997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

R&T: GT-R vs ZO6 vs 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
I was just talking to my wife about this thread. Her response "who cares it's a Nissan".

Last edited by Indykid; 03-19-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:57 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Indykid
I was just talking to my wife about this thread. Her response "who cares it's Nissan".
Exactly why I'm not married.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bbywu
Exactly why I'm not married.
Uhh? you own a Nissan? lol

Old 03-19-2008, 05:13 PM
dblock06 is infamous around these parts
A Porsche is a Porsche because they provided to be the leader speed and luxury, when they let others beat them for half the price, do you think Porsche will stay on top? Looks like they are getting lazy and think they don't have to worry anymore.

BTW, nice elitist comment about the "Nissan".

Old 03-19-2008, 05:26 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Uhh? you own a Nissan? lol
I own a Nissan yes. You have a problem with that? I also own an Acura, 997TT, and owned a 996TT. What is so funny about that?...snob.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned
ISO9001 is infamous around these parts
I look at this test and it just proves that you get some variance test to test. I think the GTR is faster on track than the 997t but I don't think it's 6 seconds faster than the 997t or the Z06. I also don't think the GTR is that much slower than the 997t in a straight line either.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by ISO9001
I look at this test and it just proves that you get some variance test to test. I think the GTR is faster on track than the 997t but I don't think it's 6 seconds faster than the 997t or the Z06. I also don't think the GTR is that much slower than the 997t in a straight line either.
I just call into question the fact that 1-2 years ago, the Z06 was spanking the 997TT around the track. Now there just a few tenths off?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Banned
ISO9001 is infamous around these parts
I just call into question the fact that 1-2 years ago, the Z06 was spanking the 997TT around the track. Now there just a few tenths off?
And it's almost holding the Z06 under top-end acceleration too. Tests are very bizarre at times.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:22 PM
mister_jkd is infamous around these parts
What's really entertaining is Heavy Chevy's small P complex manifesting itself. That dog don't hunt too good. Glad more and more good people see through his masquerade.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about
I was just talking to my wife about this thread. Her response "who cares it's a Nissan".
So what you are saying is that your wife is gold digger? No offense, but if I was dating a girl who tells me my car is "just a Nissan," it would be major red flag for me. (If I was driving a Nissan that is.)

On the side note, I hate it when girls think 10+ year old BMW is better than brand new Civic just because its BMW. I know few girls who bought used BMW, Benz, etc because they wanted the brand image. And now they are hating it because the cars break down and it cost a lot of money to fix them.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by mister_jkd
What's really entertaining is Heavy Chevy's small P complex manifesting itself. That dog don't hunt too good. Glad more and more good people see through his masquerade.
Heavy's been around for a a while...he's knowledgable and an experienced driver...unlike most of the contributors here. He's definately got his opinions...but he's raised pretty valid points. And rather than counter-argue them, most noobs joining the forum dismiss him.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:46 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luce
Stillen sells plenty of 350Z parts, but other R&T tests involving Millen have the 350Z falling short on the track.

If the 350Z falls short, stillen profits, because the owners will start throwing mods at it, its common practice. Same goes for dynos.

On top of that dont you think it's convenient that Road & Track got the first test on U.S. soil? Being that he's their driver? Seems as if Nissan are playing their cards to the max. But they can only throw dirt in your eyes for so long.
Fat chance that a car that weighs 700 more lbs and traps 7 mph slower in the 1/4 mile will beat a Z06 around a circuit, and we'll see that for sure pretty soon.

I bet some new mystery driver shows up for the lightning lap. I'm thinking Tarzan, or a GT500 racer. Just watch.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:53 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mister_jkd
Pretty funny, I'm very opinionated, no doubt about that, but I dont let mags tell me what to believe as I've done enough driving to develope my own opinion and to someone knowledgable about the track, speed is in the details. And when the details show people drifting, or a Nissan tuner driving, or freezing temps for one lap, you cant take that seriously as a REAL tracking enthusiast.

That's why none of the GT-R fanboys can understand me, because use real world knowledge combined with more info to draw my conclusions as opposed to taking a magazine article that has all kinds of influence other than pure performance and believing it as law.

Maybe one day you'll actually learn something about tracking so you are so dependant on the magazines to tell you something they dont know, or cant find out, or are trying to impose anyways.

I spent 3 days at VIR this weekend, when was the last time you were on a track?

Old 03-19-2008, 08:57 PM
I own a Nissan yes. You have a problem with that? I also own an Acura, 997TT, and owned a 996TT. What is so funny about that?...snob.
Haha, I just don't understand your comment then about not being married? Snob? Name calling already? Tisk, tisk.

Originally Posted by Akira
So what you are saying is that your wife is gold digger? No offense, but if I was dating a girl who tells me my car is "just a Nissan," it would be major red flag for me. (If I was driving a Nissan that is.)
Now how do you figure that? I don't get the translation? Gold digger? Because some people would rather have the finer things in life is a good thing, especially when you work your ***** off to get something for yourself it helps you learn to apperciate things of a higher calibur.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Fat chance that a car that weighs 700 more lbs and traps 7 mph slower in the 1/4 mile will beat a Z06 around a circuit, and we'll see that for sure pretty soon.

I think GTR won because it can do +3 mph faster around the corners then ZO6 and 911 Turbo. Not because of it's 1/4 mile times. More grip = faster times around the track.

You should know, if you are faster coming out of corner at 3 mph, by the end of straight the difference will be more like +10 mph depending on the length of the track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R&T: GT-R vs ZO6 vs 911