997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

R&T: GT-R vs ZO6 vs 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 04:19 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Akira
Thank you for making it clear by providing a back up/data of your claim and not resulting to personal attack.

You are right, I have never driven a car. I have never attended Russell racing school (Beginner and Advanced) or raced at their formula light series at sears point raceway. (Now Infineon raceway) I don't have SCCA license and I am clueless about cars in general.
I provided my evidence when I proposed my arguements. What else do you want, me to force Stillen to admit he was sandbagging? I think him being slower than a mag editor speaks for itself. I think the corner speed from Car magazine speak for themselves. I think the smoke trailing the GT3 from Evo speaks for itself.

For someone to have "supposedly" done so many driver schools , you cant seem to establish an opinion of your own based on the infrmation given. Why is that? Can you not look at the EVO video and tell the guy was turning in late and TRYING to slide the car?

If not, you need to be seeking some refunds. I've heard your type make claims about this school and that they went to, but you have NOTHING to back it up and cant differentiate anything from a magazine, doesnt add up.

Something like the guy from NAGTROC that said he races for Porsche America!!!!!

Too bad he said it too many times for it to be beleivable that he knew its actually called Porsche CLUB OF America.

So forgive me if I'm not to quick to jump out of my seat with awe for your credentials.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Banned
ISO9001 is infamous around these parts
Do not try to surmount the sacred wisdom of the apple.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Banned
240ka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I provided my evidence when I proposed my arguements. What else do you want, me to force Stillen to admit he was sandbagging? I think him being slower than a mag editor speaks for itself. I think the corner speed from Car magazine speak for themselves. I think the smoke trailing the GT3 from Evo speaks for itself.

For someone to have "supposedly" done so many driver schools , you cant seem to establish an opinion of your own based on the infrmation given. Why is that? Can you not look at the EVO video and tell the guy was turning in late and TRYING to slide the car?

If not, you need to be seeking some refunds. I've heard your type make claims about this school and that they went to, but you have NOTHING to back it up and cant differentiate anything from a magazine, doesnt add up.

Something like the guy from NAGTROC that said he races for Porsche America!!!!!

Too bad he said it too many times for it to be beleivable that he knew its actually called Porsche CLUB OF America.

So forgive me if I'm not to quick to jump out of my seat with awe for your credentials.

how about lets see some evidence yu can provide of just one 911 TT outperforming a GT-R.

dont worry ill wait...

Old 03-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Banned
I was going to buy a GTR and follow heavycheavy to every trackday and beat him until he admits the truth. But Steve Millen, Chris Harris and a few others have told me to wait in line.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:04 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ISO9001
I was going to buy a GTR and follow heavycheavy to every trackday and beat him until he admits the truth. But Steve Millen, Chris Harris and a few others have told me to wait in line.
Oh please, braggart.

If you get a GT-R, we'll settle this at Road America. Unless you drive as well as Millen, we'll see who wins.

Last edited by bbywu; 03-21-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:36 PM
rafiki is infamous around these parts

Heavy, you're getting beyond desperate when you try and reduce the argument to the minutiae.

You're too emotive about the GTR...you were that way before all the tests came out and you still believe what you believed back then.(Rigidchevy).

Independent tests = verifiable and repeatable and objective

yes...some maybe more independent than others...but guess what, it doesn't matter, the end result is the same!

The earth is not flat!

Old 03-22-2008, 02:34 AM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about

My experience in nothing compared to those drivers on comparison test. I race for hobby, those people in the magazine does it for living. That's the difference. And you shouldn't be even close to being "awe" of my credentials because I know many people who is better driver then I am. Just go to one of those "arrive and drive" events.

You can believe what you want, but I've seen enough about GTR from various magazines to know that this car is faster. And I am not believing the result of just one magazine blindly as you say I am. It's every magazine published so far. Maybe it's time for you to jump ship, your boat is sinking...

Old 03-22-2008, 04:59 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by bbywu
Oh please, braggart.

If you get a GT-R, we'll settle this at Road America. Unless you drive as well as Millen, we'll see who wins.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:19 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I was going to buy a GTR and follow heavycheavy to every trackday and beat him until he admits the truth.

Please do, I'd love to see that one.

But unfortunately like most fanboys, the ones doing all the talking wont be the ones driving, I've seen several of you talk trash until you get called on it and then the glaring fact surfaces that you cant even get a GT-R.

Feels great to argue about something you'll never get to prove huh. I'll get my chance in the near future and you wont like the results.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by Akira
My experience in nothing compared to those drivers on comparison test. I race for hobby, those people in the magazine does it for living. That's the difference. And you shouldn't be even close to being "awe" of my credentials because I know many people who is better driver then I am. Just go to one of those "arrive and drive" events.

You can believe what you want, but I've seen enough about GTR from various magazines to know that this car is faster. And I am not believing the result of just one magazine blindly as you say I am. It's every magazine published so far. Maybe it's time for you to jump ship, your boat is sinking...

Arrive and drive event? Did you mean DE?

I hope you are from another country, because if you dont know what a DE is then your credentials have really failed you.

