997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Hi David,

I see...so you would need to upgrade you stock internals at this level anyways sooner or later right ???
i don't think i can run 800+ rwhp on a regular basis on stock internals. so i am only running 700 rwhp. on occasion, when i want to spank some competition, it will run the c16 and turn it up. i should be okay to run 800+ rwhp for a couple of runs here and there, but definitely not on a regular basis. my plans for this car was to drive it everyday on 93 pump gas and call it a day!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:43 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
YES..that what I want as well...sounds perfect to ME...700whp for everyday on pump and for special occasions race feul and 800whps...if competition is strong...

You have Pms..

Originally Posted by dk996tt
i don't think i can run 800+ rwhp on a regular basis on stock internals. so i am only running 700 rwhp. on occasion, when i want to spank some competition, it will run the c16 and turn it up. i should be okay to run 800+ rwhp for a couple of runs here and there, but definitely not on a regular basis. my plans for this car was to drive it everyday on 93 pump gas and call it a day!

Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
David,

Have you guys done 93 octane dyno runs yet? If so, what did she make?

Old 04-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
David,

Have you guys done 93 octane dyno runs yet? If so, what did she make?
scott,
yes we did. it made over 700 rwhp on 93 octane pump gas at 1.2 bar. but we never finished the final tune. we wanted the added protection at that point of using race gas and then we made the 800+ rwhp at 1.5 bar. we will fine tune alittle later on after we finish the race gas tune.
david

Old 04-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
1.2 BAR on 93 octane on stock internals? Wow..now your starting to make me nervous.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:04 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Yes ...I also heard from German tuners here that 1.1 bar on stock internal is max...

Keith with Promotive set up...runned 613 whp on 93 pump at 1.0 bar...and that I think is his max reccomend boost on 93 pump...

I wonder how much your car would make on 93 pump at 1.0 boost ???

Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Mine makes 665 rwhp at .8 to .9 BAR on 93...but I've never tried running my boost higher than that at that octane level. And I have built motor.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor
1.2 BAR on 93 octane on stock internals? Wow..now your starting to make me nervous.
No need to be nervous... obviously Tym doesn't like to push things or he wouldn't have opted to start aggressively tuning on racegas. When I asked him to see what we could make on pumpgas, he refused to get aggressive with the car at this point unless we were running race fuel for protection. He's obviously being very cautious as this entire combination is still in development. He has a very good track record of keeping engines together and I believe that is because he takes the time to analyze all of his data before leaning on his combinations.

During the pumpgas dyno runs initially, the power came up more quickly than we expected. He didn't stop pulling the car up there on pumpgas for any other reason than that he wanted to stop. I specified to Tym that I wanted the car to have the potential to make big numbers, but my main objective for him was to put together a combination that was pumpgas friendly while still making a fair amount of power over the status quo.

Obviously Tym has a good grasp for what he does... he just detuned my Evo VIII for the street to 627awhp 2 weeks ago on a single standard 35R using 93 octane Marathon pumpgas. Very impressive to me considering it's a 2.0L four cylinder.

I believe that Tym's monster intercoolers as well as some of his other strategies are keeping the car comfortable at 1.2 bar on pump fuel. I really don't understand why everyone would say that 1.2 on a purpose built combination is so stressful when the stock turbos hit that amount of boost in sport mode with smaller turbos that generate much more heat.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Mine makes 665 rwhp at .8 to .9 BAR on 93...but I've never tried running my boost higher than that at that octane level. And I have built motor.
Hmm..what is your compression level and your AFRs ???...997 has lower compression then 996...

Old 04-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Nefarious7907 is infamous around these parts
Nice build.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:48 AM
No need to be nervous... obviously Tym doesn't like to push things or he wouldn't have opted to start aggressively tuning on racegas. When I asked him to see what we could make on pumpgas, he refused to get aggressive with the car at this point unless we were running race fuel for protection. He's obviously being very cautious as this entire combination is still in development. He has a very good track record of keeping engines together and I believe that is because he takes the time to analyze all of his data before leaning on his combinations.

During the pumpgas dyno runs initially, the power came up more quickly than we expected. He didn't stop pulling the car up there on pumpgas for any other reason than that he wanted to stop. I specified to Tym that I wanted the car to have the potential to make big numbers, but my main objective for him was to put together a combination that was pumpgas friendly while still making a fair amount of power over the status quo.

Obviously Tym has a good grasp for what he does... he just detuned my Evo VIII for the street to 627awhp 2 weeks ago on a single standard 35R using 93 octane Marathon pumpgas. Very impressive to me considering it's a 2.0L four cylinder.

I believe that Tym's monster intercoolers as well as some of his other strategies are keeping the car comfortable at 1.2 bar on pump fuel. I really don't understand why everyone would say that 1.2 on a purpose built combination is so stressful when the stock turbos hit that amount of boost in sport mode with smaller turbos that generate much more heat.
Your are right...stock turbos at overboost make around 20.9 PSI...for 10sec...but GT2 turbos make this boost all the time and have diff intercoolers...20.9 PSI diveded by 14.5 is more then 1.2...

I cant wait to see your 1/4 times...if you going to run this beast on track...

Old 04-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor
Your are right...stock turbos at overboost make around 20.9 PSI...for 10sec...but GT2 turbos make this boost all the time and have diff intercoolers...20.9 PSI diveded by 14.5 is more then 1.2...

I cant wait to see your 1/4 times...if you going to run this beast on track...
i am not a drag racer, but i will take it up to the track just to get an ET and trap speed. i am hoping for 10.5 or better at 140+ mph. i guess the 10.5 will all depend on my hole shot.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:05 PM
i am not a drag racer, but i will take it up to the track just to get an ET and trap speed. i am hoping for 10.5 or better at 140+ mph. i guess the 10.5 will all depend on my hole shot.
I hope your clutch can withstand all the dragracing and you would be able to do low 10s...I like to dragrace, so we need to test it anyways

Old 04-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor
I hope your clutch can withstand all the dragracing and you would be able to do low 10s...I like to dragrace, so we need to test it anyways
well, i definitely have the right clutch for it. i will keep you posted!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:23 PM
OK...just dont forget to reply my PMs and speak to Tym

I found 2 cars in Ohio...trying to work out good deal...

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...