997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Here comes my car!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:06 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The wait must be unbelievable . The most I waited for a Porsche was one week and it was a very longweek . Yet the fun part is that you have the youngest Turbo on the forum as it's ownership time is yet to come. In many ways anticipation is in itself a way enjoy the time through imagination.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:18 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
That is great!

Congratualtions.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:29 PM
eight0zero is infamous around these parts
wow... thats so cool...

Old 03-30-2008, 04:29 AM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
The wait just adds to the excitement!
Seeing your new baby for the first time will give you goosebumps lol

Old 03-30-2008, 08:11 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gretapass
Not so many great roads in Washington, but a few. May have to take some long trips to the grocery store (in California - LOL). Subbie, post a pic of those wheels - I would like to see too.
Are you kidding me? Greta! You need to start coming with us on drives! Many of us folks know of good roads in the area!

It's getting closer!!!

Old 03-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Subbie is infamous around these parts
Sorry for the slight hi-jack..

They are HRE 843R's with painted centers. I sure wish I had ceramics on them, they are a pain to keep clean.

.... now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Originally Posted by GEE-BEE
Hey Subbie !

What Wheels Are Those On Your Tt ?

Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2008, 01:35 PM
eaglejackson is infamous around these parts
Soooo close......

Old 03-30-2008, 01:58 PM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of
Congratulations ! The wait is almost over and the weather here in Seattle should be getting better !

Last edited by lpm 505; 03-31-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:17 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=atomic80;1764170]Are you kidding me? Greta! You need to start coming with us on drives! Many of us folks know of good roads in the area!

After driving a porsche through five countries, up and down 14 europeon mountain passes and the best roads in the world, I got terribly spoiled last fall. Nothing will ever compare - thus the need for a more fun car

Old 03-30-2008, 07:42 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=gretapass;1765196]
Originally Posted by atomic80
Are you kidding me? Greta! You need to start coming with us on drives! Many of us folks know of good roads in the area!

After driving a porsche through five countries, up and down 14 europeon mountain passes and the best roads in the world, I got terribly spoiled last fall. Nothing will ever compare - thus the need for a more fun car
You're right, madam. You've certainly been spoiled but then again so have I. Remember, I drove a Turbo in Germany/Austria last year too.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:44 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
thats really cool you can track the car on the vessel. you will have tons of fun in your car soon enough.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Freier is infamous around these parts
so close you can almost taste it! Very cool photo of the ship going thru Panama, one to keep in your turbo scrap-book!

Old 03-30-2008, 11:36 PM
whyb2nd is infamous around these parts
nice research Greta, helps pass the time and keeps your finger nails intact....It won't be long now.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:30 PM
cwjr is infamous around these parts
Greta,
How did you find out what boat your car will be on? And what info did you get from the dealer that allowed you to track production, delivery to the boat and etc? (without having to call the delaer every day...is there a website I can access?) I've got a GT-2 that's coming into production soon, and would like to be able to follow the progress.
Thanks,
cwjr

Old 03-31-2008, 08:39 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cwjr
Greta,
How did you find out what boat your car will be on? And what info did you get from the dealer that allowed you to track production, delivery to the boat and etc? (without having to call the delaer every day...is there a website I can access?) I've got a GT-2 that's coming into production soon, and would like to be able to follow the progress.
Thanks,
cwjr
Well, I must admit I did call the dealer pretty frequently although they know me pretty well. I first got an estimated production date about five months in advance, which gets confirmed a week or two before. Then the dealer gets a daily update that tells what part of production the car is in (pre-paint, final production, etc). On the production date, or a day or two later, they will receive your VIN number (your birth certificate). Then the car gets transported to a Port in Germany which took about five days in my case - usually Bremerhaven. When it gets put on a vessel, your dealer update sheet which they get every day, will have the name of your vessel. After that, you can track the vessel on the websites I listed, and through your Port of destination (in my case, San Diego). Very fun - but will also drive you insane! Good luck and congratulations on your new GT-2!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here comes my car!!