997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

R&T: GT-R vs ZO6 vs 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Can we stop the bickering ladies??? This has already gotten way outta hand!

Old 03-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Banned
240ka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
LOL, little children, because someone doesnt like the look of the GT-R you go on a full out attack of Porsche models looks.

Insecurity much?

sorry heavy but thats wasnt an attack on the 911. its a fact that most people will agree its design is dated and needs change. and more change than the little changes porsche has made over the course of 40 years

i mean look at the refresh

Last edited by 240ka; 03-22-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:54 AM
93oh is infamous around these parts
hateration? lol . . . The Porsche is a legend for a reason, the same reason that every car maker prays to instill some of that mystique in their own models by targeting each model of the 911 in their performance testing. Ie the gimmicks that Nissan attempted by rattling off Ring lap times.

As I stated "IMHO" the car looks like the G37 with revised angles.

By the way, ever see a car maker attempt to mimic an altima?

If you never drove a Porsche, more specifically the turbo, you may not understand what I am saying.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by 93oh
hateration? lol . . . The Porsche is a legend for a reason, the same reason that every car maker prays to instill some of that mystique in their own models by targeting each model of the 911 in their performance testing. Ie the gimmicks that Nissan attempted by rattling off Ring lap times.

If you never drove a Porsche, more specifically the turbo, you may not understand what I am saying.

well to bad the Gimmick has now set the new benchmark

Old 03-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Banned

while i dont own a porsche. I have driven and continue to drive 911 turbos, Carreras, a GT3 and a CGT. all of which are cars one of my friends own. and i most definitely know what makes the porsche stand above the rest.

when i frist starting driving them i was completely amazed and still think they are great cars. and the CGT is ****ing scary and insane b.c its nothing for the back end to come out from under you

But Nissan has done their job, set the new benchmark "and the best 911 ever made" as quoted is the NIssan GT-R

Last edited by 240ka; 03-22-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:22 AM
93oh is infamous around these parts
Well, look, if you believe that the GTR is a better car a "bench mark" ok. But, riding around the block is different than engaging yourself in the car.

Here is my test for you to really think about. . . Same money, so that the financial issue doesn't drive your decision. GTR or 997tt? If you chose GTR you need more seat time in a Porsche.

In my mind there is no doubt that the 997 is a better built, better looking and, yes, faster. (look at traps and weight of the GTR vs. 997tt)

Old 03-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Sonzilla is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
Can we stop the bickering ladies??? This has already gotten way outta hand!
You guys are simply infected with a Trojan HC virus.

Since a Trojan HC have a variety of forms, there is no single method to deleting them. The simplest responses involve clearing the temporary internet files on a computer, or finding the file and deleting it manually. Normally, anti-virus software is able to detect and remove the trojan HC automatically. If the antivirus cannot find it, booting the computer from alternate media(cd) may allow an antivirus program to find a trojan HC and delete it. You can also contact your Administrator for further instructions on the removal.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:48 PM
NeedSpeed is infamous around these parts
Is there more to a car than #'s/stats?

Old 03-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Banned
Well, look, if you believe that the GTR is a better car a "bench mark" ok. But, riding around the block is different than engaging yourself in the car.

Here is my test for you to really think about. . . Same money, so that the financial issue doesn't drive your decision. GTR or 997tt? If you chose GTR you need more seat time in a Porsche.

In my mind there is no doubt that the 997 is a better built, better looking and, yes, faster. (look at traps and weight of the GTR vs. 997tt)

haha you're a funny guy. your bias is speaking now.

reviews have already commented on the GT-R interior being on par with the 911's and the car feeling tough as nails an being built to take abuse.

so i laugh as thoses statments. you are sounding like heavy now.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by NeedSpeed
Is there more to a car than #'s/stats?

youre right we are talking about the endless track results. numbers and stats are no longer a concern now that the vehicle is on the track and showing its numbers and stats areny hype

Old 03-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Banned
ISO9001 is infamous around these parts
Heavychevy. Have you ever considered that magazine testers may be deliberately going slow in the Z06 and 911 just so that they can laugh at your reaction?

Old 03-22-2008, 01:42 PM
dblock06 is infamous around these parts
Hey guess what fellas?

In the new car and driver magazine, they ran the GT-R in the 1/4th and it ran a 11.5@124 MPH

I dont have the scans yet

Old 03-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Banned
ISO9001 is infamous around these parts
For every bit of talking I do, there is an adequate amount of track driving and learning and experience.
That is completely impossible. There are only 24 hours in a day.

So what is your point again? Oh yeah, you just spout a bunch of nothing and have no real knowledge to back it up just like the rest of the fanboys.
My point? I'm not sure anymore, I'm too busy laughing. I think it was something to do with you not being able to accept an overwhelming amount of evidence that the GTR is faster than the current 911TT and GT3.

I hope the new 911TT is better, as it will move the game one. However, for some reason I feel that if exactly the same testers drive the new 911 faster than the GTR, they will be instantly transformed from ******-bags to motoring gods, and their tests will be the only perfectly legitimate and fair tests. Funny old thing that.

My posting priveleges were removed from one (GT-R) forum, and it was because those who dish it out cant take it. Not because I broke any forum rules, they just got sick of looking stupid with realistic information and kept complaining to the moderators.
Now if only moderators could remove your breeding priviledges. I think you'll find that you broke many rules, or more laws really, the laws of physics that is.

Well you bring your GT-R and we'll see about that.

Oh yeah I forgot, you arent getting one, all talk.
I heard you smashed your Scalextric track when a scale model GTR beat your GT2 anyway.

You joined this forum as a troll and will always be a troll, I love cars of all kinds and have owned them, I'm far from a fanboy of any particular marquee, I participate in discussion like this about many cars all the time. This is normal for me. If your decision to buy a Porsche is based on me then please dont.
I joined this forum as a Porsche fan and have owned a 993TT in the past. I came mainly for up-to-date Porsche information but that doesn't mean that I can't watch the sideshow does it?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imvWmqndp8Q[/media]

My evidence is looking you in the face, just like the rest of you, but you seem to only be able to understand black and white when racing and especially the media has several gray areas.
Such as? R&T tested the vehicles as stock just as the other testers have. I'm sorry if you thought the 911 and Z06 should have been on Yokohama A048s or some kind of napalm superglue rubber. That's not the way stock vs stock testing goes.

The difference between me and the likes of you is that I'll be out testing and pooing my theories, you'll let the magazines tell you everything (at least what you want to know) while you ignore the small details.
Answer me this. Have you ever driven any GTR? R32, 33, 34 or 35?

Old 03-22-2008, 01:48 PM
RiceEater is infamous around these parts

+1 in agreement with your statement. I can accept that a GT-R may perform better in certain arenas, but it has a long way to go before being considered the "benchmark" for sports cars.

I doubt we'll be reading articles with the words "almost as fast as a GTR" or "faster than a GTR!" Everyone's going to say, WTF is a GT-R?

It is what it is: an expensive, fast Nissan. And there's nothing wrong with that. But if a GT-R owner drives it around thinking that people wanted it more than a Porsche 911, they'd be sorely mistaken. There is nothing classic about the GT-R, and like many mentioned here: its big and its ugly.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 240ka
and the CGT is ****ing scary and insane b.c its nothing for the back end to come out from under you
stop the f bombs please.

and

oh forget it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R&T: GT-R vs ZO6 vs 911