997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Dension Cable for iPhone/iTouch/Classic/Nano 3...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
New Dension Cable for iPhone/iTouch/Classic/Nano 3...

Please take note that Dension has released a new iPod Din cable which is compatible with all Dension Gateway units. This new Din cable connector is blue in color and has been developed to fix the charging issue on newer generation of iPods. ( iPhone, iTouch, Classic and Nano 3). This new Din cable also supports video transfer.

If you are in need of this cable, or using one of the aforementioned iPod units, PLEASE ORDER immediately as we are getting ready to place the order for this new cable. ($49 plus nominal shipping). You will find it on the Order page, under the Dension items.

Thanks!

Last edited by Eric (Plug Guy); 03-27-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:51 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Video transfer, as in we can get video on our pcm screen from the ipod?

Old 03-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Mpowered is infamous around these parts
if i order a new denison kit, will it come with this cable or will i have to order this cable as well?

Old 03-27-2008, 04:01 PM
911turbo.com is infamous around these parts
cool

Old 03-27-2008, 04:36 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Eric,

Will I be able to use my phone via Bluetooth (tooki) and use the iPod function of my iPhone?

Old 03-27-2008, 05:35 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
i'm interested to know this too!

Old 03-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Philly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms

I'm interested as well if this is at all true.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Subbie is infamous around these parts
Ok so let me get this right, Dension wants us to spend another $49 to fix a 'known' problem with the newer IPODS in regards to charging correctly? I have a Dension and have had nothing but problems with it, guess what, charging my newer version IPOD classic. I'm really annoyed having to spend money to make this unit work as promised.

Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Please take note that Dension has released a new iPod Din cable which is compatible with all Dension Gateway units. This new Din cable connector is blue in color and has been developed to fix the charging issue on newer generation of iPods. ( iPhone, iTouch, Classic and Nano 3). This new Din cable also supports video transfer.

If you are in need of this cable, or using one of the aforementioned iPod units, PLEASE ORDER immediately as we are getting ready to place the order for this new cable. ($49 plus nominal shipping). You will find it on the Order page, under the Dension items.

Thanks!

Old 03-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I'm working on all this tonight and will have answers tomorrow. As for Subbie, I wish I could give it away, but that's not possible. You can use an older iPod (last year) and it will work fine. Improvements always cost something, and development costs are quite steep, and this company has been in R&D for over 7 months on the 6th Generation iPod issue, as have we. We'll try to work all this out in the next day or so...this just hit today. Video is NOT iPod to PCM. Won't happen, too many lawyers.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:16 PM
ArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to behold
If the Dension unit was theoretically capable of video -> PCM, couldn't Dension add a kill switch that would "have" to be attached to the E-brake? This way the only time video would be visible was while the car was parked with the e-brake up.

Wouldn't that satisfy the lawyers? It's not like anyone would ever bypass that or something!

Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
I'm working on all this tonight and will have answers tomorrow. As for Subbie, I wish I could give it away, but that's not possible. You can use an older iPod (last year) and it will work fine. Improvements always cost something, and development costs are quite steep, and this company has been in R&D for over 7 months on the 6th Generation iPod issue, as have we. We'll try to work all this out in the next day or so...this just hit today. Video is NOT iPod to PCM. Won't happen, too many lawyers.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:24 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Eric, I was the one to figure out the 6th gen classics didn't work with dension. It was advertised to work with 4th gen and newer, when I bought the dension from you..........I don't feel it right to charge me for this cable.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:31 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
My install is scheduled for early May after my car arrives, so I ordered the cable to get it done right the first time (I hope). Will it be here by then? Thanks Eric.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:37 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
I hear mObridge is working on video-to-pcm for Q3/Q4 of this year as an add-on for their units. I hear the limitation is car must be going less than 5mph. Know anything about that or are you only dealing Dension?

Old 03-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Just had a Dension installed. It seems to be charging my IPOD classic. Everything works more or less.. My only complaint is the interface is a bit slow, but this seems to be a problem with lots of aftermarket IPOD stuff. On the plus side it displays playlists and song titles as promised and sound better than any FM modulator.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Carrera345 is infamous around these parts
have been thinking about getting this since it allows the songs to be displayed on the screen

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Dension Cable for iPhone/iTouch/Classic/Nano 3...