997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anyone have a good salesman at Newport Beach Porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:24 AM
wallmon is infamous around these parts
Everybody does it, or at least should, but knocking the doors down as you enter the dealership will likely get you nowhere. I got them to take a haircut on both my C4S and the new TT Cab I just ordered. Much of what you get is based upon the "rarity" of the model and the age of the inventory they might be sitting on. Some dealers will give you squat and take immense pleasure in doing so, but ya got to give it a shot. Developing a relationship with the dealers executives over time is also worthwhile.

Last edited by wallmon; 03-21-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:40 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
This thread is a big misunderstanding seriously. It should be dropped. He's just looking for a good deal and a good guy to deal with. Not looking ot kill anyone.

Trust me if there is anyone on here that hates a grinder it should be me no?

He's definetly not that guy.

-Andreas

Old 03-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
I purchased my 997TT from Newport Beach Porsche back in November. I worked with Rey Dhillon. I felt like Rey was basically as honest as he could be and still stay loyal to the dealership. He didn't bend over backwards for me but he gave all he could. I won't say that I "hammered" them, but I did get a pretty good deal. We spent a nice spell going back and forth. I left feeling like they had some room left in the car but they also came down a nice bit for me. I felt like we met in the middle and everyone was happy. It wasn't the best experience I have ever had buying a car - but it wasn't the worst either. I recommend Rey, but be realistic about what he and the dealer are willing to do.

I have never had a good "poker face" when it comes to buying cars. I usually come to buy, have cash and the salesman can smell it a mile away. Rey could tell I really wanted the car and it gave him a negotiating advantage. I only have this weakness with cars. Anything else and I am cold as ice.

Oh well.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:36 PM
CotoPorscheGT2 is infamous around these parts
Smile

Hey Guys,

I just registered here. I work at Porsche Newport Beach if you need someone to treat you right. I have grown up with my Dad owning a Porsche every day since before I was born. He's gone through numerous Carreras (mostly Turbos). They have always taken nothing but good care of him and now I have the privilege of working there. His current Porsche fleet includes a 2005 Turbo S Cab, 2008 Cayenne Turbo, and 2008 911 GT2.

Please do not hesitate to give me a call if you need something, I would like nothing more than to help change the image of this industry. Hope to be taking care of you and building a long term client base very soon!!

Happy Motoring,
Chris Chavez

Old 04-27-2008, 09:17 PM
BankBuster23 is infamous around these parts
I would've said skip Newport Porsche altogether....but this new kid ^^ seems hungry and might be worth a shot....you OK with getting hammered C. Chavez??

Old 04-27-2008, 09:25 PM
997TrackDay is infamous around these parts
I talked with this guy Chris the other day..seems to be a really cool kid. He was very respectful and the guy who approached him after me was a bit abrasive and he handled it really well.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:55 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I never heard of getting a "deal" on a Turbo .

I can understand that everyone wants to drive the car for free but the concept of bargain shopping in Turboland makes no sense .

I can tell that most on this thread sit down with a decent salesperson and walk away where both are happy shaking hands where they both feel its ok.

I like a good price as much as anyone else but I feel that a car sale or service experience takes effort on both sides to empathize with each other and find compromise . My idea of wallking into a car experience is feeling that we are all content and respect each other . This way the years of ownership and service build a foundation of a healthy business/customer relationship .

Just my 2 cents under MSRP .

Old 04-27-2008, 09:56 PM
ggmr is infamous around these parts
i've tired getting a deal from newport imports for 30 years (i've bought 10 new porsches while living in california). i always give them the first try at giving me a deal, or at least match another dealership's price. every single time i end up buying at another dealership and saving thousands.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
Rey Dhillon

Old 04-28-2008, 07:23 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Good luck Chris, glad to see your a sponsor finally!

-Andreas

Old 04-28-2008, 10:08 AM
CotoPorscheGT2 is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys...Id be more than happy to try working deals for you. Of course there are always those that forget sometimes what cars they are looking at (ie: GT3 (RS), GT2, Turbo (cabs)). However, if theres something I can do, especially to help change the dealership's image...let me know!

Thanks!
Chris Chavez