997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:46 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Wooo cowboy, pull back the reins. I never said most of the things you are attributing to me. I never said David's car was a shop car, nor that David was getting his work done for free at SPI. David says he has no current business relationship with SPI and is an arms length customer (likewise, you have posted that their prior business relationship is over). I have NO evidence to the contrary, and I will take David's (and your) word over that of my three hearsay sources. Therefore, we are not dealing with a shop car here. I applaud David's willingness to take what I consider an extraordinary risk with his car. On the other hand, Switzer and company know far more than I about such matters, so apparently the risk is not as great as I thought. Kudos to all involved for pushing the envelop -- David for the financing and backbone, and Switzer for the technical competence -- job well done!.

Regards,

Craig
Drink a beer and read your series of posts an hour later...and I think you'll have a different perspective on how you came across.

It's too bad this thread got derailed. I still enjoy your posts though.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Craig, as much as I enjoy reading msot of your posts, you and I both know you are not on here to "advance the cause". You enjoy stirring the pot.
While I admittedly enjoy a spirited debate, my goal is not merely to "stir the pot," but rather, to obtain information and clear up ambiguity. Sometimes I suspect something sideways. Other times, I am genuinely curious or confused. Either way, I seek the truth, and sometimes one must ask tough questions in order to get to the truth!

I could have lied like a number of others on here do on a pretty routine basis but instead I told you the truth.
I applaud you for telling the truth!!!! Your credibility has gone way up in my book.

That truth has zero impact on anything Tym has done on any car he has worked on. . . . So no need to try to discredit what SPI has done because David asked Tym to help him with an exhaust contract 3 years ago....
I am not trying to discredit anyone!!! As I have repeatedly stated, David's prior business partnership with Switzer does not diminish their accomplishments on David's 997TT one iota! That being said, someone may nevertheless consider the prior partnership relevant when evaluating David's praise of Switzer -- one might deem the prior relationship a possible source of bias. Others may disagree. The point is that consumers should have "ALL the facts," so they can decide what is important/relevant and what is not! We should not filter the information. Rather, we should let the 6Speed community make their own, independant determinations, based on their personal opinions as to what matters and what doesn't matter. By telling the truth, you have provided another data point for the 6Speed community to consider. Thank you for that.

Regards,

Craig

Old 08-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I still enjoy your posts though.
Right back at ya!!!

Craig

Old 08-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Then you need to earn more money!
Im done LOL I have 15K in my 3 clutches alone... and still clutchless LOL

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-07-2008, 08:50 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
What were we talking about?

Old 08-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
You aren't clutchless as of yesterday.....and you could have skipped 1 of those 3 with a bit of patience.

I respect David for spending the money and giving Switzer a reason to push the envelope. I have always supported my local shop and used my own money to build my own cars, yet they where always regarded to as "shop cars". The point if when you do things right the first time (as Jamie Carter knows better than anyone) you get better results right off the bat, with less risk. The 996/997 game is quickly changing, and by this time next year I believe you will see results that you never would have expected in this market.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
You aren't clutchless as of yesterday.....and you could have skipped 1 of those 3 with a bit of patience.
LOl Im waiting for Todd to let us know... keeping my fingers crossed.
how is yours doing?

click to view

Old 08-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
LOl Im waiting for Todd to let us know... keeping my fingers crossed.
how is yours doing?
Working like a charm.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
drivability tuning starts today. if all goes well, i should have some 1/4 mile trap speeds and new 60 - 130 times.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:21 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
pls take some videos

Old 08-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
Nice toy and house!!!!

Old 08-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
do you drag race alot, or occasionally? i would think the clutches would hold up as long as you didn't launch frequently.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by dk996tt
do you drag race alot, or occasionally? i would think the clutches would hold up as long as you didn't launch frequently.
Well yes...
but they even slip during 60to 130s as well....
The Tilton triple carbon is going in as we speak so we will see how that goes...
mark

click to view

Old 08-10-2008, 01:21 PM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by dk996tt
drivability tuning starts today. if all goes well, i should have some 1/4 mile trap speeds and new 60 - 130 times.
If u go to track dont forget to take my car with u...

Old 08-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Former Vendor
Well yes...
but they even slip during 60to 130s as well....
The Tilton triple carbon is going in as we speak so we will see how that goes...
mark
the tilton triple carbon is in mine now. it has really been abused during this project build, including over 80 dyno pulls and it still feels good. what did you use before?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...