT-R would beat my 550 hp 996 TT on a road course and the street. Now it's change of subject?

LOL, just like I figured.

But oh well, I expected that anyways.

Well then I guess since the GT-R can do everything better than the Turbo I suppose you can skip the Turbos and get service at a Porsche dealer instead of having to get $1000 inspections every few thousand miles. And finding a Nissan dealer that paid 35k just to be able to service a Nissan, and the costs of all the stuff (like the limited production tires). Add that to the markup and before you know it, you've spent as much as a TT, but with the value of an Infinity. Congrats.

You also seem to ignore the fact that the GT-R still hasnt beaten the best 1/4 mile times by a 997 TT which is 11.4 and trap speed of 122. You are only hearing what you want to hear, the same thing you accuse me of doing. But chances are you'll get yourself owned by a TT on the highway and the drag strip unless you have time to stop brake boost and launch between the first light and the last, better get to the line in a hurry!

You obviously have not done all your research, because some of it isnt in the magazines.

Last edited by heavychevy; 03-03-2008 at 02:08 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R8 vs M3 vs 911 Turbo vs "Other" car