997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

R&T: GT-R vs ZO6 vs 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 04:14 PM
ihatepotholes is infamous around these partsihatepotholes is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Scryer_360
DHinkle brings up another good point w/ No. 4. While the GT-Rs brakes will undoubtedly last longer than the M3's (a car that is often thrown into this mix for fun), the TT and GT3's brakes will go an aeon longer than the GT-R. I don't know what brakes on the GT-R for sure but I think I read 4 piston someplace, where as the P cars are using 6 piston. Add lighter car versus heavier car into the mix, and yet another small victory for the P car.

I would like to re-affirm my support for the GT-R though. Regardless of the fact that in the end, the GT-R may never earn a lap off the TT, the GT-R has still done what it was expected to do: run in the TT's league. So maybe the magazines have posted rigged times (I don't think thats the case but lets say it was), the GT-R can't be that much slower based on what we have seen. For less than half the cost you can get performance that will at least stick on the edge of the 997 TT, and has much more utility.

Just imagine if someone were to take the greatest performance mod of all to this car: the free one. Get rid of the stereo, back seat, all the dead weight of the car, and bring it down just 100lbs. That changes things a lot I'd bet. Start adding a few dollars to remove more weight (lightweight bodykit to replace some of the current kit, maybe lightweight exhaust and headers, new cats), and shave another 100-200lbs. Now what do you have?

The TT is already pretty Spartan, not GT3 Spartan but its not so full of kit. There isn't much to hack off it. The GT-R can lose weight seemingly everywhere though.

I doubt it'd be long before we see someone shave 400lbs off this car. Then what happens? If it can indeed carry more speed in the corners, and now all that weight is off its shoulders, imagine the performance then. And you'd still of not paid the money for the TT by the time you are done.

Is the P car finished? No. Not by a long shot. But then again even General Motors manages to sell cars when someone beats them (even after a long time). The GT-R is a new era. Things only go up from here.
its 6 pistons...

Old 03-25-2008, 04:49 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
GT-R at Stillen. Yet I doubt the recent article was biased in any any way.

It’s that time again! STILLEN is excited to invite all NISSAN and INFINITI owners to attend our annual Customer Appreciation day. We have been holding these events for over 10 years and each year it gets bigger and bigger. Last year we had nearly 800 customized cars in attendance. In the past we have shut down 250 yards of Airway Avenue in front of our headquarters. This year, we have gone to the city of Costa Mesa and extended that an additional 100 yards…Over 3 football fields, plus our parking lot full of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles. Parking will not be an issue this year, we are opening the outside lot at 8am, and the gates of STILLEN will be open at 9am. As you know we offer free installation on selected items such as; exhaust, intake, sway bars, etc. In years past we have had to turn away installations because of so many people taking advantage of the great offers. This year we will have more technicians so we can accommodate everyone in taking advantage of the specials. We will be displaying our 350Z, G35s, Sentra, Altima Coupe, Titans, Frontiers as well as Steve Millen’s legendary 300ZX Twin Turbo Nissan Race Car, driven to numerous victories and championships in the IMSA Sports Car Series, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans, 24 Hours of Daytona and 12 Hours of Sebring. And a full assortment of STILLEN performance products will be on display along with our knowledgeable team to answer any of your questions. For the past few years Nissan North America has sent out representatives to unveil new car models. Last year we got a sneak preview of the Nismo 350Z and Altima Coupe. Nissan has already confirmed that they will be bringing out at least one, possibly two new models. We will also have Editors and representatives from many of the largest import performance aftermarket magazines in attendance to see all of the great Nissan / Infiniti projects at the show. Invitations have been sent to all of our top vendors to put their new products on display at the show. Parking Lot Opens at 8am STILLEN Gates Open At 9am Tech Sessions - Superchargers, Suspension, Brakes and more… Food provided by the Boy Scout’s of America and they will receive all proceeds. Discounted Dyno Runs - $75.00 for 3 pulls Nissan North America Representatives New Nissan Models To Be Unveiled Live The National Guard Remembrance G35 Coupe The New STILLEN Turbocharged Altima Coupe Awards At The Event: - Editor’s Choice - Fan Favorite - Steve Millen’s Choice National Magazine Presence More Mechanics - More Opportunities For Free Installs Raffles and Giveaways Sneak Peek Of New Products http://www.stillen.com/news.asp?id=79 (http://www.stillen.com/news.asp?id=79)

Old 03-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Porsche seats are build like tanks, and weigh like them too.
I remember either a newspaper article or a Porsche ad for the late 80's early- 90's where a 928 owner was carjacked and shot at. The bullet didn't penetrate the Porsche OEM seat and probably saved his life.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
HAHA That's awesome.

I thought I was exhaggereating a little bit, but maybe not.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:42 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 240ka
haha hater man. the only way the GT-R could be an imitation 911 is if Nissan copied from the 911 and the gt-r would be rear engine if that was the case.

Nissan didnt need to copy porsche in anyway to out do it.

So the GT-R is far from an imitation. but if that makes you feel better at the end of the day. say what you need to. hey, as i said to heavy. if you want to believe the sky is blue go ahead. but everyone disagrees with you.

as quote. "the GT-R is the best 911 ever"
#2 how many attacks do I need to list before you get it?