997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Women who drive 997tt's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:27 AM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Today I saw a female 997tt driver cruising in traffic. It was only the second time despite having seen quite a few of these cars .

I thought to myself --why?

It's not as if women on the whole spend or own less than men . Women's jewery can add up to multiple Turbo's in some cases .

I have even considered a "his and hers" Porsche ownership for myself and girlfriend .She loves the car and might find driving in traffic with women's shoes a litle harder than a guy . The only thing which stands in the way is that we need passenger space . Also I may opt for a 997S as the second P car for variety and pricing . Either way - Not yet .

I do see a lot of women in Porsche SUV's . I see guys driving them too . More women though .

Any thoughts?
I get cars, my wife gets jewelery. No problem.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Originally Posted by raclaims
My wife always says that when she drives the turbo that men almost run into telephone poles as they can't beleive a woman is driving a TT...I always tell her they can't beleive a woman is driving it so damn slowly!

Old 03-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
It's always hot to see chicks in fast cars...

Old 03-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Transporter987S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zuluracerx
It's always hot to see chicks in fast cars...

+111111111111111111111

Old 03-12-2008, 05:41 PM
crd
crd is infamous around these parts
Of the 4 997TTs I've seen, 2 were driven by women.

More power to 'em! Love the photo of the gal in the silver car.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:27 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
It's not a TT, but today I saw a beautiful girl driving a Lambo Gallardo Spyder.
I see a lot of women driving high end cars yet the focus tends to be less centered around performance driving . At Mercedes the place is filled with women , Maserrati too, BMW too. Yet Porsche seems to have most buying the SUV or cabrio rather than the 997 ot 997tt coupes . I just don't understand.

When I see a woman driving a convertible Ferrari or Lambo I often wonder if it's the " how do I look in this car?" syndrome where the car is merely an accesory like jewelry or shoes or recently liitle dogs. In short it's less about driving and more about appearance .

Today i looked at future cars for my household as my Mercedes comes off lease soon and I did stop by the Porsche dealeship to order some carbon parts.

While there I saw a GTS standing next to a C2S and they are so different. Maybe as different as men and women .

Old 03-12-2008, 08:54 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
This thread is funny. I can give you a woman's perspective. My new Turbo is on a boat on its way across the Atlantic to me - I can't wait. Just for the record, my husband drives a Mercedes and could care less about cars, he loves golf. I just surprise my husband with my cars which I pay for with cash I earned myself through many years of good hard work and good investing/savings habits. I have always loved cars - don't need jewelry (although my husband had a necklace made for my 50th birthday recently with the Porsche crest on it). In high school had a couple 240Z's which were "cool" in their day, an MG, a 68 mustang, and many many more. The turbo will be my third Porsche. I drive track (FAST) and this fall drove with a motocade of Porsche's through 5 countries, 14 Europeon mountain passes and went 171 mph on the autobahn. I smile everytime I drive my pcar - it's almost like a drug, a high (you all know what I mean). They are amazing vehicles - the way they grip the road on a tight turn, thrust your brains to the back of your head when you accelerate, just a THRILL to drive. I go to clinics, events, read my porsche magazines and detail my cars like no one else can. When I drive my Porsche, I must admit, the men do pull up and smile, wave, give me the thumbs up, etc. which is fun. It is my hobby and I love my cars. I love speed and power. I do get lots of attention when I drive my Porsche. I actually have mostly male friends anyway and have always enjoyed men more than women which the Porsche also supports. I am one of those Type A, high achiever types that when I do something, I like to win and do it to the highest degree possible - thus I am working my way up the Porsche food chain (my husband is questioning my sanity - he doesn't relate to this but enjoys watching me enjoy it so much).

Hey if women can run for President of the United States, we can drive a Turbo, right! Watch out guys - here we come....

When my car arrives, I'll post of picture of "us".

Old 03-12-2008, 09:58 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Wow Greta --what a post . I almost noted in my post that the many of the male drivers I have noticed with Mercedes have a very similar perception of the cars as you describe with your husband --with the exception of a few AMG owners.

I would neer have gone to Mercedes myself . I went at first because my elderly parent stopped driving hers and gave it to me . I already had cars but I decided to keep hers and it strated breaking down almost instantly . My girlfriend liked the car so much and it was nice to visit mom with it that i decided to trade it in and lease the 07 model which is quite nice .

I just refused to buy an i drive BMW all "Bangled" and it really saddened me to see the large modern BMWs .

I don't blame you one drop for loving this car . I have 9 months to decide and my girlfriend loves the idea of either car .

We somewhat need occasional passenger space which leaves a dilema . I actually prefer driving my Honda Civic Si than the Mercedes as adaily driver and if I decided to upgrade the Si to a Porsche for her , then I am left with a car like your hubby --boring for me . My Turbo sits in the garage most of the time and as you I am "overprotective" with it .

I have a few months to decide. I just like the idea of sipping coffee with her at the dealership as I do try to participate in her hobbies and interests too. I love having this car so much I want her to have one too. A C2S may be afair price compromise.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:28 AM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brett1
Caught up to this girl on I-95 in a 997TT.... then she lost me!!

Thats my X wife!

Old 03-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Blake P has a spectacular aura aboutBlake P has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ZEMDOGG
My fiance drives a porsche Cayman S. I sold it to her : ) It's actually how we met!
The girl in your avatar? *droool*

Old 03-15-2008, 12:54 AM
golfguy is infamous around these parts
Subbie, one of the female members here, drives a 997tt.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=13356

Old 03-15-2008, 03:51 AM
.MRR. is infamous around these parts
A woman friend that I know drives Aston Martin DB9 on weekends and her daily driver is a Porsche 911 Turbo

Old 03-15-2008, 06:00 AM
yell03 is infamous around these parts
My wife used to drive my 2007 Z06 fairly often.

I traded that for a 2007 911 Targa 4 with a 6 speed which she drives also, not a Turbo, but it is still a HOT sports car.

My 16 year old daughter drives a 2007 Mustang GT and she installed SLP Loudmouths, it sounds pretty mean.
To help avoid tickets I got her a license plate frame that reads:

"YES IT'S LOUD"
"DAD ALWAYS KNOWS WHERE I AM"

If I had bought a Turbo, my wife would surely drive that too, but after the Z06 I had to take a break from insane power for a bit before I lost my license.
I find I am able to use 325hp on a daily basis and hear that Porsche growl daily without as much fear of legal repurcussions.

Here is proof that women drive FAST cars:

THE WIFE & the 505hp Z06:

THE Daughter and the 300hp Mustang GT:

The Porsche 911 Targa 4:

Howard

Old 03-15-2008, 06:14 AM
ironchefigor is infamous around these parts
Daughter FTW.

"How much?"

Old 03-15-2008, 06:29 AM
VICTAHH is infamous around these parts
were did you see the turbo with the lady in it and what color was it.

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Today I saw a female 997tt driver cruising in traffic. It was only the second time despite having seen quite a few of these cars .

I thought to myself --why?

It's not as if women on the whole spend or own less than men . Women's jewery can add up to multiple Turbo's in some cases .

I have even considered a "his and hers" Porsche ownership for myself and girlfriend .She loves the car and might find driving in traffic with women's shoes a litle harder than a guy . The only thing which stands in the way is that we need passenger space . Also I may opt for a 997S as the second P car for variety and pricing . Either way - Not yet .

I do see a lot of women in Porsche SUV's . I see guys driving them too . More women though .

Any thoughts?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Women who drive 997tt's