997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What's the verdict on the exhaust not on a 997tt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 04:03 PM
eyesurg is infamous around these parts
I just ordered the cargraphic exhaust last week, I hope mine sounds "the best".

Old 03-25-2008, 04:10 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eyesurg
I just ordered the cargraphic exhaust last week, I hope mine sounds "the best".

Good one!

Old 03-25-2008, 07:42 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Sound is in the ear of the listener, and if you pay upwards of 4 grand, you're damn certain yours is going to sound the best.

None of these systems today match the mellow sounds made by my '53 Ford V-8 with Marymounts.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:52 PM
crd
crd is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up for the AWE system. As previously said, sound quality is very subjective. I checked out both FS and AWE prior to buying, and felt that the AWE was just right FOR ME. Not too loud at all, nice throaty growl (if you can really get that out of a 997TT).

But I still prefer the sound of my cat-less, tuned 930 with GHL headers. Now THAT was sweet.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:41 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atomic80
Mike, finally someone spoke up against Chris. He's always had this "attitude" towards others who doesn't agree with his sentiments. I for one am tired of that. He doesn't seem to understand that all of us are likely to have varying opinions from his own. I've given up on trying to convince him that not everyone agrees with him.

Anyways, enough about that...

You're right, everyone has their own opinion about what is the "best" to them. I certainly am not going to tell folks that I think my cargraphic exhaust is _THE_ best sounding exhaust out there. I think it sounds great but that's my opinion.
Yeah, I'm such a bully. You guys can do whatever the fu$# you want to your cars, I could care less. I have my opinions as do you, if mike doesn't like fabspeed, take it up with Joe not me, he's not that scary. I never said your stuff was cobbled junk, it's not. I just like FS better, and yes I've gotten great deals too that you could NEVER match, (but I've also been a repeat customer for years). FYI mike, never a good idea to attack customers on line, looks bad, biz 101.
Jason, you can take it up with me in pm if you want, just stop criticizing every GD post I put up and we won't have a problem.
C

Old 03-25-2008, 08:46 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !

You just can't help accepting the fact that I'm not the only one that has a problem with you. I'm not going to PM you because it's not worth it.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:54 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Boo hoo, the kids don't like me, I'm all broken up. Grow a pair jason.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:01 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
It is very poor form to attack customers online, almost never works out Mike. they're just freakin mufflers. Get over it.
Jason, what's your beef with Chris? If anybody online thinks their stuff/ mods are the best it's you. Why don't you just pm the man?

Old 03-25-2008, 09:02 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I've had both. I currently have the AWE and I love it. I hated the Fabspeed. You can tell the quality difference once you've put some miles on the car. AWE is a far better system. IMHO.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:04 PM
I know you two are brothers so naturally you'd come to his defense. My problem with Chris is that he can't accept the fact that others are entitled to their own opinions. That's one of the biggest things that irks me. People who think they are mr. know-it-all. Chris has consistently shown this type of behavior all across the forums and it can really get a bit old. Mike may have shown bad business practice by "attacking" Chris but in this case, it was definitely justified.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:05 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Damn! I thought the only Drama was in the GT-R threads. 240KA what exaust do you think is the best? What's that you say, the coffee cans they put on Civics. I'm on my way to pick one up now!!

Old 03-25-2008, 09:06 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I know you two are brothers so naturally you'd come to his defense. My problem with Chris is that he can't accept the fact that others are entitled to their own opinions. That's one of the biggest things that irks me. People who think they are mr. know-it-all. Chris has consistently shown this type of behavior all across the forums and it can really get a bit old. Mike may have shown bad business practice by "attacking" Chris but in this case, it was definitely justified.
+ 1

Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
<~~~getting the popcorn. =)

i personally know nothing about exhausts....lol! but everyone is entitled to their own opinions and if you can't force people to see things the exact same ways that you do. we are all enthusiasts and should respect each other for that.

on a personal note....atomic is a level headed, fair person who sees things with an open mind and gives consideration to his posts before hitting the "post" button. i think there is a lot of value to what he says.

i must say...i sure learn a ton about mods from being here! thanks to you guys, my xmas wish list is already full for 2008! =)

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 03-25-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:16 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Jason, with all due respect you don't know anything about Chris. Don't judge people by what they post on the internet. Yes he's my brother, my twin brother as a matter of fact, I'll always cover his back 'cause that's what brothers do.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:18 PM
I don't need to know anything about Chris. All I know is that he attacks everyone either actively or passively that doesn't share his opinion. That's enough for me. I think he just needs to tone it down a bit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's the verdict on the exhaust not on a 997tt?