997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

0-60 Mag: 997 vs GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 08:59 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 240ka
its funny how yall like to assume what someone cant afford or how old they are.

first i can afford a GT-R no prob and if i wanted to obtain a porsche thats not problem either. second im 26, a college gradaute have a great paying job with Vitamin water so i would think that means im not a kid.

but again we know how some of you do.

you get off topic to get away from the point that no matter how you slice it. the 911 TT CANT beat the GT-R under any circumstances. even if the GT-R had an anchor tied to it the 911 TT still wouldnt beat it.

and the GT3 has yet to get a notch under its belt either

the SNOB factor always seem to come out of some of you. its just a matter of time before some of you resort to Badge naming and money. its pretty sad actaully. the ones who feel the need to do that obviously are trying to compensate for something they dont have
Uh. Correction. 26 years old, you are still more kid than mature adult my friend. College graduate? 4 Years in the work force? Can you really afford either of these cars? You working for Vitamin Water doesn't say anything to me. Not trying to be a snob, just verifying your claims.

BTW, you still haven't answered BBYU's question. What do you drive?

Again I agree with BBYU. I respect and like the GTR. I don't hate. I hate posers like yourself. IMHO.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:30 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
second im 26, a college gradaute have a great paying job with Vitamin water so i would think that means im not a kid.
Look up "self deprecation"

Old 03-13-2008, 10:04 PM
vduzin12 is infamous around these parts
wow i'm so embarrased

Old 03-13-2008, 11:13 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
below 740. if you forgot the GT-R runs a 738 on the nurb. the Spec V is geared at taking the CGT down. The Spec V will be a sub 720 car. they are shooting for 724

look at what happened when nissan said they were going to take down the 911 turbo. they took it down and the GT3 along with it.

id say. believe Nissan when they say they are going to do something from now on

the Spec V will be atleast 300lbs lighter. and is supposed to have up to 80 more hp

fact is your guys that are flaming the GT-R are the ones still mad at the fact that the GT-R sent the 911 turbo down i na ball of flames

How can a car be sub 7:20 and they are shooting for 7:24?

In case you didnt realize sub 7:20 = less than 7:20.

Comon, who do you think you're fooling here.

Still waiting on you to GET a GT-R and show something instead of talking about what it could do.

As with any car, it's only as good as it's driver, so your mag comparos will leave you a day late and a dollar short if your driving skills match your intellect.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:25 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
We seem to be attracting alot of this lately

Old 03-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
I'm sorry to tell you this, 240ka, but your beloved GT-R has done nothing that Corvette Z06 already hasn't accomplished back in 2006. Z06 outperforms the GT-R in every performance category for less money and it actually looks like a proper sports car instead of a ricemobile.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:15 AM
Standard is infamous around these parts
It's amazing how many folks on this board pretend to own a Porsche.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:54 AM
Transporter987S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Standard
It's amazing how many folks on this board pretend to own a Porsche.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:15 AM
Banned
240ka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bbywu
Well, bro, it's not snob factor...it's your your attitude. Yall type like a teenager, argue like a debate team reject, and troll this forum like a poser.

I'm not hat'n the GT-R. In fact, I'm one of the few who have been impressed with the numbers. I'm also one of the few that have offered a few runs at the track against my 997TT. The only thing I'm hat'n is your waste of bandwith.

and i have said before its not drected at everyone. that it was directed at the pcar fanboys that refuse to believe any of the many test and reviews and chose to make ridiculous statements.

and i respect you for seeing a car, any car as a car. and that it is only as good as the purpose its made for. these are performance cars. and the GT-R just so happens to beat the 911 turbo are its own game in this round. i also stated im ready to see porsches response with the 998 turbo. b/c its a win/win for us consumers. so my comments arent directed at you.

and please believe i dont have an attitude. I post an article about both the 997 and GT-R. so it was for all of us

Last edited by 240ka; 03-14-2008 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:18 AM
Banned
240ka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Uh. Correction. 26 years old, you are still more kid than mature adult my friend. College graduate? 4 Years in the work force? Can you really afford either of these cars? You working for Vitamin Water doesn't say anything to me. Not trying to be a snob, just verifying your claims.

BTW, you still haven't answered BBYU's question. What do you drive?

Again I agree with BBYU. I respect and like the GTR. I don't hate. I hate posers like yourself. IMHO.

yeah im a poser.

and if you read what i wrote. I said it wasnt directed at everyone. I said it was directed at those that say no matter what test comes. the test are wrong just b/c the 911 isnt on top. (the fanboys)

if you arent a fanboy, then you should have felt it was directed at you

Old 03-14-2008, 05:05 AM
oufly2 is infamous around these parts
My 2 cents,
I think Nissan has to get some serious credit for what they have built it is an impressive compilation of technology. I could afford the R35 today, probably not the P-turbo but I will not be running out to spend over MSRP on the nissan.
This person hit the nail on the head in an earlier post

"It´s not a question of speed, cornering, price, ring times. It´s a question of taste and class.

Porsche 997

Nissan GT-R

I guess you get the idea."

Classics are timeless, my 2 cents

Old 03-14-2008, 05:26 AM
benVTGizzle is infamous around these partsbenVTGizzle is infamous around these parts
Do they compare the GTR with the manual 997TT or with the tiptronic?

I love Nissan (my first car was a Nissan 350Z) but I would never trade in my manual 997TT for an automatic GTR...no matter how fast it is.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:48 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of

first i can afford a GT-R no prob and if i wanted to obtain a porsche thats not problem either. second im 26, a college gradaute have a great paying job with Vitamin water so i would think that means im not a kid.

you get off topic to get away from the point that no matter how you slice it. the 911 TT CANT beat the GT-R under any circumstances. even if the GT-R had an anchor tied to it the 911 TT still wouldnt beat it.

the SNOB factor always seem to come out of some of you. its just a matter of time before some of you resort to Badge naming and money. its pretty sad actaully. the ones who feel the need to do that obviously are trying to compensate for something they dont have
Never a GTR around when you need one. Let's just see how great the cars are. Any GTR takers out there? Typical, all talk no action.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:04 AM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future

You still get my vote as one of the top haters here. Also with your language skills, I still question the fact you've graduated from college. You claim you can afford pretty much any car you want and claim to be such an enthusiast WHAT DO YOU DRIVE? (Aso If I took the time to go through your old posts I could find contradictions to that statment).

Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Can we please, PLEASE, at least require the newbs to have a f*cking triple digit IQ? PLEASE? Is that too much to ask? Just a hundy! That's all I'm looking for here. Just kids who don't have to have velcro instead of laces! Is that setting the bar too high?

Old 03-14-2008, 08:11 AM
slykmr is infamous around these parts
240ka, seriously what was your objective coming on here and posting what you posted? Who gives a **** if the GTR is faster. I will still have to shovel the ***** off my turbo compared to the GTR! I mean what response did you expect when you come here and market the hell out of a Nissan on a dominant Porsche forum. Just curious... And yes I am with the others what do you drive? I am 26 myself so I am interested what car truly satisfies YOU to be called your daily driver... Oh and considering the fact you are about 10 pounds of **** in a 5 pound bag we will need pics of your car to verify... TIA.

Last edited by slykmr; 03-14-2008 at 08:13 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: 0-60 Mag: 997 vs GT-R