997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My amateur photos of great modificatons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 01:05 PM
CWtwin is a jewel in the roughCWtwin is a jewel in the roughCWtwin is a jewel in the rough
You have great taste. Looks like you and I have done almost identical mods right up to the steering wheel. The one I am still on the fence about is the intercoolers. What kind of difference did they make wit the stock turbos? Anyway, great ride.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:00 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atomic80
I know it's small but I noticed you didn't get the leather gear shift trim piece. You should really look into getting that if possible.
Yep --leather trim , leather console, Turbo lid -- are the next set of interior upgrades .

I did not order the car and spec it .Instead I had bought a 997S and then one day got the Turbo bug only 5 months later . The dealership had this car and it was close enough to what I would have ordered and with a few less options made the loss on the trade in seem reasonable. Once I had the car that's when I decided to go all out bit and piece at a time . My largest focus was NOT on the interior but rather on the engine . It was my point of origin with modding .

But now I have turned a little attention to the inside .

Last edited by yrralis1; 03-28-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:07 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CWtwin
You have great taste. Looks like you and I have done almost identical mods right up to the steering wheel. The one I am still on the fence about is the intercoolers. What kind of difference did they make wit the stock turbos? Anyway, great ride.
I noticed that we had that similar taste when you posted your car. I wish I could answer your question but since I did all of the engine mods at the same time (except the plenum) and my car had only 100 miles on it when I began the intercoolers were part of the package .

The Turbo upgrade is the last and with that I have some skepticism . I want to be sure that the car's internals can withstand 700 HP without posing reliability issues . Currently my car has been trouble free and i do like that .

Also with the Turbo upgrade --many think that a bigger turbo makes a faster car and it does do that but it also can come with some increased lag too . Most rolling sprints are won with less lag and are more fun.

I am very interested in the Gt2 Turbo's but I just want to be sure that my car can handle all the mods I have PLUS those Turbo's without breaking an axle or something .

Old 03-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
nice

Old 04-01-2008, 05:02 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
how is the air box on road did u feel any Hp'z diffrent on road ?

Old 04-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Werks intake is awesome. We just got one for a customer. Quality is fantastic. The interior OEM carbon trim looks much better then what I have on my 996TT.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:26 AM
MKS
MKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of light
looks really great! now i hate how skinny the stock steering wheel is haha thanks!

Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
i love the red stiching. looks amazing.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
how is the air box on road did u feel any Hp'z diffrent on road ?
Since I had all the engine parts installed at the same time (except the plenum which I installed later on) I could not know which individual part contributed the most. If I had to guess though I would pick the ECU software.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:41 PM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
Car looks stunning. Our cars are nearly identical with the exception of the wheels and steering wheel. That steering looks amazing! I have pretty much same setup interanlly as you except I have the FS Intakes but damn that Werks one you got there looks awesome. I was trying to stop modding since I've been reading all those fabulous reviews on the GT2 I thought about the plenum but decided to hold off for now til I read more reviews.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:24 PM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
Looks great! The Techart steering wheel has definitely spoiled me. I really like your upgrades and the WERKS box really improves the engine bay.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks guys --I have been very pleased and still have a few things left on the wish list .

On the interior I opted not to get the carbon but rather to eventually swap out the console (leather) and get some leather on the shifter.

On the engine -I will see the various Turbo upgrades with time . I am not in a hurry as i am content with both the performance and reliability of the car .

Old 04-25-2008, 09:18 AM
mkv
mkv is infamous around these parts
just curious if you have any more pictures of the exterior of your car? your avatar looks great

Old 04-25-2008, 09:27 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
looks amazing

Old 04-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Banned
997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Yep --leather trim , leather console, Turbo lid -- are the next set of interior upgrades .
I think those are the "exclusive" options, and I've heard that exclusive parts are only available for a new car during the production. They can't be retro-fitted.

If that's not true, I'd love to order a PCM package leather & CF Air Vents.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My amateur photos of great modificatons