997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

R&T: GT-R vs ZO6 vs 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 02:45 PM
RiceEater is infamous around these parts
Why give up? I'm having so much fun

I'm sure you are too, since you have ZERO reasons to justify your worth here. But I'm all ears, and as I mentioned, when you post, I'll be right there waiting for you.

Last edited by RiceEater; 03-24-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:48 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RiceEater
You have now certified that you are dumbass. You also now have several (please double check my definition here 240Webster) posts about what a troll you are and how we want to ban and ignore you.

You've also given insight to the fact that YOU do not understand the english language. Not only do you try to correct members here with REAL experience, you also try to correct people appropriately using the english language.

I'm sorry kid. You've been called out and have had ZERO success in making a comeback.

Continue to post all you like. I'll be right here making sure everyone sees you for the joke that you are.

I'll even start your official fan club. Fans of banning 240ka.

I'll start the vote...

1. RiceEater
3.airflite1

Let's see how far this thing goes
It is starting to get old!

Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Can we please, PLEASE, at least require the newbs to have a f*cking triple digit IQ? PLEASE? Is that too much to ask? Just a hundy! That's all I'm looking for here. Just kids who don't have to have velcro instead of laces! Is that setting the bar too high?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Old 03-24-2008, 03:36 PM
T.Marc Jones is infamous around these parts
the GTR seems pretty nasty; this thread is very amusing :-) one thing to consider is that the 997 Turbo was the design target for Nissan effectively, so it should not be surprising that the GTR exceeds the Turbo's performance, etc.

also, what we may be witnessing is the new enthusiasm, where the skills and capabilities and such are baked into the car and your price of admission grants you access to those capabilities.

it seems the days of buying a car and then having a steep learning curve to be able to use it are over. now it seems the new enthusiast wants to have more immediate access to the car's potential -- right awa

i've followed the whole GTR global introduction with great interest; it is a great car in its own right; however my preference is porsche due to the learning curve aspect .. to each his or her own

also, for sake of disclosure I also drive a MazdaSpeed 6 (I only buy from companies who have won Lemans out right :-))

cheers!

Old 03-24-2008, 04:24 PM
93oh is infamous around these parts
And finally . . . who cares about the GTR. Do other other internet forums deal with stroking the egos of people who idolize that particular car.

Otherwise, its fast, magazines say so it must be. And its ugly, whooops did I say that? Yup, ugly. And last time I checked this was a forum for PORSCHES. You know the german car, that isn't to be confused with the fast ugly one that "certain", troll like creatures keep lauding as the second coming (or first coming depending upon your religious affiliations).

Back to the Porsche stuff: Already I questioned my sanity in commenting on why the 997 tt is better than a Nissan to people who own neither, will buy neither and, in turn, don't know much apart from 20 year Nissan Devotee can drive the Nissan better.

Have an idea . . . go to viperalley post how the GTR rules! Viper guys love that stuff.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:25 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 240ka
various? maybe you should look that up in the dictionary along with imitation and copy.

i only see 3 or 4 members attempting to call me out. which makes a FEW not various
Hey *** wipe! Why don't you just go away. Nobody is responding because nobody wants to deal with your sorry fanboi ***! We don't need your immaturity here.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:37 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
thats cool but lets see how many people looks at your car when sitting in the parking lot along side a GT-R. i bet the crowd stand aruond the GT-R

plus lets see whats happens at the track

Yes, surrounded by poser fan boys like yourself.

We'll see what happens on the track, that's for sure.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:15 PM
93oh is infamous around these parts
So long as the crowd is 16 years of age or younger . . . Otherwise, is that the new G38 ?

Keep it moving . . .

Old 03-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by 93oh
So long as the crowd is 16 years of age or younger . . . Otherwise, is that the new G38 ?

Keep it moving . . .
No offense to MiniD. You are years beyond your age.

These other Gran Turismo Playstation drivers are driving me nuts!

Old 03-24-2008, 05:55 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RiceEater
No offense to MiniD. You are years beyond your age.

These other Gran Turismo Playstation drivers are driving me nuts!
Wait, is that a compliment?

I actually know a TON more than majority of the members here. Many members that I know in person like Heavychevy could vouch for that. I've also grown up around Porsches and racing my whole life.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Scryer_360 is infamous around these parts
?

This thread is still going?

