997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:09 PM
RS38 has a spectacular aura aboutRS38 has a spectacular aura about
I am not looking for friends in the internet by saying Hurray )

believe me, my posts are more curious than offending.
and don't you agree that your tunes are cheaper and more risky?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:13 PM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
Took a ride in DK's car on wednesday, all i can say is wow... Those 60-130 numbers mean a whole lot more when you feel them. Definitly the most fun i have ever had as a passenger on a highway.. The shifting was so smooth too, the response couldnt had been any better. Just 1 gear to the next, for as much power as it is putting down i was impressed how well it shifted. People this is not just a hi power Porsche, every aspect was obviously looked at.. From stability under power/between shifts, to daily driving. The Car would just idle and cruise like stock. One of the most noticable differences from stock is how the car revs, the response is faster than a Carrera GT its crazy! Im even more excited now for the completion of mine! Great job Tym!

Old 09-05-2008, 12:30 PM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RS38
no offense please!

any tuner outside europe may find some genious ways to get out a max of the engine but there are some physical limits. It's like the high revving race engines that need much more maint. and rebuilds. Look at the quarter mile top fuel dragsters, they open the engine after every run.

It's not a matter of power (if given enough cooling) but torque, how long certains pieces in the power train can last.
if you reach a certain limit it would be more a matter of luck when it breaks and the probabbility of braking for sure is increasing not linear but exponentially.

I like the extreme way you mod your cars it gives a completely new view to things so at the end of the day one can learn from each other. But I am not sure how honest most claims are, because it seems here is a lot of advertising involved.

dude look at supras, my buddy has a stock internal supra 124,000 miles on odo still original motor and hes making 778whp he drives it every day.. hmmmmm.....
when you start playing with funky fuels like nitromethane which makes 2.4 times the power than gasoline because of the btu difference then yur gonna have motor problems.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:40 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
... and don't you agree that your tunes are cheaper and more risky?
That is what we call a veiled insult. And don't hide behind your excuse that english is not your native language.

I nominate RS38 as troll of the month (passive aggressive in nature) and nominate him to be banned as he has not added anything constructive to this thread.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/What_is_a_troll%3F

Old 09-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I am not looking for friends in the internet by saying Hurray )

believe me, my posts are more curious than offending.
and don't you agree that your tunes are cheaper and more risky?
Whether or not something is offensive or not is subjective. I personally believe that some of your statements definitely come across as offensive. As far as you not saying "hurray", no one is asking you to. But a little respect and politeness go a long way.

Regarding whether or not I think our tunes are risky and cheap, I'd say the tunes that come from our reputable tuners are most certainly neither cheap or risky. I think they're outstanding.

Alternatively, I believe that most euro tunes are severely overpriced for what you get and how well they perform.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 09-05-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:27 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
why is this fantastic thread being hijacked into a *****fest? Remember what your mother told you...

if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

Old 09-06-2008, 11:21 AM
AudiRS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Regarding whether or not I think our tunes are risky and cheap, I'd say the tunes that come from our reputable tuners are most certainly neither cheap or risky. I think they're outstanding.

Alternatively, I believe that most euro tunes are severely overpriced for what you get and how well they perform.
+100

Old 09-06-2008, 11:32 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, Switzer is making some MONSTERS!

Euro ECu tunes are always overpriced, look at the generic ECU tunes for MB 65's. It's rediculous!

Old 09-08-2008, 08:48 AM
TT23 is infamous around these parts
yes they are , i think this is the hotest post on 6speed i come too read it daily .lol.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
That is what we call a veiled insult. And don't hide behind your excuse that english is not your native language.

I nominate RS38 as troll of the month (passive aggressive in nature) and nominate him to be banned as he has not added anything constructive to this thread.
anything ok with you?

"trolling" started after I was asking some questions instead of only "saying something nice".
Seems to me there are many who dislike questions.
Then I got many replys which implied that europeans must be stupid not to tune their engines with stock internals.
I am used to differ more between ads and post.

But you may be right, it is not the right place in THIS thread.
dk, come over here and you'll get some beers for that!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I'd say the tunes that come from our reputable tuners are most certainly neither cheap or risky. I think they're outstanding.

I meant cheap in terms of dollars, not quality.

yes, many tuners here are too expensive. They take the premium car bonus.
of course you can get a VW Diesel ECU tune for 2-300 euros if you want.
on the other hand, if a tuner decides that he will map every engine on the dyno (stationary!!) and replace internals, it will cost a lot.
Unluckyly many tuner can afford to be expensive because there is so much demand for it.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
I meant cheap in terms of dollars, not quality.
What about his post gave you the impression he didn't understand what you were saying?

Old 09-08-2008, 04:35 PM
dlee427 is infamous around these parts
dayam!

Old 09-09-2008, 03:17 AM
What about his post gave you the impression he didn't understand what you were meaning?
simply because he said "neither cheap...[...]"!

Old 09-09-2008, 07:41 AM
bullitt44 is infamous around these partsbullitt44 is infamous around these parts
Tym is a great guy and his work is fantastic.

Hope to see your project soon!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...