997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

R&T: GT-R vs ZO6 vs 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 07:16 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
I was hesitant looking at the GT-R forums after listening to it's fans here. But actually they brought up good points and seem to have decent discussions and 6 speed is the Butt of their jokes due to the GT-R threads. I guess it only makes sense when the moderators allow an individual that has been banned from other forums to be the lead spokesman for the GT-R.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:21 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Strada

Insecurity > You

In all these threads you see lots of bickering and some insults, but NEVER has anyone been doing what you have in your few post. And that's turn your complete attention away from the topic and try to attack a person.

This is discussion and it's about something were passionate about so therefore it will spark passionate arguements. I'm free to post when I want to as long as I stay in the rules of the forum. So your whining and complaining cant do a thing about it.

In fact the majority of your 17 posts have been arguing with me, so I would call most of your time here unfruitful. Maybe you are better of elsewhere. Not telling you to leave, but if you are going to be here, you're going to have to put up with me, like it or not until they ban me. And I'll be typing the same things right up until the time my posting priveleges are removed.

When you gain mor automotive knowledge and stop taking things so personal, come back and we can have a battle of intellect, but as of now, it seems you have run short.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:22 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Strada lighten up. From what your friend said, other than you like to jump in the middle of controversy, you seem alright. Let's get back to cars and not name calling. (did you buy your Honda yet)?

Old 03-20-2008, 07:43 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
HC: I'm done with this, like I said, I find the way you argue to be condescending and not conducive to a discussion, if that means I'm insecure...OK? I'm not sure why you are claiming I'm insecure (which is oddly what I called you...) as I'm not really devoted to any camp, just looking for a chat once in a while WITHOUT a **** flinging contest. You and I clearly have a different opinion of what an ADULT discussion consists of, last I checked personal insults wasn't atop that list. If you wanna keep it up, thats your prerogative but no one else seems to actually call you out on your BS. And if there is one thing I hate, it is being a jerk to others for no reason. Sue me for thinking a bunch of mature (I use that term lightly), P-car owning enthusiast can have a discussion more respectfully than a bunch of pre-teens.
What is the point of saying something to you if you cry witch every time or tell someone they are stupid or crazy for believing anything other than what you believe. It's just not adult. You called me a fanboy, and all I posted was in defense of the 5 second gap FOR the Porsche, WTF?!!? I have no stake in the GTR, don't worry, no Nissan model came to service me.

Anyways, that is not how I discuss, and frankly like I said, I'm done trying to do that with you. I saw this thread in the first few pages before you posted, and I decided not to post and instead to wait to see what you had to say...and lo and behold, same kind of Nissan conspiracy and bias crap again...just futile to bother with that, just sparks another 10 pages of back and forth about who is dumb for believing anything.
If you can't see my point and you think that being an arrogant *** is your thing, thats fine, like I said, I have no problem other than it puts those I would actually have a discussion with on edge and thus another thread is wasted. I'm done insulting you, it's pointless and immature (I'll admit). You can go play in the corner with whoever wants to still try to talk to you.
EDIT: Gun to my head, I think you actually bring up lots of interesting perspectives and points that I wouldn't have considered, maybe a different approach to how you interact with others would serve you better.

Airflite: Sorry, I don't mean to come off combative. I was coming off a relatively aggressive day where a fellow colleague breached his professionalism like by throwing a tantrum and I was just sick of it.
Everyone that knows me, will vouch that I am one of the most easy going people always up for a chat (not tooting my own horn, I just don't take things that seriously unless they have to be).
As for the Honda, sorry, you might be disappointed, I found a Black on Black G35 that I think I'm gonna go for. The lack of two seats in the long run killed it for me. I can't decide in a few years that I need something with more room or space, but don't worry, one day I'll have an S, thats a promise to you and me .

In regards to the discussion, I would say I take the whole Steve Millen thing into consideration and that it wouldn't be impossible for some driving bias to have occurred even at a subconscious level maybe leading to a larger difference that otherwise might have been. I get the GTR is fast, but 5 seconds it a whopper of a difference. But again, I need to really digest the article this weekend when I have time. But until then, it seems more and more that the GTR is clearly underrated in power...otherwise some laws of physics seem to be non-applicable.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 03-20-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:53 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
All that just to agree with what I said in the first place.

Drama Queen!

