997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Dension Cable for iPhone/iTouch/Classic/Nano 3...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, please understand, we're doing what we can on this. We don't make the product, we distribute.

If a development arises with newer/better technology, it rarely comes free. I'm working on Dension to get this out to us at no cost for those who have had problems, but thus far, we have to buy them. Will keep everyone posted.

Dension knows there were issues, but they also know new iPods will show up months later and there could be other issues. They will address them as they can.

Video to PCM is doubtful, too many legal issues. Do you really need video on the PCM? Who's going to sit in the car for that long and just watch video? But again, it's up to the mfr to decide on this one. So far, it's not in the cards.

Here are some technical answers for you:
Does this mean that it will charge and use my iPhone as an iPod? Yes
Will I also be able to use it as a phone at the same time? Yes, w/Bluetooth Adapter in place
Is the blue cable the same length? Yes
I have the extension, will that matter? No

We will help everyone as much as we can on this....and there will be some interesting updated news in the next couple of weeks too, that you have been waiting for.

Last edited by Eric (Plug Guy); 03-28-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
You have to go to playlists and find what u want..then select it and wait about 60 seconds and it will download to songlist...Its bit confusing at first..but once u get the hand on ..it works fine

Old 03-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Carrera345 is infamous around these parts
Wow so it can read an iphone huh? That's a great feature. Most sound docks i've tried can't read the iphone.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Subbie is infamous around these parts
Oh but if you buy a Dension, as of now it has a 'Buyer Beware' warranty. <O</O
<O</O

At this point I think the Mobridge unit with the Bluetooth (when it releases) is gonna be a better choice.<O</O
<O</O

Unless Dension does something to fix their poor customer service and crappie user interface, I'm gonna jump on the Mobridge band wagon.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Subbie, not sure where you get your info or your Dension products, but as the primary distributor, we maintain a one-year warranty on all Dension units until informed otherwise.

Email me anytime if you are having issues.

Dension is an R&D company, and is slow to reply to end users, BUT we have a direct line to the Engineering and Tech folks for our customers, and can usually resolve any issues promptly.

eric@bumperplugs.com

As for any other products, until they exist in large volume installed bases, we cannot comment.

But, there will be some news soon that might spin your eyes this way.

Last edited by Eric (Plug Guy); 03-29-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:07 PM
The Dension was purchased and installed by Sharkwerx who purchased the product from you. Alex has already said he'd pay for the cable, but I'm not accepting his offer. It is the manufacturers responcibility to deliver and support a product.

Seeing that you 'maintain a one year warranty' my unit is less than a year old and has issues with the newer IPOD classic that came out in approx Sept of 07, either send a free cable to Sharkwerx so they can make it right or refund the unit and I'll move on to a manufacturer that supports their products.

Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Subbie, not sure where you get your info or your Dension products, but as the primary distributor, we maintain a one-year warranty on all Dension units until informed otherwise.

Email me anytime if you are having issues.

Dension is an R&D company, and is slow to reply to end users, BUT we have a direct line to the Engineering and Tech folks for our customers, and can usually resolve any issues promptly.

eric@bumperplugs.com

As for any other products, until they exist in large volume installed bases, we cannot comment.

But, there will be some news soon that might spin your eyes this way.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Still waiting on their ability to 'resolve any issues prompty'.

'Dension is an R&D company, and is slow to reply to end users, BUT we have a direct line to the Engineering and Tech folks for our customers, and can usually resolve any issues promptly'.

Last edited by Subbie; 03-31-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor
Can you read?

EMAIL ME and I will create a ticket for you! It's THAT simple!

Give me the specific ipod model, the car year/model/head unit info, the issues you are having, and if you are running the latest firmware. Simple man. I will do what I can for you. But I cannot do it unless you email me.

OK?

eric@bumperplugs.com

Nearly everyone we know who bought our units and experienced a problem last summer with the latest iPod 80gb unit release has been fixed using the iPod updater with iTunes. Nothing else was needed.

The new cable is NOT needed at all for 6th Gen on/off/charging issues, and in fact, we released the details of this fix MONTHS ago on all the boards:
<o></o>
1)<!--[endif]-->update to 2.08 firmware if not already running it<o></o>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->2)<!--[endif]-->update iPod using iTunes<o></o>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->3)<!--[endif]-->reset iPod after updating (hold down wheel at 12 and center for enough time to blank out)<o></o>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->4)<!--[endif]-->reset Dension on Aux box and shut down 10 minutes/arm car<o></o>
<o></o>
That’s all there is to it.<o></o>

Warranty covers a unit that is NOT functioning at all. If you place a 5th gen iPod classic on the system, does it work?

Again, I am NOT the manufacturer, but we will do everything we can to help you on reasonable issues.

Last edited by Eric (Plug Guy); 03-31-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:52 PM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Subbie
Still waiting on their ability to 'resolve any issues prompty'.

'Dension is an R&D company, and is slow to reply to end users, BUT we have a direct line to the Engineering and Tech folks for our customers, and can usually resolve any issues promptly'.

I have had most of my concerns resolved with the updated firmware versions .. I agree that the price for a new cable is a bit steep; but those prices are set by Dension (not Eric), no sense in shooting the reseller. Regardless, I placed an order because the ipod-touch dieing in the middle of road trips is no fun.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks mishref. My point above seems to be missed by this one poster. All we need is direct contact via email with whatever issues are at hand, and the detail mentioned, sent via email, and we can get things rolling. Until someone emails me, I'm really sorry I cannot read minds (yet). We're negotiating with Dension to try and get these cables free or discounted, and if we do, those who bought from us, and have the issue or need it, will get it. Thanks for your patience folks.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:29 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)

........I'm really sorry I cannot read minds (yet). ........
What?? That is totally unacceptable!!!

...Hang in there Eric