997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dk996tt
the tilton triple carbon is in mine now. it has really been abused during this project build, including over 80 dyno pulls and it still feels good. what did you use before?
I had a clutchmaster twin disk but it blew up instantly.... then b4 it was the ATS triple carbon.

Which flywheel do you have? the first one( lighter) like in Onelove's(Wes) first set up or the heavier one( recent).

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I had a clutchmaster twin disk but it blew up instantly.... then b4 it was the ATS triple carbon.

Which flywheel do you have? the first one( lighter) like in Onelove's(Wes) first set up or the heavier one( recent).
i actually just ordered the pressure plate and disks from tilton. tym actually custom built the flywheel.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dk996tt
i actually just ordered the pressure plate and disks from tilton. tym actually custom built the flywheel.
Smart man.... I almost did the same thing... I wonder which piston he used....
the one that replaced the slave cylinder...

click to view

Old 08-10-2008, 05:41 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Smart man.... I almost did the same thing... I wonder which piston he used....
the one that replaced the slave cylinder...
Tym has been building the custom flywheels for a couple years now....revs like a motorcycle with very little chatter....

Old 08-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Tym has been building the custom flywheels for a couple years now....revs like a motorcycle with very little chatter....
why didn't anyone tell me

click to view

Old 08-11-2008, 10:53 AM
hunter399 is infamous around these parts
woowww

Old 08-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
nobody asked. it is a very nice setup to say the least..

Old 08-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Most have known about this setup for some time (Tym sent us pictures of the setup in the past when he first completed it). With the Tilton setups all that is really necessary is the lines and flywheel as the release bearings and clutch packs are standard depending on which you choose to use. Tyms kit uses an aluminum flywheel rather than the chromoly comonly found in the Tilton OEM Porsche kit.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:49 AM
D Loke is infamous around these parts
Absolutely amazing set up.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by onelove
Most have known about this setup for some time (Tym sent us pictures of the setup in the past when he first completed it). With the Tilton setups all that is really necessary is the lines and flywheel as the release bearings and clutch packs are standard depending on which you choose to use. Tyms kit uses an aluminum flywheel rather than the chromoly comonly found in the Tilton OEM Porsche kit.
we should have some news soon...

I know the only only thing different is the flywheel and the piston.... I didnt know some else actually did it....

click to view

Old 08-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
SPI 997 Sledgehammer Dyno Pull vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jLsbjgbJkI

Old 08-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Former Vendor
Tym Switzer is infamous around these parts
Update...

Hello all... it's been awhile since I've had a chance to post. As many of you know, we've been very busy with a lot of R&D and testing.

If you've been following along, David's car has been an ongoing project for us. I really want to take a second and publicly thank him for giving me the latitude to develop the parts necessary to meet his goals for the project. He's been very patient with the process and I can't thank him enough for that. While I'm at it... David has been a great customer for me over the last few years... one in a million. Just to make it clear after reading through some of the previous posts today... David is not a partner nor does he have a financial stake in what we're doing. We're turning every dollar we make back into the R&D and manufacturing of our components. We work hard and pour ourselves into what we do. It's that simple.

Moving onto the car... we had so many people asking us about the car when they would come in... how much power does it make?... how fast is it?..etc... we jokingly just started calling it the "Sledgehammer". We figured that made a point about what the car is about.

Again... if you've followed along, you know that we started out with twin 30's on the car... actually, we have tested half a dozen turbos on the car... ending with 35R's. For the parameters of this particular build... stock engine w/stock cams and nothing other than bolt ons... the 35's were just too flat for my liking and the 30's just weren't cutting it out of the box. So after putting together all of that data, I decided to put together a custom turbo that I felt would give us the best of both worlds and optimize a 7500 rev limit for this package. In doing so, we've got the response we were looking for along with the top end performance to meet David's goals for the car. I went ahead and wound the car up a bit on racegas with the new turbos... they hit a lot harder than the 35's and deliver up top within the constraints we've put on the build. 1.65 bar peak boost on the logs... made 850rwhp/727rwtq on our dynojet. I'm keeping the tune on the conservative side due to the stock internals and the fact that it's been in the 90's here the last few days. The engine is sucking in some pretty hot crappy air! Since our goal is 750whp on pumpgas, I feel that we can achieve that with these new turbos and the data I've gathered so far. That tuning comes next.

I've attached a copy of the dyno sheet from today with the new turbos for anyone who's keeping up with this project.

Attached Images  
Old 08-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor
Video link...

Damn you guys are fast... I didn't even get a chance to post the link!

Old 08-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Former Vendor
BTW Markski... Todd had asked me about our clutch package for your car a while ago... but to be honest, I won't put anything out there until I feel it's completely ready to do the job. Yes, I built a clutch for David's previous 996TT about 2 years ago using Tilton Carbon components... it was the clutch I felt would best handle the tasks at hand. We've refined a few things with it and it's been working beautifully in David's 997TT. If you get your setup working correctly, I think you will get similar results! Best of luck!

As you can see by the most recent dyno chart... in addition to me abusing the clutch pretty hard on the street during testing, David's car has well over 100 dyno pulls... most of which have been over 700rwhp. So it's been holding up quite well!

Old 08-23-2008, 03:45 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
I don't understand how this stock engine is holding up to that kind of power and torque, even with race gas and proper tuning. It goes against what is known historically. Kudos. Simply amazing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...