Old 03-20-2008, 07:54 PM
I still think the big difference could be tires, and chassis setup. It just goes to show how close the cars are. From working with the Japanese, I know the Government used to pay for all their tooling, it really keeps their development costs down. So that helps explain how it can be developed cheaper.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:58 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by heavychevy
All that just to agree with what I said in the first place.

Drama Queen!

Whoa whoa chief, I never agreed with you. I said I found the time a bit suspect (read as weird) considering I haven't had time to read this new article thoroughly. And that was in my first post if you would have bothered to read.
I still honestly think the GTR is faster (don't you call me a fanboy, or I will turn this bus around). I am saying that you bring up some decent points, albeit like a jerk.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 03-20-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Oh ok, I see. Because I'm the only one around here that wont take it bent over, I'm a jerk. Yet all those who ridicule me are really nice guys.

Oh ok.

You're going on ignore so I'll bea jerk to everyone but you. Somehow you seem to be able to draw me from the topic at hand to argue about how my posts make you feel.

Worse than a girl.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:23 PM
What!?!?
Seriously, all you got from me saying "You bring up decent points, albeit like a jerk." Was that you are a jerk? I just gave you credit for being an original thinker and all you focus on is the negative. And you're calling me the girl??
This is my point, you make good points, and then ruin it with some sort of unnecessary inflammatory remark. So instead of addressing what you bring up, people respond to the **** that follows.

Also, I never once said anything about any other posters that agree with me being my all time favorite people in the world that I'd like to spend time with on an island. Christ you read too far into things...and for the last time, I brought up your **** as I feel that it serves to ruin perfectly good threads because you don't hear what you want. I have no problem that you feel that the GTR is one giant hoax/conspiracy, but **** me...behave like an adult. Sorry if wanting a bit of civility is too much and makes me a female...I guess I'll head back to girl scouts?
Want some thin mints or samoas?

Old 03-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by stradaONE8
Want some thin mints or samoas?
Thanks for bringing that up! Now I want thin Mints.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:30 PM
This is the internet forums about cars. If you want civility, go to the library.

You came in here with that same sarcastic b.s. about conspiracies, and then at the end agree with me. You are truly worse than a girl, make up your mind boy!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by airflite1

Me too, and my wife just got some.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by airflite1
Not a big fan really, I find mint appropriate for brushing teeth and gum, but in food it gets a bit iffy in most circumstances, some things I like. Mojitos = different story. But this is off topic. Sorry. Although wait, I want samoas, ****.

HC: Again, reading is clearly not your friend and despite my efforts to quell this squabble, you continue to just prove to everyone how right I am by acting like my desire for civility from adults is outrageous. So yes, I'm a girl (OH NOES!! someone on the intranets is questioning my masculinity ) and you're the same mental maturity of a 10 year old...as I've said before, enjoy your corner, I'm sure someone will come play with you.
They have civility at the library?? I always thought it was a quiet area...crap. Along with my apparent vagina I also need to refresh on what libraries are for...silly me has just been going to study there.

Finally, on topic, I'm gonna read this article for all that its worth sometime this weekend and come back with something worthwhile to discuss, as of now, I must figure out the different aspects of the various hypochromic/megaloblasti...whatever the hell, anemias that affect people, just what I need at 10:42pm.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 03-20-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by stradaONE8
Not a big fan really, I find mint appropriate for brushing teeth and gum, but in food it gets a bit iffy in most circumstances, some things I like. Mojitos = different story. But this is off topic. Sorry. Although wait, I want samoas, ****.

HC: Again, reading is clearly not your friend and despite my efforts to quell this squabble, you continue to just prove to everyone how right I am by acting like my desire for civility from adults is outrageous. So yes, I'm a girl (OH NOES!! someone on the intranets is questioning my masculinity ) and you're the same mental maturity of a 10 year old...as I've said before, enjoy your corner, I'm sure someone will come play with you.
They have civility at the library?? I always thought it was a quiet area...crap. Along with my apparent vagina I also need to refresh on what libraries are for...silly me has just been going to study there.

Finally, on topic, I'm gonna read this article for all that its worth sometime this weekend and come back with something worthwhile to discuss, as of now, I must figure out the different aspects of the various hypochromic/megaloblasti...whatever the hell, anemias that affect people, just what I need at 10:42pm.
And this isn't off topic? Trying to get people to lighten up and get back on topic.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:59 PM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
Is the tip 997 faster than the 6 sp? If so I wonder why it wasn't used?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R&T: GT-R vs ZO6 vs 911