997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

0-60 Mag: 997 vs GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 08:37 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Dyno'd at Harmann Motive in Torrance

Old 03-13-2008, 08:38 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
vs. 997 TT

Last edited by gmoney; 03-13-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:46 AM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Give it up. Go to the Nisssan boards would ya.

These debates are stupid at best. Stop paper racing!!!

240ka you seem to sit behind your magazines and computer monitor racing cars that you neither own or have driven. Either buy one and shut us up or enjoy this board like the rest of us.
it's what kids do these days...the internet has given voice to people who havn't experienced something in real life but like to argue in theoretical.

Anyhow...performance wise, i will always have respect for nissan. Why? because they go after the best of the best. For the last 30 years, if you look in a Nissan engineering office, you will see photos of racing porsche's past and present because the head honcho's there know that for the ultimate nissan, their target is the 997 Turbo. i tip my hat to them, and consider it a great compliment to the porsche factory as well.

I will probably get one after they hype dies down and they depreciate like normal Japanese cars. it will be a fantastic $ per HP car, but that's it. It isn't a timeless design and it won't open doors for you in social circles, it's just a car to go stupidly fast in.

and yes, we need some kind of age limit or minimum posting standards on here...the maturity level of this forum is one of the reasons i spend most of my time on here instead of domestic and import forums. it would be a shame to see the demeanor of the 6 deteriorate.

Last edited by DeAd-EyE; 03-13-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:20 AM
zman is infamous around these parts
Its a NISSAN enough said. Some people by real art work and some buy pictures from target. Its a choice. To an art person they can see right through junk art. I don't get paying 80k for a car manufacture that also sells a 12k car. They are having to retool and retrain all the dealerships because this thing is so out of their league. I can find better places to put 80k other than a NISSAN.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:49 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
The GTR could be a 15K car and do 0-60 in 1 sec and I wouldn't buy it.
Ever walk into a Nissan Dealership?
Ever get a Nissan Serviced?
Want to find out on a 75K flagship car?

No thanks!!

This debate is as silly as it gets.
Kids will drive the rice, Men will drive the "others"

Old 03-13-2008, 09:53 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
400whp on a Mustang dyno? Wow. There are going to be alot of disappointed GTR drivers out there, given that many Z06's and 997TT's have been tweaked to the ~500whp level

Old 03-13-2008, 09:53 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JZRS4
The GTR could be a 15K car and do 0-60 in 1 sec and I wouldn't buy it.
Ever walk into a Nissan Dealership?
Ever get a Nissan Serviced?
Want to find out on a 75K flagship car?

No thanks!!

This debate is as silly as it gets.
Kids will drive the rice, Men will drive the "others"
I dont' disagree but Nissan did issue a new service plan for GTR - eg, full maintenance, loaner, etc to distinguish itself from Sentra.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:28 AM
eight0zero is infamous around these parts
here we go... here comes another 30 pager

Old 03-13-2008, 10:33 AM
I drove an Evo MR for a year, loved it. In some ways its much more entertaining to drive than my 997TT. I would not let the make turn you off the car completely. If you love cars Im sure you can appreciate the GTR from the drivers seat, no matter what dealer you take it to for maintenance

Old 03-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Vincent is infamous around these parts
Nissan is marketing the GTR hard on this forum....

Old 03-13-2008, 01:29 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah Nissan is sending in their Media Hype minions to flood this board with nonsense. I don't mind the GT-R and have never not given it props for its numbers for the money. But I have had Nissan in the past and if the service was twice as good it would still be bad. I am just tired of the Nissan = WORLD CAR DOMINATOR attitude. Or the you paid almost double for your Turbo and it got beat by the GT-R. Well DUH I did and I could pay another 30K to beat up your Nissan so what?

Different strokes for different folks. Just stop beating the dead horse.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Banned
240ka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
gtr spec v beating a CGT and GT2 put down the crack pipe. sport auto already tested the GTR at the ring and it ran 7:50, not anywhere close to nissan's propaganda times. the spec v will be lucky to run below 7:40.

GT2 has already run 7:32

GT2, CGT>430 Scuderia>>>>>>>>Spec V

below 740. if you forgot the GT-R runs a 738 on the nurb. the Spec V is geared at taking the CGT down. The Spec V will be a sub 720 car. they are shooting for 724

look at what happened when nissan said they were going to take down the 911 turbo. they took it down and the GT3 along with it.

id say. believe Nissan when they say they are going to do something from now on

the Spec V will be atleast 300lbs lighter. and is supposed to have up to 80 more hp

fact is your guys that are flaming the GT-R are the ones still mad at the fact that the GT-R sent the 911 turbo down i na ball of flames

Last edited by 240ka; 03-13-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Rumor I heard was same power, just lighter.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Banned
240ka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gmoney
Rumor I heard was same power, just lighter.

yea hthe head,said that the GT-R didnt need more power, just tweak supension and lighter to rival the CGT. but over the last couple weeks rumor has been there will be a 60-80 hp increase but we will see.

i want to see the 998 answer back. its going to be dope to see these two(998 911 TT and GT-R go at it

Old 03-13-2008, 02:53 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 240ka
below 740. if you forgot the GT-R runs a 738 on the nurb. the Spec V is geared at taking the CGT down. The Spec V will be a sub 720 car. they are shooting for 724

look at what happened when nissan said they were going to take down the 911 turbo. they took it down and the GT3 along with it.

id say. believe Nissan when they say they are going to do something from now on

the Spec V will be atleast 300lbs lighter. and is supposed to have up to 80 more hp

fact is your guys that are flaming the GT-R are the ones still mad at the fact that the GT-R sent the 911 turbo down i na ball of flames

ummm...no, sport auto TESTED it and ran 7:50! sub 7:20 will NEVER happen. sub 7:40 will prob not happen.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: 0-60 Mag: 997 vs GT-R