997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

C&D: Nissan GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 03:08 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Well I figured since we have fanboys running over here by the thousands posting GT-R threads everywhere, someone here might as well post the OBVIOUS when it hits you in the face.

The TT is faster in a straight line, and with a driver actually trying to go fast in both as fast or faster on the road course too.

Look at the data between the two.

Best motoring - I took a GT-R with a 100 lb weight loss from the seats and a Tiptronic Turbo on dead tires for the GT-R to win by two seconds. Good tires alone are worth almost all of that, now add that 100 lbs back to the GT-R. Be a nail biter if you ask me.
That was the time attack.

Road and Track- Steve Millen- Nissan, nuff said.

Car magazine- Drifting in the Turbo and it was still only one second behind, blew the GT-R away on the final straight, but the excuse was the GT-R hit the rev limiter, when it never reached the rev limit speeds. The data clearly shows, as does the video that the turbo was drifting.

I have my stuff together, when you fanboys can provide some suitable counter arguements, then we can talk, but ignorant dismissal of my points only shows that you are the dummies who will get waxed at the track.

Make sure you read your mags before hand though for tips and pointers on how to beat a Porsche, because that's the only place it'll be happening. THE MAGAZINES.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:23 PM
N Ireland D is infamous around these parts
Yes listen to michael Sch and you'll get waxed on the track ok!! waxed!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 05:16 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
The GT-R never trapped anywhere near 124 mph. Car and Driver tested the car at 4000 feet of elevation, and used a correction factor for an NA car which are twice as much as what is present on an NA car. I doubt they did it on accident.
Dude,

for someone often dismissed as a stubborn Porsche apologist, I have to say you really miss NOTHING! The C&D test spec sheet shows a speed correction factor of 1.0411 and an ET correction factor of 0.96. This means that the GTR turned an actual 1/4 mile of 11.5 sec/0.96=11.97 sec at 124 mph/1.041= 119 mph. Turbo cars don't follow the same correction factors as non-turbo cars at altitude, just as HC stated already. C&D should know this, and they should not have inflated the numbers the way they did. It is a disingenuous to make the GTR look better.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:23 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Actually I got it from quite a few other guys that seem to see through the media B.S. as well. Also interesting is that from R&T the GT-R gets beat badly in the 1/4 mile by two cars, yet the title of the article is GT-R SPANKS etc etc. Well wth do you think will happen on the road course with a factory Nissan test driver? Yet the other info is nearly left out. I dont even think they mentioned the actual 1/4 mile times in that article, only that the GT-R was close to the other two, yet behind................

LOL, this is getting better by the day.

On a positive note there will be a GT-R in the one lap of america, I'm interested in seeing how it holds up to the stresses. The defending champ is a 996 Turbo.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:25 PM
MaxMcQueen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eclou
Dude,

for someone often dismissed as a stubborn Porsche apologist, I have to say you really miss NOTHING! The C&D test spec sheet shows a speed correction factor of 1.0411 and an ET correction factor of 0.96. This means that the GTR turned an actual 1/4 mile of 11.5 sec/0.96=11.97 sec at 124 mph/1.041= 119 mph. Turbo cars don't follow the same correction factors as non-turbo cars at altitude, just as HC stated already. C&D should know this, and they should not have inflated the numbers the way they did. It is a disingenuous to make the GTR look better.
During that test, C/D applied that unusual correction making the car faster, because that day it was unable to compensate for altitude after that the engineers, were messed around with the software to get the best power out of the car. It's know that MAP sensor will be neglected when the system is overworking.

That car was particularily fast being it an engineer test car.

Last edited by MaxMcQueen; 03-03-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:37 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Here we go again....all hail the nissan. For me...not so much, I'll keep the Turbo.
Was thinking about a GTR in exchange for my '07 P-turbo, but after reading the on-and-on above write up by GTR-club chief that Nissan GTR service back up wasn't good, maybe I'll get another P-turbo.
The service and consistent screwing I get with my Porsche is bad enough...would hate to inherit an even a worse nightmare with a GTR.
I think P-turbos for 2014 are overpriced, but looks like GTR and Audi RS5 are the only other high HP vehicles with AWD.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnww
Was thinking about a GTR in exchange for my '07 P-turbo, but after reading the on-and-on above write up by GTR-club chief that Nissan GTR service back up wasn't good, maybe I'll get another P-turbo.
The service and consistent screwing I get with my Porsche is bad enough...would hate to inherit an even a worse nightmare with a GTR.
I think P-turbos for 2014 are overpriced, but looks like GTR and Audi RS5 are the only other high HP vehicles with AWD.

High HP coupes? Lamborghini too. RS5 is heavy so 450hp isn't spectacular. Unless you're thinking a sedan such as an RS7, Panamera or E63. Ferrari FF?

Old 03-04-2014, 11:44 PM
MaxMcQueen is infamous around these parts

The GT-R never trapped anywhere near 124 mph. Car and Driver tested the car at 4000 feet of elevation, and used a correction factor for an NA car which are twice as much as what is present on an NA car.
On August 2008 C&D published a video that explained that was a development test car. They applied that unusual correction to the test sheet because that day engineers were messed around with the software to get the best power possible out of the car. Map sensor will be cut off when system is overworking and the car will be unable to compensate for altitude.
Numbers were taken at 4200' and 25.75 inHg of pressure. This is why just 11.9@119 before the correction and 11.5@124 corrected.

Last edited by MaxMcQueen; 03-04-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:35 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !

On a positive note there will be a GT-R in the one lap of america, I'm interested in seeing how it holds up to the stresses. The defending champ is a 996 Turbo.
I seem to recall with Leh Keen at the wheel the GT-R winning in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Seems to have handled the stresses fairly well.

Still not my cup of tea - I'll stick to my C2S but pretty freakin' impressive.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:00 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
High HP coupes? Lamborghini too. RS5 is heavy so 450hp isn't spectacular. Unless you're thinking a sedan such as an RS7, Panamera or E63. Ferrari FF?
...And Bugatti Veyron, and Audi R8...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.