997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

R&T: GT-R vs ZO6 vs 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 12:46 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 240ka
well the looks tell which car looks better to most people. and no i dont have a GT-R yet.

but me not owning one doesnt change the facts and outcome
Soooo...that's a NO?

Old 03-24-2008, 12:50 PM
RiceEater is infamous around these parts
again brush up on your definitions of imitation and copy. you should know that is the 911 is rear engine and the GT-R is mid. that means that the GT-R and 911 are nothing alike. meaning far from imitation and mos def far from a copy
Still waiting for an answer here, given that they used a 911 Turbo during development, and the fact that the old GTR's were based on making a 959 on a budget.

If you can prove that the GTR has progressed over the past 40 years to what it is now, then maybe you have something. My guess is that you don't.

And its for this reason that we buy our 911's and not GTR's. 911's are ALWAYS the benchmark over the years, and this one off Nissan will ALWAYS be trying to catch up to it.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Same old 240ka. All talk. All ego.

Don't care if I have a crowd around my car.

Don't care about badging.

I've offered a few laps at the track, you didn't bite...made up a bunch of excuses...bottom line...you don't own one. Oh yeah...but you had "seat time". Are you accepting now?

Same old 240ka.
Exactly, this guy is WORTHLESS. Another migrant from the Ricer civic forum. These guys will never get it.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Banned
240ka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RiceEater
If you really believe that people will crowd around you in awe over your GT-R, you're going to be in for a big shock.

Again, YOU seem to be the one with the badge issue.

Porsche owners in general do not care about crowd pleasing and attention. It's the reason why we bought a 911. It's simple and doesn't scream for attention like a green Lambo or red Ferrari. If you want some attention, you should buy one of those.

yeah ok,maybe you want to lok back through all the 911 vs GT-R threads here and see how many times some pcar owners resorted to "its just a nissan" after the GT-Rs facts, numbers and stats stacked against the 911

Old 03-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned
Still waiting for an answer here, given that they used a 911 Turbo during development, and the fact that the old GTR's were based on making a 959 on a budget.

If you can prove that the GTR has progressed over the past 40 years to what it is now, then maybe you have something. My guess is that you don't.

And its for this reason that we buy our 911's and not GTR's. 911's are ALWAYS the benchmark over the years, and this one off Nissan will ALWAYS be trying to catch up to it.

well one thing has changed and the 911 TT is no longer the benchmark. the GT-R is. now porsche is the one playing catch up. its funny how some of you fanboys can make people dislike a car b/c of badge whoring.

ive always been a fan of many cars and brands but it was never based on the badge they wore.

a car is a car. and thats the way true car enthusiast see it. a badge doesnt make one car better than the other. well to some of you it does

Last edited by 240ka; 03-24-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:00 PM
yeah ok,maybe you want to lok back through all the 911 vs GT-R threads here and see how many times some pcar owners resorted to "its just a nissan" after the GT-Rs facts, numbers and stats stacked against the 911
Well I got some sad news for you: the Nissan GT-R really IS just a Nissan

Do you have a problem with that? It is what it is. Sorry to have to break it to you.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:02 PM
well one thing has changed and the 911 TT is no longer the benchmark. the GT-R is. now porsche is the one playing catch up. its funny how some of you fanboys can make people dislike a car b/c of badge whoring.

ive always been a fan of many cars and brands but it was never based on the badge they wore.

a car is a car. and thats the way true car enthusiast see it. a badge doesnt make one car better than the other. well to some of you it does
Really? So where are all the proud owners? Where are all the articles stating, "new Ferrari F430 Scuderia targeting Nissan's GTR"?

My friend, you are seriously disillusioned. Show me an article, any article where they claim the GTR is the benchmark to beat for any car.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !
I would have thought that the GTR would have been faster accelerating. it got to 60mph as fast as the others but after that fell behind, well behind. so if you run one on the hwy in a z06 or 997TT you will win.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:07 PM

Again as expected, no direct answer to my question. The only person doing badge whoring here is YOU.

You can be a fan all you like, the fact of the matter is that you don't own either of these cars. The one owner we have on this site owns an GT3 RS and a GTR, and he is considering selling his current GTR for a c63 or v Spec (if and when it ever comes out). His RS is staying in place, just like most owners.

You have ZERO credibility. Sucks to be you.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Banned
Well I got some sad news for you: the Nissan GT-R really IS just a Nissan

Do you have a problem with that? It is what it is. Sorry to have to break it to you.

i sure dont b/c the "NISSAN" blows your beloved 911 TT off the map. do you have a problem with that?

if you didnt then you wouldnt be hating on the GT-R. if it was just a mere Datsun/Nissan you wouldnt even waste your time comparing it to the 911 TT b/c you wouldnt see it as a competitior.

but we know thats not true, now dont we? or else you wouldnt have as many post as you do hating on the GT-R now thats funny

Old 03-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Banned
Again as expected, no direct answer to my question. The only person doing badge whoring here is YOU.

You can be a fan all you like, the fact of the matter is that you don't own either of these cars. The one owner we have on this site owns an GT3 RS and a GTR, and he is considering selling his current GTR for a c63 or v Spec (if and when it ever comes out). His RS is staying in place, just like most owners.

You have ZERO credibility. Sucks to be you.

haha you make me laugh man, look at how defensive you are. its just sad hahah

dont worry man, you can always look to another day. its not the end of the world. porsche will answer back

Old 03-24-2008, 01:14 PM
i sure dont b/c the "NISSAN" blows your beloved 911 TT off the map. do you have a problem with that?

if you didnt then you wouldnt be hating on the GT-R. if it was just a mere Datsun/Nissan you wouldnt even waste your time comparing it to the 911 TT b/c you wouldnt see it as a competitior.

but we know thats not true, now dont we? or else you wouldnt have as many post as you do hating on the GT-R now thats funny

Again, spoken like a true mag racer! The GTR has not blown any TT off the map. You make it sound like its a Veyron or something

And I never compared your GTR to the 997TT, the media does and did. And so did Nissan when they developed it. I doubt I'd even look at one on the freeway because it'd be driven by an immature kid leasing it through his parents

My posts don't hate on the GT-R. They hate on fanboys like you, that don't own any high performance cars but come on here trolling as if they have an opinion that anyone cares about.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:16 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Just curious, what was the first car to break the 8 minute mile at the ring?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:18 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
obviously you didnt get the point of talking jets or the others.

he was talking about technoloy helping things get better for the few that want to use "anolog is better" arguement to debunk the GT-R.
And your not understanding the fun to fly or for that matter fun to drive factor. I really think all these GR-R threads need to move to the Off topic since they no longer have anything to do with upkeep and tuning of the cars whose treads they show up in!

Old 03-24-2008, 01:18 PM
haha you make me laugh man, look at how defensive you are. its just sad hahah

dont worry man, you can always look to another day. its not the end of the world. porsche will answer back
I'm defensive? Not at all, my friend.

You've contributed nothing to this forum except stirring the pot. And that's okay. I'm bored today.

If anything, we ARE laughing at YOU. The more you post, the more you show that you don't own **** or have any experience behind the wheel of a nice car. It's as plain as day.

But that's ok 240. When the Nissan is finally yours, you will be king. Keep saving up those paychecks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R&T: GT-R vs ZO6 vs 911