997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:44 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Awesome pic!

Definitely a lot of horsepower in that building...
Agreed...I cant wait till some of that horsepower is in my garage

Old 10-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Sweet pic from tonight:
SPI P800 GT2 (703.13whp) + SPI Sledgehammer Turbo (915.82whp) = 1618.95whp
Rediculous

Correction... SPI P800/R850 GT2 (783.58 whp) + SPI Sledgehammer (915.82 whp) = 1699.40 whp.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Bro, why you dog my GT2 like that???

Last edited by dk996tt; 10-31-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:14 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dk996tt
Correction... SPI P800/R850 GT2 (783.58 whp) + SPI Sledgehammer (915.82 whp) = 1699.40 whp.

Oh man sorry. I did not mean t like that...I only saw the pump gas tune numbers on the Switzer website sorry...but those numbers are even more of a statement that I was trying to make.

Just about 1700 whp between two bolt on street cars is rediculous and amazing. That was my point.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Former Vendor
Oh man sorry. I did not mean t like that...I only saw the pump gas tune numbers on the Switzer website sorry...but those numbers are even more of a statement that I was trying to make.

Just about 1700 whp between two bolt on street cars is rediculous and amazing. That was my point.
i was just busting your *****.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Former Vendor
Les, congrats on Sledgehammer breaking the 60 - 130 record. 4.25 s is just unbelievable. i think i want to buy her back.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:26 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
les, congrats on sledgehammer breaking the 60 - 130 record. 4.25 s is just unbelievable. I think i want to buy her back.
woow!!!

Congratulations switzer community!!!!!

Old 11-03-2009, 04:30 AM
YZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the rough
crazy

you are pushing the envelope for sure

Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Les, congrats on Sledgehammer breaking the 60 - 130 record. 4.25 s is just unbelievable. i think i want to buy her back.
Thanks DK...its not for sale but I would love to trade for the GT2

Oh I should probably post the vitals of Tyms run as well.

Tym Switzer ran a 4.25 second 60-130mph in my Sledgehammer on a 0.5% decline. Shift was a very solid 0.2 seconds. What an amazing time, great job!

link to the fast list:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mile-list.html

Attached Images   
Old 02-15-2010, 06:04 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I think everyone wants to see a race with that tt Galiardo or the modded ZR1

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Old 03-20-2010, 01:55 PM
MarkRich is infamous around these parts
I've just spent the last 3 hours reading this from start to finish. Fantastic results!

Old 03-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by milou
I think everyone wants to see a race with that tt Galiardo or the modded ZR1

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
This will happen no doubt this spring/summer. Looking forward to spending time with those guy, my Michigan friends!

Originally Posted by MarkRich
I've just spent the last 3 hours reading this from start to finish. Fantastic results!
Thanks Mark. Im sure that the Switzer team is happy you enjoyed the thread. I have had the car at the dealer the last week or so for a clear bra treatment, window tints, wheel install, and a rear Turbo badge install. Here is a pic before the tints were installed late last week. I will do a dedicated photo shoot once I get the back from Switzers as she is getting a few last minute cosmetics and then its game time.

Attached Images  
Old 03-20-2010, 05:47 PM
MarkRich is infamous around these parts
Thanks Mark. Im sure that the Switzer team is happy you enjoyed the thread. I have had the car at the dealer the last week or so for a clear bra treatment, window tints, wheel install, and a rear Turbo badge install. Here is a pic before the tints were installed late last week. I will do a dedicated photo shoot once I get the back from Switzers as she is getting a few last minute cosmetics and then its game time.
I've been on their website too Brilliant!

I've come from MKIV Supra ownership to the Porsche paddock and now have a 997 C4S but already want more. My Supra made 573BHP (here it is on the dyno on the run before the 573BHP...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA5f-Rsw64Q

The Supra was crashed by the garage the day before I took delivery of it.

Anyway, I'm now thinking about upgrading to a Turbo as I feel the C4S is quite limiting with regards tuning.

Looking forward to seeing your new pics!

Old 03-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by MarkRich
I've been on their website too Brilliant!

I've come from MKIV Supra ownership to the Porsche paddock and now have a 997 C4S but already want more. My Supra made 573BHP (here it is on the dyno on the run before the 573BHP...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA5f-Rsw64Q

The Supra was crashed by the garage the day before I took delivery of it.

Anyway, I'm now thinking about upgrading to a Turbo as I feel the C4S is quite limiting with regards tuning.

Looking forward to seeing your new pics!
Nice Supra! Yeah Pcars are amazing and I bet the C4S is awesome...its just nice to have the Turbo upgrades for raw power! I love these cars!

Old 03-23-2010, 03:48 PM
After the second most snow fall in Cleveland's history since 1908, spring is in the air. Of course this means that the cars have been out of storage and people are tweaking once again!!! Here is an update on the mods to Sledgehammer for 2010 season: street tune for pump gas option (thanks Switzer), 35% tints, full clear bra, and Passport hardwire (thanks Bullet Proof and North Olmsted Porsche), Turbo script emblem stock (had the SLEDGEHAMMER DECAL), Tech 1 109 Forged satin black wheels, New Tech 1 flat center caps (thanks Mike from Tech 1 fro thenew caps and Switzer for the wheels), new black wheel lug caps, (thanks John from Wheel Enhancements), rear GT2 all red tails (thanks Suncoast Porsche) and city light LED mod, fog light hid match bulbs, and rear license plate LEDs (thanks Hoen) and new custom plate. Mostly cosmetic (some weight savings from the wheels) and of course these are phone pics. I will have a professional shoot as soon as the detail work is done and Switzer texture black tips are on, within the next few weeks.

Rear pics first.

Attached Images      

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 03-23-2010 at 04:27 PM. Reason: spelling

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My new 997TT w/Twin 30R's...