997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tym Switzer
No love.

you didnt honestly think i was going to let you off the hook that easy, now did you??

Old 08-26-2008, 08:29 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Amazing...if everything goes well with gods help this will be my next project

I think u need to prepare and build stroger axles so you can run car hard off the line...hopefully it will run 9s...and 150+ trap....

Distance doesnt matter when you want good tuning...One of our guys sent LP640 to Hennefer for development of 1100 ahwp beast...should be completed 11/08...

Old 08-26-2008, 09:54 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Nice work guys.

Tym, you're going to have an issue with all the tracks around here....even at private rentals as they have been teching cars in the 10's. I talked to Jerry this morning at Milan and he'll only give you one 1/4 run at my rental, or as many 1/8 mile runs as you like. So you should just go over to Norwalk on a random Friday night and hope they give you the slip before you get booted.

But you need to run my vette first....so I'm coming over this weekend....no excuses.....

Old 08-26-2008, 09:58 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT RUS
I think u need to prepare and build stroger axles so you can run car hard off the line...hopefully it will run 9s...and 150+ trap....
That's asking a lot for just a bolt-on car. Remember, this is a relatively inexpensive kit compared to building a bottom end with all the headwork, etc. I doubt they are going for any 1/4 mile records. Trapping even 140 on a full weight 997 without any tricks is an incredible accomplishment on a stock motor.

Tym, now everyone is going to start getting greedy

Old 08-26-2008, 10:29 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tym Switzer
Hello all... it's been awhile since I've had a chance to post. As many of you know, we've been very busy with a lot of R&D and testing.

If you've been following along, David's car has been an ongoing project for us. I really want to take a second and publicly thank him for giving me the latitude to develop the parts necessary to meet his goals for the project. He's been very patient with the process and I can't thank him enough for that. While I'm at it... David has been a great customer for me over the last few years... one in a million. Just to make it clear after reading through some of the previous posts today... David is not a partner nor does he have a financial stake in what we're doing. We're turning every dollar we make back into the R&D and manufacturing of our components. We work hard and pour ourselves into what we do. It's that simple.

Moving onto the car... we had so many people asking us about the car when they would come in... how much power does it make?... how fast is it?..etc... we jokingly just started calling it the "Sledgehammer". We figured that made a point about what the car is about.

Again... if you've followed along, you know that we started out with twin 30's on the car... actually, we have tested half a dozen turbos on the car... ending with 35R's. For the parameters of this particular build... stock engine w/stock cams and nothing other than bolt ons... the 35's were just too flat for my liking and the 30's just weren't cutting it out of the box. So after putting together all of that data, I decided to put together a custom turbo that I felt would give us the best of both worlds and optimize a 7500 rev limit for this package. In doing so, we've got the response we were looking for along with the top end performance to meet David's goals for the car. I went ahead and wound the car up a bit on racegas with the new turbos... they hit a lot harder than the 35's and deliver up top within the constraints we've put on the build. 1.65 bar peak boost on the logs... made 850rwhp/727rwtq on our dynojet. I'm keeping the tune on the conservative side due to the stock internals and the fact that it's been in the 90's here the last few days. The engine is sucking in some pretty hot crappy air! Since our goal is 750whp on pumpgas, I feel that we can achieve that with these new turbos and the data I've gathered so far. That tuning comes next.

I've attached a copy of the dyno sheet from today with the new turbos for anyone who's keeping up with this project.
Holy Macaroni! Congrats Tym and David!!! I cannot wait to get my Turbo done!!!! Also David, thanks for the ride in the GT2. Its a beast out of the box for sure!

Old 08-26-2008, 10:35 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Nice work guys.

Tym, you're going to have an issue with all the tracks around here....even at private rentals as they have been teching cars in the 10's. I talked to Jerry this morning at Milan and he'll only give you one 1/4 run at my rental, or as many 1/8 mile runs as you like. So you should just go over to Norwalk on a random Friday night and hope they give you the slip before you get booted.

But you need to run my vette first....so I'm coming over this weekend....no excuses.....

Sat. night, I will bring the camcorder boys.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:00 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Hey guys...Take my car with u as well...I wanna see some real results and vids of my car as well as I dying see it in action...hope it will be ready by the end of the week for some runs as well

Old 08-27-2008, 03:04 AM
But if has all that power and AWD it should be able to run those times...with agressive launch...of course other factor play imnportant role but with some practice and if axles survive long it should be possible...

Originally Posted by OhioGT2
That's asking a lot for just a bolt-on car. Remember, this is a relatively inexpensive kit compared to building a bottom end with all the headwork, etc. I doubt they are going for any 1/4 mile records. Trapping even 140 on a full weight 997 without any tricks is an incredible accomplishment on a stock motor.

Tym, now everyone is going to start getting greedy

Old 08-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
But if has all that power and AWD it should be able to run those times...with agressive launch...of course other factor play imnportant role but with some practice and if axles survive long it should be possible...
fortunately for me i don't plan to run the car at the drag strip. i dont feel like replacing axles, clutches, tires, etc. i just wanted to get an idea of what my trap speed would be in real world conditions (street tires, full weight, factory tire pressure, etc.). So if i happen to pull up next to someone on the street, i just want to know where my car is at. tym wants to take it to the drag strip to get an "official timeslip". but i really don't want him to go because it just puts unnecessary wear and tear on the car. maybe if he gets my 93 octane pump gas tune done quickly, i will let him take it. hint hint

Old 08-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Well...I would want to know what my is capable off...We dont have proper drag strip here and most of the power cars hang in other place....Center onf the city and that is where everybody race at night...I race all the cars on the street most of the time or on highways...Off the line, rolling start till the TOP end...Enzo and mod SLR is waiting for ME now

We have been testing GTRs lately...well it had only 200 miles and runned awya rolling start or off the line wihtout launch control pretty bad from mod M5s and CL65...

Last edited by GT RUS; 08-27-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
We have been testing GTRs lately...well it had only 200 miles and runned awya rolling start or off the line wihtout launch control pretty bad from mod M5s and CL65...
This is what are you talking about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvC9MDYwi0c

Old 08-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Yeap...there are also rolling starts...Enzo kill stock SLR pretty badly after 100...

Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Former Vendor
Update...tym was doing some drivability tuning last night and had a chance to do about 4 back to back to back to back 60 - 130 runs. all runs were in low to mid 5's. He beat our best time of 5.21 seconds with a 5.00 second run. i am very happy with the outcome of this project! Congrats Tym, you always seem to come through and exceed my expectations.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by dk996tt
Update...tym was doing some drivability tuning last night and had a chance to do about 4 back to back to back to back 60 - 130 runs. all runs were in low to mid 5's. He beat our best time of 5.21 seconds with a 5.00 second run. i am very happy with the outcome of this project! Congrats Tym, you always seem to come through and exceed my expectations.
+1000 on Tym and I cant wait to go for a ride.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:23 AM
RS38 has a spectacular aura aboutRS38 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
SPI 997 Sledgehammer Dyno Pull vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jLsbjgbJkI
I seriously doubt that these dyno pulls with no or too week brakes are worth the paper written on and generate results that are for real life.
The time duration of the acceleration is only 3-4 seconds in 5(?)th gear?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...