997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:10 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Do you have any financial interest in SPI / Switzer?

Regards,

Craig
Hmmm....seems like an odd question? I don't believe he does, but he probably should given the projects he's trusting with Tym!

But I do!

Last edited by OhioGT2; 08-07-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:01 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Impressive numbers...they make wanna do the same...Hmmm can we still have AWD with this power level ???

Old 08-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
VERY impressive numbers . . . Congratulations David.

Do you have any financial interest in SPI / Switzer?

Regards,

Craig
Craig, i dont have any financial interest in SPI. However, I am strongly considering it! As Warren Buffet said, we should invest in good undervalued comanies. I own several different companies, mostly in the beauty category, but always wanted to get involved in the automobile industry. This may be a perfect opportunity. Tym and I have developed a true friendship over the years, just from all the projects he has done for me. But maybe it is time to start getting a piece of the action rather than just being a guinea pig.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Impressive numbers...they make wanna do the same...Hmmm can we still have AWD with this power level ???
my car will run AWD on the road, as long as the front differential holds up. we are dynoing in rwd for dyno purposes only.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Looks like the mighty stock 2JZ may finally have a competitor . I doubt even many built motors have gone through this many high hp dyno pulls....so I can't wait to hear how it holds up through the beating I'm sure David will give it!

Incredible work Tym! I love the combination of perfect fab work, attention to detail, and stock like standalone tuning.

So David, when am I going to be able to run this monster???!!!
tym will wrap up the dyno tuning this week. he still has some real world drivability tuning to do next week. maybe late next week we can run your Z06! it should be a good run!

Old 08-07-2008, 08:15 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
please do a video of these pulls.... should be outlandish. turning the shop lights off and watching the headers glow white A+

Old 08-07-2008, 08:48 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Craig,

Typical Assinine Barrister Question...As usual it is degrading, assuming and
obnoxious in its very character

David congrats; holy mother of god, that is insane, WOW, WOW.

When you get a chance, I (we) would love to see a soft launch 1/4 mile run with traps
in the high 140's to back up dyno. A 60-130 pull in the 5.0 second range or below would
also confirm it. Not doubting, just want proof so I can secure my home equity loan for said mods...

Marty

Old 08-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Congratualtions to David and Tym

Old 08-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Craig,

David congrats; holy mother of god, that is insane, WOW, WOW.

When you get a chance, I (we) would love to see a soft launch 1/4 mile run with traps
in the high 140's to back up dyno. A 60-130 pull in the 5.0 second range or below would
also confirm it. Not doubting, just want proof so I can secure my home equity loan for said mods...

Marty
thanks marty. tym will probably be doing some real world drivability tuning in the next couple of days. i already asked him to do a soft launch and get a 1/4 mile trap speed as well as a new 60 - 130 time. dyno sheets really don't mean that much to me. i want real world numbers!

Old 08-07-2008, 12:00 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !

Marty
Marty, you and I are thinking alot alike....but I was going to stop my kids college fund for a couple years....it'd be a better life lesson for them to work their way through college anyway, right?

I'll run David when he's ready in my Z....I think it should be a pretty good race. We spun my 345 DR's on Tym's dyno past 800whp last weekend, so traction is going to be the real factor in the roll-on....

Old 08-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Looks like the mighty stock 2JZ may finally have a competitor . I doubt even many built motors have gone through this many high hp dyno pulls....so I can't wait to hear how it holds up through the beating I'm sure David will give it!

Incredible work Tym! I love the combination of perfect fab work, attention to detail, and stock like standalone tuning.

So David, when am I going to be able to run this monster???!!!
How long before we see readily available 3.8L kits and built heads on the shelf ? Or how about a lightweight race-car similar to say oh a certain copper or blue Supra? Guess it won't be long now...

Can't wait for the standalone to be fully released, then things should really get interesting, great work so far.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by onelove
How long before we see readily available 3.8L kits and built heads on the shelf ? Or how about a lightweight race-car similar to say oh a certain copper or blue Supra? Guess it won't be long now...

