997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by daedalus
My holy lord... bolt on's and this kind of power? Stock internals? I am in complete and utter disbelief.

Words can't quite put it into perspective. My jaw literally dropped at the dyno video...

Tym that is fantastic work! Truly amazing! I wish you and your company nothing but the best... kind of makes buying a 996tt and doing a full build look completly stupid at this point anymore.

dk - props to you for being that customer who lets this kind of R&D get developed on your own car and for not wanting to beat on it at the strip! (I am with ya on the added wear and tear factor!)

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but is there a spec list of what everything has been changed on the car? Are we thinking about a possible kit in the future, rough pricing?

What are we talking about in terms of long term reliability? Sounds like its holding up well to tons of dyno time... Do you think there will be a big increase in reliability issues?

Cheers guys! Can't wait to see more!
i think tym will be officially releasing the most powerful bolt on kit available in the world within the next few weeks. i talked to him about it and he said he is working on it. i can tell you that if you want to run 93 pump gas, 700 hp is the most that is currently available. so he will be the only shop offering solutions up to 850 hp on 93 pump gas. And also for the rare occassions that the competition gets too close, you can run c16, flip a switch and now you are at 950 hp!

Last edited by dk996tt; 08-30-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:30 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
what do you mean with ((( the only shop offering solutions ))) ?

Old 08-29-2008, 07:31 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
do u mean thats he's the only shop will be offering this package or u ment thats he can built this package in the shop and cant send parts over seas ?

Old 08-29-2008, 07:33 PM
and i've one more question are u still using the stock air box filter or did u get an after market air intake system ?

Old 08-29-2008, 08:48 PM
dblock06 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
do u mean thats he's the only shop will be offering this package or u ment thats he can built this package in the shop and cant send parts over seas ?
only shop whos offering this package

Old 08-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
and i've one more question are u still using the stock air box filter or did u get an after market air intake system ?
i have a custom air intake system. take a look at the pictures at the beginning of this thread. Switzer Performance Innovation is the only company at this time that i know of that is offering solutions over 700 hp on 93 octane pump gas. you will have to talk with tym to see how he plans on delivering the final packages (i.e. through authorized dealers, or doing every car at his shop). i can say that this was a very complicated process which takes careful preparation every step of the way, so i will guess that initially all cars must be sent to his shop for the standalone tuning solutions.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:32 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
how does the car start / cold start with the standalone?

I put a standalone on my last car and it RUINED the entire experience. Looking like a doofus while the car cranks over and doesn't start, having to crank it 2-3x's to get it to start and cold weather... forget about it... the car WOULD'NT start then.

Obviously these were all tune issues that we never completed or fine tuned, but regardless I have serious qualms with the standalone again just because of my previous experience.

Is this a full standalone, or does it still retain some of the stock ECU functions for traction control, starting, etc?

Old 08-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Former Vendor
how does the car start / cold start with the standalone?

I put a standalone on my last car and it RUINED the entire experience. Looking like a doofus while the car cranks over and doesn't start, having to crank it 2-3x's to get it to start and cold weather... forget about it... the car WOULD'NT start then.

Obviously these were all tune issues that we never completed or fine tuned, but regardless I have serious qualms with the standalone again just because of my previous experience.

Is this a full standalone, or does it still retain some of the stock ECU functions for traction control, starting, etc?
cold start is excellent. i know of many other people who have had not only cold start issues with standalones, but restarting the car when it is hot as well. the beauty behind this particular standalone is that it is true oem quality and gives the programmer complete control. the standalone is integrated with the factory ecu so that all the other functions can be maintained, (i.e. traction control, cruise, stability control, etc.)

Old 08-30-2008, 02:52 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dk996tt
cold start is excellent. i know of many other people who have had not only cold start issues with standalones, but restarting the car when it is hot as well. the beauty behind this particular standalone is that it is true oem quality and gives the programmer complete control. the standalone is integrated with the factory ecu so that all the other functions can be maintained, (i.e. traction control, cruise, stability control, etc.)
Exactly... i had that issue as well. Sounds like this is a great compromise and that it is retaining most of the OEM get-in-and-go driveability that you want.

Can't wait to see more. Thanks for answering my questions!

Old 08-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Former Vendor
Exactly... i had that issue as well. Sounds like this is a great compromise and that it is retaining most of the OEM get-in-and-go driveability that you want.

Can't wait to see more. Thanks for answering my questions!
no worries. i am working on mounting a camera in the car to get some videos. i will try to post some videos soon.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:00 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dk996tt
no worries. i am working on mounting a camera in the car to get some videos. i will try to post some videos soon.
When you get back David, I should be back as well...and we should head up to Michigan to meet some guys who love to race. To bad we missed the Woodward Cruise with your Sledgehammer and my Turbo. I know of a few SC Viper and KB Cobra guys who would look at your car and say bring it...LOL

Old 08-31-2008, 10:12 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
...Thank you for the people in this world who are willing to drain $500K at a time in the name of research so that those who come after them might get a STEAL (on complete tuning packages) by acquiring the proven, tested, and accumulated knowledge from front-runners like these.

SY
A M E N !

Old 08-31-2008, 10:18 PM
its done :P 950hp videos coming out soon lol !

Old 09-01-2008, 12:40 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Cant wait )))

Old 09-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Former Vendor
just a quick update...it is official scott has just confirmed my 4.86 second 60 - 130 mph run in the Switzer Sledgehammer. Tym was out trying to get some video footage of the car and ran an incredible 4.86 seconds. The only change done to the car was a fresh set of plugs. Up until now, we were still running on the original set of factory plugs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...