I hereby award this thread the "Most likely to be a zombie thread 5 years from now" Barnstar.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:05 PM
sorry heavy but thats wasnt an attack on the 911. its a fact that most people will agree its design is dated and needs change. and more change than the little changes porsche has made over the course of 40 years

i mean look at the refresh
Porsche's design will never look out dated. It's the history of the company that matters.

Readin ur posts maks me feal lik im readin my sisters IMs.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Wait, is that a compliment?

I actually know a TON more than majority of the members here. Many members that I know in person like Heavychevy could vouch for that. I've also grown up around Porsches and racing my whole life.
It's definitely a compliment, MiniD. For a young guy, you understand what's going on. I didn't want to generalize about all teenagers, which is why I plugged you as the exception

240ka and other GTR fanboys who never drove the car or never watched a race which Nissan ever won will continue to troll our forums like the plague. If Playstation says its fast, it really must be

Old 03-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Scryer_360 is infamous around these parts
A point that I don't think has been made here yet is what an actual race would turn out to be. What if the 997TT and the GT-R were to actually square off against each other, not just do timed laps?

That, I think, is where we'd find the TT beats it. The TT gets off the line much faster than the GT-R, anyone knows this. It could indeed be slower in the corners than the GT-R, but is the GT-R fast enough in corners to get around the TT? Or the Z06? Could it actually get around the TT when the TT is in front of it, hitting an apex?

Thats where I would agree the GT-R fails. Because it is so heavy, even if it carries more speed into the corners 3mph isn't really enough to get around a TT. Hence, it could put down better numbers on the track, but the TT would still emerge victorious. The GT-R would have to take a wider line to get around the TT but then there goes those corner time advantages.

Its the same with my bringing up the 320si and the MC12. The 320si is running FIA races with the deck stacked against it (it loses 15 kg in the rear whilst its fwd competitors get 15 kg up front), and the MC12 has been running weight penalties since its inception. But the 320si still wins, and (with the exception of recently) the MC12 has still won FIA races.

Even though other cars then start putting down better numbers after the weight is added (or subtracted in the 320si's case), it doesn't make all the difference in the world when its time to actually race.

Similarly, like I said above, the GT-R may be able to lap a track faster than a TT when its out there alone, but with another car in front of you? Thats when things get iffy.

Last edited by Scryer_360; 03-24-2008 at 06:50 PM. Reason: just corrected some spelling and added a line
Old 03-24-2008, 06:52 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Porsche's design will never look out dated. It's the history of the company that matters.

Readin ur posts maks me feal lik im readin my sisters IMs.
MiniD is well beyond his years in knowledge about cars, tracking and driving skill. No doubt about that. He's a Porschefile, but so are many of us.

MiniD will be carrying the Porsche Torche and kicking GT-R butt in due time. I'd put money on that.

But until then. ME FIRST.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:56 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scryer_360
A point that I don't think has been made here yet is what an actual race would turn out to be. What if the 997TT and the GT-R were to actually square off against each other, not just do timed laps?

That, I think, is where we'd find the TT beats it. The TT gets off the line much faster than the GT-R, anyone knows this. It could indeed be slower in the corners than the GT-R, but is the GT-R fast enough in corners to get around the TT? Or the Z06? Could it actually get around the TT when the TT is in front of it, hitting an apex?

Thats where I would agree the GT-R fails. Because it is so heavy, even if it carries more speed into the corners 3mph isn't really enough to get around a TT. Hence, it could put down better numbers on the track, but the TT would still emerge victorious. The GT-R would have to take a wider line to get around the TT but then there goes those corner time advantages.

Its the same with my bringing up the 320si and the MC12. The 320si is running FIA races with the deck stacked against it (it loses 15 kg in the rear whilst its fwd competitors get 15 kg up front), and the MC12 has been running weight penalties since its inception. But the 320si still wins, and (with the exception of recently) the MC12 has still won FIA races.

Even though other cars then start putting down better numbers after the weight is added (or subtracted in the 320si's case), it doesn't make all the difference in the world when its time to actually race.

Similarly, like I said above, the GT-R may be able to lap a track faster than a TT when its out there alone, but with another car in front of you? Thats when things get iffy.

That's a good point, lapping all by the lonesome and earning a pass are two different things.

I'd like to see that happen.

Any GT-R fanboys that are actually going to get one?

And of those who will get one, any good drivers?

Sorry but I think I just eliminated all the fanboys on this forum.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R&T: GT-R vs ZO6 vs 911