997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 06:05 PM
OCTurbo is infamous around these parts
exhaust tips

A buddy of mine just picked a white 997tt cab. He wants to get aftermarket dual exhaust tips for his car, but doesn't want to get a new exhaust system at this point. Who makes aftermarket tips that are compatible with the oem exhaust?
thanks.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:35 PM
FSU-997TT is infamous around these parts
Old 03-14-2008, 07:51 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
As far as know, these tips fit the OEM system:

Fabspeed
Cargraphic
Techart

There probably is more but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:13 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I love Mine ---Techart . They fit like a glove.

Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2008, 10:40 AM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
Tech Art Tips

JB

Who has the best price on the Tech Art Porsche 997 chrome tips? I like that style the best.

What is you favorite look between the Fabspeed, Cargraphic, and Techart tips?

Mike

Old 03-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Hernando is infamous around these parts
I like the Fabspeed tips the best. Esp the Powder coated ones.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:09 PM
SPEEDOFHEAT is infamous around these parts
GMP installed some polished Fabspeed tips on my black turbo this week. Good fit and finish. My exhaust is a Tubi, but The Fabspeed will fit the factory setup to my knowledge.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:19 PM
OCTurbo is infamous around these parts
mike,
I like the techart tips the best, but the price from the website (cecwheels.com (949) 797 0177) is 1,599 or 1799 for black (can i get some lube!). Cargraphic and awe don't fit oem exhaust according to their websites. The other one is fabspeed for $950 for powdercoated, which would look very good on your car.
Also speedtech (my exhaust) is coming out with an exhaust system soon that will be similar to the 996tt in design, sound, and price according to them. It shouldn't cost much more than the techart tips! However, i don't know if they will come with dual tips, but they probably will since they did with the 996tt system (at no extra charge).

Old 03-16-2008, 01:20 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
cargraphic tips _DO_ fit the stock exhaust system. I know, because I had this for a short while.

I'd love to go with the techart tips but two things are stopping me:

1) exorbitant price tag (are you kidding me? $1600 for tips?)
2) techart logo on tips. I hate it when tuners do that..I want NOTHING on it at all

Old 03-16-2008, 09:40 AM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jbpricemd
mike,
I like the techart tips the best, but the price from the website (cecwheels.com (949) 797 0177) is 1,599 or 1799 for black (can i get some lube!). Cargraphic and awe don't fit oem exhaust according to their websites. The other one is fabspeed for $950 for powdercoated, which would look very good on your car.
Also speedtech (my exhaust) is coming out with an exhaust system soon that will be similar to the 996tt in design, sound, and price according to them. It shouldn't cost much more than the techart tips! However, i don't know if they will come with dual tips, but they probably will since they did with the 996tt system (at no extra charge).
they both fit

Old 03-16-2008, 09:50 AM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
I've become obsessed with finding the right tips.

1) Fabspeed: had them. loved them but construction was eh and since there is no curled lip, they got filthy fast and didn't look great. Tough to maintain IMO.

2) AWE: nicest I've seen constuction-wise and finish but they have a prominent etched logo. I ordered the black diamond finish which are insanely gorgeous - like chromed gun metal. Some care about the logo some don't. If I didn't, they would be on my car now. Plus, the people who work there are really nice.

3) CG: I have them on now. Not my 100% favorite because they are not very aggressive but they actually look pretty good once positioned properly and since they have a curled lip, they pretty much always look good.

4) TA: price...are you joking?

5) Speedart: from what I understand, the tips are attached to the system and can not be ordered separately. If they ever come out with a set that is similar to what they have on their systems now, I would go this way.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:04 AM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by SG
I've become obsessed with finding the right tips.

1) Fabspeed: had them. loved them but construction was eh and since there is no curled lip, they got filthy fast and didn't look great. Tough to maintain IMO.

2) AWE: nicest I've seen constuction-wise and finish but they have a prominent etched logo. I ordered the black diamond finish which are insanely gorgeous - like chromed gun metal. Some care about the logo some don't. If I didn't, they would be on my car now. Plus, the people who work there are really nice.

3) CG: I have them on now. Not my 100% favorite because they are not very aggressive but they actually look pretty good once positioned properly and since they have a curled lip, they pretty much always look good.

4) TA: price...are you joking?

5) Speedart: from what I understand, the tips are attached to the system and can not be ordered separately. If they ever come out with a set that is similar to what they have on their systems now, I would go this way.
I like the speedart tips too, but aren't the round tips a bit too old fashion. Crap, they have been around for years, and all the bad boy racers have them.
I am a bit confused with the mentality centered around round-tips for '07tts. The tear-drop bumper hole was designed for tear drop tips (imo). Seems like to get the round tips to look right, the hole needs to be re-designed away from the tear-drop look. Omittingly, the porsche tear drop tips look a bit cheapo and do discolor easily with tt's-hot exhaust, but what is needed is an aftermarket co. to offer a good chrome tear drop tip(s) to fit in the porsche designed tear drop bumper holes.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:20 AM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
i had the tips on my ruf 550 chromed but not as shiny as stock, the ruff stock tips are disgusting rusted in looks. Now its decent. Well invested $800. : o

Old 03-16-2008, 11:24 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
At this point in time I like the stock tips best. But I want to get my hands on some GT2 tips, a single oval would look hawt! I wish some of the aftermarket guys would make something like that instead of the overdone (IMO) quads. hint, hint....

Old 03-16-2008, 04:17 PM
My favorite is speedart, Techart and the stock ones in that order.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: exhaust tips