997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Carbon Fiber Center Stack?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 02:50 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by atomic80
Seth, you should have come to me for help on putting together the car. It's too late now but in the future, come to me. I'm well versed on these cryptic Porsche options! Do you have any ideas who could take apart the PCM to get painted by bumperplugs?

You might want to consider getting this setup..isn't it pretty?
Where can one get this steering wheel from?

Old 03-06-2008, 02:52 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TrentS
I too want that part in carbon fibre, but I guess I'll have to settle for leather (which does look damn nice).

On the car configurator on the Porsche website is that leather option "PCM Package in Leather" @ $2070?
That's it - Code is CUR

Here is mine in Cocoa:
Name:  DSC_0074.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  109.0 KB

Old 03-06-2008, 03:07 PM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TrentS
I too want that part in carbon fibre, but I guess I'll have to settle for leather (which does look damn nice).

On the car configurator on the Porsche website is that leather option "PCM Package in Leather" @ $2070?
If you figure out a part number in leather let me know!

Old 03-06-2008, 03:19 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
If you figure out a part number in leather let me know!
The order code is CUR.

From the order guide: CUR
PCM Package in Leather
Smooth leather finish in interior color on PCM trim, climate
control trim, lower switch trim, lower storage bin.

Turbo Cabriolet $2,070
Turbo Coupe $2,070

Old 03-06-2008, 03:20 PM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
The order code is CUR.

From the order guide: CUR
PCM Package in Leather
Smooth leather finish in interior color on PCM trim, climate
control trim, lower switch trim, lower storage bin.

Turbo Cabriolet $2,070
Turbo Coupe $2,070
I mean the codes (skew) that you would need if you already have the car!

Old 03-06-2008, 03:54 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
997$HITLOADOFCASH is the part number!

Old 03-06-2008, 04:08 PM
eurospek is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
Where can one get this steering wheel from?
It's a TechArt wheel.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
We did the carbon around the horn, and the horn buttons, as well as the headlight switch and ignition surround, and the horseshoe area by the shifter on Tony's car pictured above. Looks really good! We usually don't do the wheels, because Porsche sells carbon steering wheels for a good price.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:37 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is infamous around these parts

If had CF parts in my car I'd be all over the steering wheel pieces, sport chrono cover, instrument surround, etc. Absolutely beautiful work.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
The CODE for leather PCM is "CUR CRAZY" Over $2k, but damn it looks good in leather.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:04 PM
trophymaker is infamous around these parts
Do you have any pics of a satin black center stack? Sounds interesting.

Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
The other consideration is that the areas where the buttons are offers little tolerance for any buildup, so this will not likely be seen in carbon.

However, we paint these sections every week, for customers and dealers. We've done body color, alumalook, satin silver, piano black and even satin black, which minimizes the look and gets rid of the busy nature of all the buttons on there. It really is a stunning look once finished. The parts are removed from your vehicle and sent to us, we prep and mask off everything, then we do our custom buildup on the finish, which is 14 stages when done. This can take up to 4-5 days to complete. Then we send back to you for install.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 03-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Former Vendor
johnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to behold
Half Way

We've actually gone half way up the console. Attached is a 'status report' picture of the work in progress. Luckily, the customer was putting in a custom stereo to replace the PCM - which is that piece in the upper left. The climate control in the lower left has had its initial sanding and is awaiting its next coat of clear. None of the other parts have had their final sanding and polishing yet so they look a bit wavy.

There are two issues with doing the PCM in CF. One is that the actual cost of doing the panel will be pretty big. The more buttons, the more time required to make a nice fitting and good looking piece. The second is the cost of the PCM panel from Porsche. You have to buy the actual PCM electronics - they don't sell the plastic by itself. So.... don't scratch your plastic!

There's that guy on eBay (out of Japan) that sells the PCM replacement piece - that would be an easy carbon job if someone wanted to rip the PCM out. ANyone seen that?

That being said.... we could do it for less than that leather option! Not sure we can match Eric's painting turnaround time though!

Attached Images  
Old 03-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by trophymaker
Do you have any pics of a satin black center stack? Sounds interesting.
Unfortunately not as yet. We've requested some, but the pictures do not turn out with as clear a view of it as we'd like. Satin Black is just a bit more pop than straight flat black, but not the high gloss of piano black.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:33 PM
trophymaker is infamous around these parts
I hear you... maybe some of flat or gloss then? I am just trying to picture the center stack without the buttons contrasting the surround... I thought it might seem too much of a black void?

Old 03-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
Tough shots, but here are some:

Note: we did the door pulls, steering wheel buttons and cupholder/shifter trim in Speed Yellow, rear console, front PCM panels and brake trim in piano black, all a/c vents piano black, glove box release piano black, and upper door trim piano black.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Center Stack?