997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My amateur photos of great modificatons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:14 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
My amateur photos of great modificatons

I am not much of a photographer but I tried to show the recent wave of upgrades. Somewhere behind the Werks1 is the plenum. I also added the Techart leather steering wheel and the "EGA" (thanks Jason) shift/brake aluminum. I love the steering wheel and shifter . The combination of the two dramatically change the drive characteristics of the car . The plenum in combination with the Werks1 as well as the Evo intercoolers /Evo headers/Tubi really combine to make a nice punch . For now I am resting at this level .

Attached Images     
Old 03-27-2008, 11:21 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I'm willing to bet that your rest at his level will be very short lived. It's a disease I tell you. Love what you've done so far. Great taste.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Looks great!

Old 03-28-2008, 05:25 AM
Chicago_Steve is infamous around these parts
I have had very similar performance upgrades made as you and am likewise very happy. I am intrigued by the new shifter you installed. How did that change the driving feel of the car?

Originally Posted by yrralis1
For now I am resting at this level .
I tried, but I agree with Gotboost that it's a disease!

Old 03-28-2008, 05:54 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
nice job!

Old 03-28-2008, 05:56 AM
Philly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the rough
That looks amazing!

Old 03-28-2008, 06:10 AM
GT-Tan is infamous around these parts
Very nice..really like the shift ****.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:32 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Oh sweet Turbo here!
Am I crazy or the shift **** wasn't put back right on place?
Seems like it's a bit up...
Are you thinking about a dyno test for it...to see the result?

Old 03-28-2008, 07:50 AM
RTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura about
Sahhhhweeeettttt!!!!!

You have great taste! LoL!

Old 03-28-2008, 10:20 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chicago_Steve
I have had very similar performance upgrades made as you and am likewise very happy. I am intrigued by the new shifter you installed. How did that change the driving feel of the car?

I tried, but I agree with Gotboost that it's a disease!
The shifter and steering wheel changed the hands on component of driving for me . It meshed my overall connection to the car .
I did the car in sections when it came to mods.

Wave 1- Engine -
Werks1 intake, Evo intercoolers. Evo headers , Tubi Exuast . Techart tips , GIAC software

Wave 2- Body and suspension , wheels
Techart front splitter, rear diffuser , side skirts, carbon vent , carbon mirror inserts, roof spoiler (painted) .
Techart springs .
HRE Comp C20 wheels brushed

Wave 3 - plenum and interior
IBD plenum , Alum shifter/Brake

Without taking up space on photos here is a full set which includethe before pics of the interior .
http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/yrralis1

Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by pilone
Oh sweet Turbo here!
Am I crazy or the shift **** wasn't put back right on place?
Seems like it's a bit up...
Are you thinking about a dyno test for it...to see the result?
Nope it's spot on . I may have moved it or the camera angle trying to take the photos as usually my girlfriend is the picture taker instead of me . I don;t take photis often .

As for the dyno --not yet . I want to be sure I'm finished modding before I do but I am estimating an approx 600HP (+ or -)

Old 03-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by RTEAMSTRADALE
Sahhhhweeeettttt!!!!!

You have great taste
Your car is stunning and helped me decide onn the shifter along with Json's explanation of the different shifters..

Old 03-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
I'm willing to bet that your rest at his level will be very short lived. It's a disease I tell you. Love what you've done so far. Great taste.
There's not much left to do for me. I may do the coilvovers, venture shield if I drive more often . Right now I don't drive it many miles and stick onlt to times when I know the roads are clean .

The last big upgrade would be the Turbo upgrade / performance clutch. I have narrowed it down to two and I will watch to see all the posts about them.

They are as follows-
1) The Gt2 Turbos - I located 7 avaiable in Germany and want to see the full setup placed on the Gt2 . I want the technicians to familiarize themselves with the GT2 after they see and drive the car , work on it , and then it may be one choice. I like the OEM component and even though it may have less HP than some others I do feel it would work well in combination with my parts . Also I want to see if a smaller turbo may produce less lag making sprint type acceleration more efficent .

2) The AWE setup . I am watching all the posts and so far it looks great.

Last edited by yrralis1; 03-28-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:26 PM
ArenaMotorGroup is infamous around these parts
That has to be the sexiest air box ever!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 12:35 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I know it's small but I noticed you didn't get the leather gear shift trim piece. You should really look into getting that if possible.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My amateur photos of great modificatons