Can't wait for the standalone to be fully released, then things should really get interesting, great work so far.
Yea, I think it's going to be a cost issue though....the bolt on stuff is already pretty damn expensive from everyone....roughly the same money into a built 3.4L 2JZ with all the condiments.

David and Tym have already gutted his previous 996, with big plans for the motor package, so that is going to be a *****in fast car. I'm hoping they turn it into a drag car vs a road course car.....

Old 08-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Craig,

Marty,

You are the *** here!!! I heard from TWO separate people, who do not know each other, that David has a financial interest in SPI. I started a separate thread asking whether members of 6Speed thought such a financial interest should be disclosed. Everyone universally agreed that such matters should be disclosed. Having heard from two different people that David has an interest in SPI, and the 6Speed community having voiced its unanimous opinion that such matters should be disclosed, I merely asked David if he had such an interest. I did NOT accuse him of having an interest, nor did I criticize him for concealing anything. I didn't even mention that two people had told me he had an interest (you forced me to disclose that information to respond to your attack). Rather, I merely asked him a question because two different people, who don't know each other, told me there was a basis for the question.

Based on the foregoing, please tell me why simply asking the question was, in your words, "assinine." I wholeheartedly disagree with your characterization, and I assume you will now apologize to me for inappropriately attacking me without the facts. Perhaps next time you will do what I did -- rather than make an accusation, ask a question and gather information. Your apology is accepted!

I have never met David and I have no beef with him or SPI. David says he has no financial interest in SPI. I am willing to accept his statement over the two people who have told me otherwise. Thats fine.

Once again, many congrats to David and SPI for producing an amazing car!!! I look forward to the performance stats, which I'm confident will be even more impressive than the dyno numbers. Kudos gentlemen!

Regards,

Craig

Old 08-07-2008, 02:17 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Marty,

You are the *** here!!! I heard from TWO separate people, who do not know each other, that David has a financial interest in SPI. I started a separate thread asking whether members of 6Speed thought such a financial interest should be disclosed. Everyone universally agreed that such matters should be disclosed. Having heard from two different people that David has an interest in SPI, and the 6Speed community having voiced its unanimous opinion that such matters should be disclosed, I merely asked David if he had such an interest. I did NOT accuse him of having an interest, nor did I criticize him for concealing anything. I didn't even mention that two people had told me he had an interest (you forced me to disclose that information to respond to your attack). Rather, I merely asked him a question because two different people, who don't know each other, told me there was a basis for the question.

Based on the foregoing, please tell me why simply asking the question was, in your words, "assinine." I wholeheartedly disagree with your characterization, and I assume you will now apologize to me for inappropriately attacking me without the facts. Perhaps next time you will do what I did -- rather than make an accusation, ask a question and gather information. Your apology is accepted!

I have never met David and I have no beef with him or SPI. David says he has no financial interest in SPI. I am willing to accept his statement over the two people who have told me otherwise. Thats fine.

Once again, many congrats to David and SPI for producing an amazing car!!! I look forward to the performance stats, which I'm confident will be even more impressive than the dyno numbers. Kudos gentlemen!

Regards,

Craig
Its funny when members on a car board (granted possible customers) decide that financial information about business interests should be disclosed that it warrants direct open forum questioning? This at the very least should be a PM type question...I guess times are changing and tact has less value in this quick data age. JMO

Old 08-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Marty,

Regards,

Craig
Craig,

I think some of the confusion from your sources stems from my understanding that David helped Tym finance a prior JunBL exhaust JV awhile back....prior to SPI. Based on that interaction, and David's disappointment with a prior EVOMS build, David decided to give Tym a couple projects to work on once he learned that Tym was entering the Porsche market.

Regardless of all that, I personally find it curious that people would even bring that up. Is it jealously? Is it politics? Does it discount performance numbers? Does it mean Tym tunes David's car differently than he would mine or yours? Oh well, you can't make everyone happy. Your post is a fair one though.....

Last edited by OhioGT2; 08-07-2008 at 02:21 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...