And then, right back to the magazines, what a surprise.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Banned
Please do, I'd love to see that one.

But unfortunately like most fanboys, the ones doing all the talking wont be the ones driving, I've seen several of you talk trash until you get called on it.
I think you're confusing me with you. How many forums now heavychevy, how many? You're like an internet bum that wanders from forum to forum until you are forced to leave.

Feels great to argue about something you'll never get to prove huh. I'll get my chance in the near future and you wont like the results.
No I won't like the results. The result will be that you come back on here, or crop-up on one of your other e-park-benches, and drop a huge whinge bomb, resulting in another 1000 pages of excuses.

I love Porsches. I love GTRs. I love all quick cars. But to date, you represent the strongest reason I can find never to buy a Porsche. The pure fear that Porsche ownership might degenerate me into a babbling whinge merchant is encouraging me to steer well clear. Please notify me of any other cars you own so that I may avoid them too.

If your marvellous track experience allows you to provide us with video footage or verifiable times that back up anything you say, then come back and enter it into sensible debate. Until then you have nothing to offer but garbled hearsay and superstition. I am already deaf to your voice. You are the Mr. Garrison of the internet. "The GTR isn't faster." "I'm not gay."

It's amazing how one can argue for so long in the complete absence of substantiating evidence.

Last edited by ISO9001; 03-22-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:32 AM
I think you're confusing me with you. How many forums now heavychevy, how many? You're like an internet bum that wanders from forum to forum until you are forced to leave.For every bit of talking I do, there is an adequate amount of track driving and learning and experience. So what is your point again? Oh yeah, you just spout a bunch of nothing and have no real knowledge to back it up just like the rest of the fanboys.

My posting priveleges were removed from one (GT-R) forum, and it was because those who dish it out cant take it. Not because I broke any forum rules, they just got sick of looking stupid with realistic information and kept complaining to the moderators.

No I won't like the results. The result will be that you come back on here, or crop-up on one of your other e-park-benches, and drop a huge whinge bomb, resulting in another 1000 pages of excuses. Well you bring your GT-R and we'll see about that.

Oh yeah I forgot, you arent getting one, all talk.

I love Porsches. I love GTRs. I love all quick cars. But to date, you represent the strongest reason I can find never to buy a Porsche. The pure fear that Porsche ownership might degenerate me into a babbling whinge merchant is encouraging me to steer well clear. Please notify me of any other cars you own so that I may avoid them too. You joined this forum as a troll and will always be a troll, I love cars of all kinds and have owned them, I'm far from a fanboy of any particular marquee, I participate in discussion like this about many cars all the time. This is normal for me. If your decision to buy a Porsche is based on me then please dont.

If your marvellous track experience allows you to provide us with video footage or verifiable times that back up anything you say, then come back and enter it into sensible debate. Until then you have nothing to offer but garbled hearsay and superstition. I am already deaf to your voice. You are the Mr. Garrison of the internet. "The GTR isn't faster." "I'm not gay."

It's amazing how one can argue for so long in the complete absence of substantiating evidence.
My evidence is looking you in the face, just like the rest of you, but you seem to only be able to understand black and white when racing and especially the media has several gray areas.

The difference between me and the likes of you is that I'll be out testing and prooving my theories, you'll let the magazines tell you everything (at least what you want to know) while you ignore the small details.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:41 AM
93oh is infamous around these parts
Well, do believe that having say Hurley Haywood drive 997 and Millen drive the Nissan would be interesting. I would find it hard to believe that the car is faster but if it is, it is.

It still looks like a pumped up G37. Car is hideous looking. (IMHO) And if you just want fast buy an old supra save the added markup that this car will undoubtedly bring. How is it a bargain when they are getting some 15-20k above MSRP? That money is lost the minute you pay it.

e

Old 03-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Banned
240ka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 93oh
Well, do believe that having say Hurley Haywood drive 997 and Millen drive the Nissan would be interesting. I would find it hard to believe that the car is faster but if it is, it is.

It still looks like a pumped up G37. Car is hideous looking. (IMHO) And if you just want fast buy an old supra save the added markup that this car will undoubtedly bring. How is it a bargain when they are getting some 15-20k above MSRP? That money is lost the minute you pay it.

e

completely absurd. saying the GT-R looks even remotely like a G37 is pure hateration. or anything else nissan has made.

I love the 911 turbo, GT3 and GT2. but the design is boring b/c its virturally unchanged over the course of 40 years. most people cant tell the difference between a 911 carerra, 911 TT, GT3 or GT2. they dont know what makes each more special than the other. all they know is that its just "another Porsche" then they go back to what they were doing.

the GT-R is modern, muscular, harder, screams fast, looks tough, and most importantly. DIFFERENT which will stop what someone is doing, grab their attention and keep it.

and that goes for when its sitting next to a Carrera, 911 TT, GT3 or GT2. only thing that would share attention with the GT-R or take some atttention away from the GT-R is the Carrera GT.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:30 AM
LOL, little children, because someone doesnt like the look of the GT-R you go on a full out attack of Porsche models looks.

Insecurity much?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R&T: GT-R vs ZO6 vs 911