997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Vorsteiner New Front Bumper Teaser: V-RT Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 07:17 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RWDRIFTC2
I like everything except the bottom lip. Looks like a knockoff of the Techart bumper though.
+1. looks like a tweaked TA bumper

Old 03-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Mister PINK is infamous around these parts
I just posted pictures of the rear bumper and wing..
click on link in my signature.

Their quality is EXCELLENT!

Old 03-30-2008, 02:51 AM
oc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really nice
It does share some similiarities to Tech Art and the GT2 bumper but it does have its own unique design concept IMO.

I like it a lot actually lot and prefer this over Tech Art for some reason. Nice and not too agressive which is what the turbo needs.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:12 PM
lei
lei is infamous around these parts
looks good but, looks like a bite off techart.. hahah they need to come up withe their own design..

Old 03-31-2008, 07:13 AM
Banned
Trevor Ely is infamous around these parts
Vorsteiner:

Not a carbon copy, but man is it close!

TechArt:

Old 03-31-2008, 08:38 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I still like Vorsteiner much better and we don't have to worry about the Euro killing the prices. The front isn't so aggressive and it blends in much better.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:24 AM
HRTC is infamous around these parts
I wounder what the fit and finish is like?

Old 03-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Banned
RWDRIFTC2 is infamous around these parts
They are big differences between both products.

The Techart is plastic similar to OEM.

Vorsteiners is carbon fiber. Problems with this including paint chipping easily and the bumper can crack.

I can almost guarantee Vorsteiners bumper price is going to be very close to the Techart, so why not just get the Techart.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:08 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Personally I was never a fan of how the Techart bumper had those swoops on the outside of the bumper. Either on this kit or for the 996TT. Makes it look like it has fangs, less so here than on the 996. Otherwise I think its a great look, but that just made it too over the top for me.

At first I thought the front needed more of an aggressive look but after seeing it for a month, I think the only thing the stock bumper really needs is less of separation between the lip and the bumper, such as the GT2.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:25 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
I like what they did with the placement of the driving lights.
But, I agree with the turn signals, I dont like them. I dont like them on the OEM bumper or any of the aftermarket bumpers. My prefence is to create another light housing for it like in the GT3 bumpers that have been installed on the TTs.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:32 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I can tell you that as a daily driver those turn signals are great, they definitely let people know your intentions.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:04 PM
thuggy has a spectacular aura aboutthuggy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by raiyu
Personally I was never a fan of how the Techart bumper had those swoops on the outside of the bumper. Either on this kit or for the 996TT. Makes it look like it has fangs, less so here than on the 996. Otherwise I think its a great look, but that just made it too over the top for me.

At first I thought the front needed more of an aggressive look but after seeing it for a month, I think the only thing the stock bumper really needs is less of separation between the lip and the bumper, such as the GT2.
I agree with the fang comment, thats why I want to see the end product.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:36 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
sooo what about the rear ? no pics or they still didnt decieded how they gonna take a copy from techart in a way people will not comment on it ehheheheh

Old 03-31-2008, 03:00 PM
oc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really nice
I agree with raiyu and thuggy. The techart has the huge vampire fangs making the front and side profile look too aggresive and heavy imo.

I like the fact that this other bumper does not have the big side fangs making it look lighter and not too over the top. I also kind of like the scuderia style lip crease on the 2 front openings

In any case i think both the Tech Art and Vorsteiner bumpers look good in their own respective rights.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by raiyu
I can tell you that as a daily driver those turn signals are great, they definitely let people know your intentions.
I'm agree with you on that.
Until I have 997TT just ignore what I say.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vorsteiner New Front Bumper Teaser: V-RT Series